Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
It's the Elite Pro, and it has 4x CS4398 DACs. The 0404 has the flagship AKM DAC.NulloModo said:Doesn't Creative own EMU? The X-Fi platinum edition, or whatever the best is called, has some pretty hardcore DACs...
The Elite Pro and 1212M have same DACs.AdamW said:I thought the higher end X-Fis had the same DAC as the 1212?
peacetilence said:Also, who cares about DAC's when Optical bit perfect output has existed for years. Creative doesn't seem to care.
![]()
^is this card from 1992? Where the hell is the optical output?
peacetilence said:Nullo I am no expert on these things. Quite the opposite! But can Coaxal SPDIF pass through DD and DTS signals to a reciever? (IE, when you put in a DVD the reciever detects the bit perfect DD or DTS signal) I just figured optical was the best! If coaxal can do these things in the same quality as optical I wouldn't care if I made the switch (if the sound card was worth it that is.)
Your statement is unfounded in reality. As of late, the quality levels in the Creative line has definately improved, and has even eclipsed other cards, such as the M-Audio Revo 7.1.peacetilence said:Sucks; Creative is best for gaming (highest FPS + Compatability) but completely sucks for everything else. While the opposite is true for even the cheapest of budget solution cards. Creative has it's paws clenched tightly around the consumer's nuts.