Creative Sound Blaster Z + Logitech Z5500

xshaney

n00b
Since I can't find the forum for the sound card. I need help because I got the new sound card today, I have a nforce 780i motherboard from EVGA and I put in a new Creative sound blaster Z sound card, I have windows 8 and I followed the instruction and everything seem to be in order but something is missing because my speaker center and rear is muted while the subwoofer and the front is playing. I try to change setting within the sound blaster console and they are still muted. I decide to switch my logitech z5500 to a 2 speaker only instead of a 6 channel and all the speakers are working [front, sub, rear and center] but then I switch back to 6 channel and only center and rear speakers isn't working. I used to have onboard [realtek] sound and all speakers are working in 5.1 but creative sound blaster z - nope. Anyone know how to fix it or give me simple advice, help?

And to answer your question if you're wondering if my realtek driver has been uninstalled? yes it is fully uninstalled, and another question about which slot I put my sound card in? I put in a 2nd PCI-E 16x, was it in the wrong slot?

It seems u might have plugged the audio in the wrong hole while under the wrong setting on either windows or some 3rd party software.

make sure u have ur diagram that lets u kno which is which, and make sure any 3rd party settings, or windows settings isnt crossing things wrong.

It seems u might have plugged the audio in the wrong hole while under the wrong setting on either windows or some 3rd party software.

make sure u have ur diagram that lets u kno which is which, and make sure any 3rd party settings, or windows settings isnt crossing things wrong.

No I plugged it in the right hole Port #1 = Green, Port #2 = Black and Port #3 = Orange. That is what it said in the manual. Everything seen to be in order but then again center and rear muted when it is set to 5.1 surround on the sound blaster control center. If switched to Stereo, all speakers work. However on my Logitech control center [the hardware where you control the volume] if I switched the effect to either movie or music, all of the speakers work while creative is set to 5.1 surround but it kinda making a echo sound when playing a movie or when playing music or when playing games, but when I switch it to 6 Ch on logitech, center and rear is muted, only sub woofer and front speakers work. I did the same for window default volume device in windows 8, it is still the same as sound blaster control center. I did a clean install of windows 8 and install only Sound blaster driver/software and tested it out to see if clean install would solve my problem, and no the result is still the same. Only way for all my speakers to work is if my logitech z5500 speakers effect is set to movie or music and not in CH 6 but it will make echo sound when some words are spoken.

With Realtek [onboard sound] when it is set to 5.1, all my speakers work. No problem, no echo, but the bass is low and the sound vocal is low.

i may be wrong,but i had a similar problem like you with my 5.1 setup.i put all the jacks in the right holes and selected 5.1 in the realtek setup.when i tried to play a stereo song only front speakers and sub were working.i think you need to enable upmixing in the setup(i have no idea of creative setup) i did that in realtek and all was working well.or you can also use mpc-hc for that.i am using that at the moment.2 channels dont normally work with 5.1

Are you playing multichannel audio? Unless you're playing audio that has a center and rear channel feed, you won't hear anything out of those speakers.

i may be wrong,but i had a similar problem like you with my 5.1 setup.i put all the jacks in the right holes and selected 5.1 in the realtek setup.when i tried to play a stereo song only front speakers and sub were working.i think you need to enable upmixing in the setup(i have no idea of creative setup) i did that in realtek and all was working well.or you can also use mpc-hc for that.i am using that at the moment.2 channels dont normally work with 5.1

The main focus is about the sound card sound blaster z.

Realtek does get along with my logitech speakers while it is 5.1. All speakers worked fine. When I turn up the volume it is loud yes but not as loud as what sound blaster z provided for my speakers.

Are you playing multichannel audio? Unless you're playing audio that has a center and rear channel feed, you won't hear anything out of those speakers.

Yes I am playing multichannel audio. I just got in touch with creative tech support by email. He told me that the sound card and the logitch speakers worked fine, but in my ends it doesn't. I explained to him that the center and rear is muted, he said that his center and rear worked fine with the sound card when 5.1 surround is set in the creative control center and 6 CH is set in logitech console center effect. This is the email I got from him.

Dear xShaney,

From your description, I notice that the Creative Sound Blaster Z is working fine without any hardware issue since you mentioned that 'center and rear will work if the effect is either movie or music'.

This also implies that the whole logitech speaker system for the front, rear, center including subwoofer (total of 6 pieces) are getting sound from the sound card when your movie or music is playing.

In other words, I can conclude that the Creative sound card and the logitech speakers are not having any hardware issue.

It is important that we gather as much detailed information as possible so that we can accurately determine the course of action to be taken to resolve the issue.

P.S: We can only support if it is regarding creative hardware failure, installation failure or otherwise use of creative software application failure. If user is trying to use a 3rd party software or application for Creative products, there are limitation to the support we can give. In this case, you have to contact the 3rd party manufacturer for more information and support.
Thank you

With Regards
David
Creative Worldwide Customer Response

I give him more detailed explaining what the problems was and what setting it was set to, there is also an echo in the background when cast was talking in the movie or when the artist was singing. I am waiting for his response back.

Funny, I had a similar problem on Friday, same spearkers, soundcard...sound would not play from front left and right and center speakers in the console test, only rears. I uninstalled the drivers, cleaned with driver cleaner and then rebooted, reinstalled the latest drivers and it's been working fine since then.

Back