crfracer290 horrible trader

Status
Not open for further replies.
Location Cypress, Texas
Heat: crfracer290
Paypal: [email protected]
AOL: [email protected]

It's been close to 2 months now and he made every excuse in the book while I have waited patiently but now he is ignoring my PM's and calls so I figure I have no other choice but to warn everyone of this guy.

I purchased a phase change from him a Vapoli V2000 at the beginning of May. Paypal'd him 640 dollars as requested. He said he wouldn't be able to get it shipped out until Friday (This was on a Wednesday) so i said that's fine but after sending him the money had no communication for a couple days then he eventually responded saying UPS was too expenisve he was going to ship it Yellow freight etc. Three weeks pass and he still had not shipped the case so i started threatening to call the police and post on the forums. I told him to not even bother shipping it to me at this point just refund my money please. However finally a week later I get the shipping info.

Now the package arrives and I pick it up and can feel the case sloshing around from side to side so I am a bit worried about the way it was packed and of course once I opened it up I see that the box was barely big enough to fit the case. The case was resting on its wheels on the bottom of the box and the top of the box barely closed. He had put a couple pieces of broken styrofoam to fill the space between the sides of the case and the sides of the box but of course there was no room for anything to protect the bottom nor the top of the case so the full weight was resting on the bottom of the cardboard box. Oh and he also thoughtfully filled the inside of the case up halfway with peanuts, I suppose he thought this would prevent the 50 pound compressor and all the components from dislodging in the case during shipping. he was wrong.

Here are some pics of the case, All the refrigerant has leaked out, the case is bent out of shape so bad that it needs to be replaced. Pieces of the phase change are just dangling not even mounted anymore. Basically it is ruined. I really wish he would have just refunded my money in the first place because somehow I just had a feeling something like this would happen.

Junk011.jpg

Junk004.jpg

DSC01186.jpg

He said he was filing an insurance claim with UPS about two weeks ago and he said he would refund my money but of course he is now ignoring all my PM's and phone calls so I am out 640 dollars.

Aviod this guy at all costs.

Holy shit, what a f*cked up thing to do...

I highly suggest you go after this guy with every intention of handing his info to the authorities.

dude this is no joke. sorry man. I think I remember this guy because I was about to purchase this case, but I thought $640 on a case was way too much. Hope it turns out well

he eventually responded saying UPS was too expenisve he was going to ship it Yellow freight etc

He said he was filing an insurance claim with UPS about two weeks ago

That is really horrid for you man....and the above quotes are from the OP....from what i get....there is no way he can fill out an insurance claim via UPS since he shipped it yellow freight :eek:

That is really horrid for you man....and the above quotes are from the OP....from what i get....there is no way he can fill out an insurance claim via UPS since he shipped it yellow freight :eek:

No he did end up shipping it UPS in the end, The Yellow Freight thing was just one of many excuses as to why he still had not shipped the case during the first 3-4 weeks of dealing with him. I suspect UPS denied his claim though due to the horrible packing job and that is probably why he is now ignoring all my PM's and calls.

The sad part is, at one point he likely had a working Vapo unit and a nice looking case...

I realize a real human being got scammed in this thread, but seriously...think of the poor hardware...

ah i understand now....

checked his heat and seen you haven't left a negative for this deal (i think its gone far enough), is it to late to try a paypal claim? or if you paid via CC a charge back?

Sorry to hear of the problems, have you filed a Paypal claim yet? It should be pretty cut and dry. 1.) He failed to ship within the Paypal timeframe,which I believe is 7 days from the payment date. 2) Product is obviously not as described due to his negligence of proper packing.

im with absinthe, try to file the claim. man im sorry to hear this happened and definately leave negative heat for future traders

Sorry to hear of the problems, have you filed a Paypal claim yet? It should be pretty cut and dry. 1.) He failed to ship within the Paypal timeframe,which I believe is 7 days from the payment date. 2) Product is obviously not as described due to his negligence of proper packing.

The last time I filed a paypal claim (First time) I escalated it and Paypal told me they couldn't do anything about it. I don't have the email anymore but essentially they said that I was right and I should recieve a refund however there was no money in the sellers account so they couldn't do anything about it and were closing the dispute. That was for some speakers I bought for my car and never recieved apparently 5 other people bought the same pair as well, all of us got scammed.

This time I tried to avoid escalating the claim hoping that crfracer290 would issue a refund but apparently he was just stalling waiting for the claim to close automatically because that is when he broke off all communication with me.

Live and learn but i don't think it would have done any good to escalate the claim through Paypal seeing as it didn't do any good the first time I guess I should have known better than to let it expire without escalating it though.

Wow, I am really really glad i didn't get this from him. We had talked back and forth about a possible deal. I know he was trying to sell it for months. Try to look for his posts in the forums. I know he mentioned in one that he just started university. You might be able to get a hold of him that way.
And like others have suggested, if you did use CC paypal you can dispute it with your credit card.

Holy shit. >$500 is a Felony isn't it?

regardless, I would really try to go at him with the law. I assume you got personal information and checked it out before spending that much online?

suspect UPS denied his claim though due to the horrible packing job and that is probably why he is now ignoring all my PM's and calls.
UPS would not even consider as claim until they came out to your house and picked up all the items...including the original packaging..so if they haven't done this, you can bet that no claim was filed.

And I remember the original thread....Good luck getting this resolved

And like others have suggested, if you did use CC paypal you can dispute it with your credit card.

Yeah, this is one of the reasons that it always raises a flag with me when a seller flat out says "no CC paypal only." I understand that there are fees involved and I don't usually pay with CC anyway, but when a seller flat-out refuses to let me cover my own ass, I tend to stay away. Same with sellers who only accept money orders. Even if you have a 100% + Heat account, it's still easier for you to just dump it and start over when something like this happens and you have to pay $640 to make things right.

EDIT: I know it's horrible, but the pictures of that case actually made me laugh. It's sad to think that someone could be so much of a retard to think that filling the case with peanuts is going to prevent a compressor weighing as much as a small child from crushing the case.

Yeah, this is one of the reasons that it always raises a flag with me when a seller flat out says "no CC paypal only." I understand that there are fees involved and I don't usually pay with CC anyway, but when a seller flat-out refuses to let me cover my own ass, I tend to stay away.
I'm no troll :(

I prever non-CC Paypal because I've heard horror stories about trolls and chargebacks on Paypal. If Paypal gets a chargeback, nine times out of ten they'll take it straight out of your balance no questions asked. I'm not a troll, I'm trying to protect myself from them.

Holy crap! :eek: I hope you get all your money back out of the deal. That was one horrible packing job.

Ouch, I bought a 8800GTS from the cfracer guy, it came packaged decently. Took him a few days to ship it, but other than that I didn't have any problems.

Really hate to see stuff like this happen, hope things get worked out.

So what if it is, this doesn't apply here. He didn't steal money from him.

OP paid for a product shipped by a specific date.
Date came and went. And went. And went.
OP requested his money back.
Seller shipped instead of refunding.

At this point it is theft. The original agreement was violated by the seller not shipping by the agreed on date. The buyer indicated that he no longer wanted the product, that he wanted his money back, and the seller refused to return his money. The fact that the seller instead sent the now unwanted product doesn't matter.

If the buyer requested a refund before the item was shipped, it is theft. If it can be shown that the refund was requested before the item shipped, then it is quite likely that it's actionable.

That sad excuse of a packing job is not the only way that the seller royally screwed up.

I have to agree with Khanmots to a point. I am not sure by law if this is considered theft or not but the seller definitely screwed the pooch by not sending a refund when it was requested after the ship-by date had passed and the merchandise has not shipped..

I am not sure by law if this is considered theft or not but the seller definitely screwed the pooch by not sending a refund when it was requested after the ship-by date had passed and the merchandise has not shipped..

It doesn't violate any laws, if he were a store, then he could have contacted the BBB. So far, he's a bad trader and he should be taken to small claims .

bottom line, theft or not, it doesn't matter--don't deal with this fool. Even if he's got the goods, he don't know how to ship them. I would never try and ship something like that the way he did. It probably called for two shipments. The case is nice but anyone who ever owned one knows they can warp, bend or snap much easier than other cases--that's just how alluminum is. Not that Lian-Li's case isn't excellent, they just can't ship with heavy ass equipment stored inside--effin' DUH!

Really you should have refused delivery/return to sender. Sadly I have had many experiences with stuff being mutilated by UPS... sometimes their fault and sometimes because of seller's bad packing. It is very very hard to get a settlement with them unless you have tons of evidence that it was their fault.

It doesn't violate any laws, if he were a store, then he could have contacted the BBB. So far, he's a bad trader and he should be taken to small claims .

That's what I was getting at.

If it was a felony originally, would it be considered a civil matter still?

Oh my god. I ordered a Wired Mac Keyboard from this guy a few months ago and NEVER got it. He claimed to have shipped it, but never could provide a tracking number. After waiting a few weeks, and asking him whats going on he said he didn't know what was up. I just told him whatever, and decided to absorb the cost because he sounded honest. Also, I just didn't want to deal with it anymore. Now I wish I had asked him to send my money back.. wtf..

Let's wait until we hear from crfracer290 regarding this matter before we judge his trading integrity.

Ive dealt with this guy on numerous occasions. I bought a mouse from him a while back, three weeks it never came. He filed a claim, and i got my money back as well as him from UPS. Maybe he has a problem with his mail getting stolen or the post office stealing his mail. I wouldnt totally put this on him. Hes a great guy and i know him not just from buying/selling. He wouldnt pack something that cost this much like this, so again, dont put it all on him. And to the guy that posted the AIM convo, i bet you feel like a bamf cause you can harass someone from AIM. Take your nonsense else where cause its not helping out.

I'm no troll :(

I prever non-CC Paypal because I've heard horror stories about trolls and chargebacks on Paypal. If Paypal gets a chargeback, nine times out of ten they'll take it straight out of your balance no questions asked. I'm not a troll, I'm trying to protect myself from them.

thats not true. although it is VERY easy for someone to use paypal to get their money back. you can easily stop them as well.

paypal WILL contact you and ask you about it (i have had people try and get their money back after buying gold on WoW from me)

as long as you have the shipping information, and it says delivered, you will probably win.

the only thing that you need to check for on paypal is if they specify their address

knockout, how do you know him other than buying and selling? And if he didn't pack this shipment, who did? I don't know who you are to him but if you do know the guy, and you see what's being said about him here, why not give him a little push to get the whole story rather than have things one sided like they are.

Advocating for him without him speaking on his own behalf will make everyone a little suspicious.

Oh my god. I ordered a Wired Mac Keyboard from this guy a few months ago and NEVER got it. He claimed to have shipped it, but never could provide a tracking number. After waiting a few weeks, and asking him whats going on he said he didn't know what was up. I just told him whatever, and decided to absorb the cost because he sounded honest. Also, I just didn't want to deal with it anymore. Now I wish I had asked him to send my money back.. wtf..

why didnt you report it on heatware?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back