Creative X-Fi 79.99AR @ CompUSA

duaLife

Limp Gawd
Joined
Mar 21, 2006
Messages
143
CompUSA for this week has the Creative X-Fi Sound Card for $129.99 - $20 instant savings. That alone will match the price of most online e-tailers. They also have a $30 MIR making the price $79.99. I've used CompUSA once for rebates and it took about 5 weeks from the time I sent off the rebate, which is relatively good in the rebate world.
 
not bad, not bad at all. Can someone explain to me why the fatality version of the x-fi costs so much more than the platinum?
 
Fatality has X-ram and the front panel...basically you're paying for sound card ram.
 
kirbyrj said:
Fatality has X-ram and the front panel...basically you're paying for sound card ram.

...Doesn't the platinum version have these features as well?
 
I purchased this very card at BB a month ago with a PM to CC. Is the PM policy 30 days? Bastidges.
 
And Xram is good for what? Midi? IMO, buying a cheap SB makes sense. If you're buying a more expensive version, you're probably using it for more than gaming, and in that case m-audio is a better choice. I have no idea how good/bad M-audio's cards are for gaming alone.
 
nilepez said:
And Xram is good for what? Midi? IMO, buying a cheap SB makes sense. If you're buying a more expensive version, you're probably using it for more than gaming, and in that case m-audio is a better choice. I have no idea how good/bad M-audio's cards are for gaming alone.

X-ram is all gimmick IMO, only a grand total of 3 current games even use it to boost performance by 1 or 2%, and Battlefiled 2 is the only one who supposedly increases audio quality. The thing that makes it fall short is the lack of games, and you know it is not well accepted when they aren't even advertising new games using it on their website.

M-audio leaves a lot to be desired in games, due to the lack of advanced EAX features for positional audio.

Besides that though the M-audio provides a superior audio listening experience when it comes to music.
 
Well speaking of BF2 and the X-fi cards, I along with several people I know run them and I can tell you for a fact it is better. The game just sounds awesome with it, mind you I came from an old Turtle Beach Santa Cruz here. I have a few guys in my clan that have upgraded from the Audigy2's and they can hear the difference it makes, one of which is an audiophile and records his own music. The card does make BF2 better period, end of story.. :)
 
Best Buy also have this X-fi for $79.99AR
There is a $10 coupon floating around too.
That makes it $69.99.
 
luie said:
Best Buy also have this X-fi for $79.99AR
There is a $10 coupon floating around too.
That makes it $69.99.


Can you help me out with some links and details, I would like to bite on that one,

Thanks in advance.
 
I believe maybe the coupon he is speaking about is the $10 off any Best Buy PC game coupon. That coupon would not work for this, and also expired yesterday.
 
Since that is the Case I went ahead and bought the one from CompUSA. Don't care for best buy.. I would really rather smear napalm on my testicles and smoke naked than buy from them..


Thanks for the Deal!!
 
UltimaParadox said:
M-audio leaves a lot to be desired in games, due to the lack of advanced EAX features for positional audio.

Besides that though the M-audio provides a superior audio listening experience when it comes to music.

I don't really know much about m-audio with games. I have an SB for games, which ironically sits idle in an old computer while I use the less than stellar sound that comes off of my NF4 Lanparty board, which has an audible hiss at times..

I think that an SB is great for games, but beyond the cheapest model of the current lineup, I'm not sure there's any advantage. My older card is an Audigy, it has the front panel, and for the most part, I didn't find it useful.
 
duaLife said:
I believe maybe the coupon he is speaking about is the $10 off any Best Buy PC game coupon. That coupon would not work for this, and also expired yesterday.

oh i see. thanks for the heads up
 
TheBluePill said:
Got my X-Fi in today!! Freekin Awesome!! Thanks again for the Hot deal OP!

Got my $30 rebate check today. Everyone that bit on this, be on the lookout.

Thanks again OP.
 
Damn all you that bumped this :p

I didn't look at the date on the original post and thought this was a fresh deal.
 
nobi125 said:
Damn all you that bumped this :p

I didn't look at the date on the original post and thought this was a fresh deal.

Me too, I went straight for their site to see if this was good for their Plat version or what not. Then I came back and saw someone got their rebate, then checked the date.
 
Back
Top