So here is my setup: Creative X-Fi Titanium Pro, Logitech Z-2300 speakers, Turtle Beach 5.1 headset (splitters between them to output audio to both), XFX GTX 285, DFI LanParty P45-T2RS mobo, Samsung 206BW monitor, and here's the new addition: Samsung 640 series 32" LCD television connected via DVI-to-HDMI cable. I have the audio out from the TV also spliced into the feed for the speakers.
Pretty much from day one with the new TV I've had issues with loud static, and random (left to right channel) popping sounds coming from the speakers and headphones, so it has to be coming from the sound card. It only seems to happen when I have the TV on as a second monitor.I first noticed it while trying to watch a movie in Windows Media Player on the TV, then it started being prevalent while playing Call of Duty 4 on the 20" monitor with the TV on with my Xfire, Ventrilo, and Firefox open. It seems like the extra duty the GPU is putting out interferes with the sound card or something. I've tried moving them both to a different slot but it didn't make any difference.
Does anyone know of anything else that could be causing this? Maybe a power issue? I've got a 650 watt PSU (Seasonic S12). I'm thinking I might just have to throw in the towel and junk my $130 sound card.... ugh.
p.s. I've also got an issue to where if I leave it in one audio mode (Entertainment or Game) for more than a couple hours the sound goes completely to s*** and I'm forced to switch modes and go back, forcing me to close any and all sound producing applications (iTunes, WMP, Firefox) otherwise they freeze. For example I like to play a playlist in iTunes as I go to sleep, but when I wake up and try to play something its completely garbled and staticky (loud too).
Pretty much from day one with the new TV I've had issues with loud static, and random (left to right channel) popping sounds coming from the speakers and headphones, so it has to be coming from the sound card. It only seems to happen when I have the TV on as a second monitor.I first noticed it while trying to watch a movie in Windows Media Player on the TV, then it started being prevalent while playing Call of Duty 4 on the 20" monitor with the TV on with my Xfire, Ventrilo, and Firefox open. It seems like the extra duty the GPU is putting out interferes with the sound card or something. I've tried moving them both to a different slot but it didn't make any difference.
Does anyone know of anything else that could be causing this? Maybe a power issue? I've got a 650 watt PSU (Seasonic S12). I'm thinking I might just have to throw in the towel and junk my $130 sound card.... ugh.
p.s. I've also got an issue to where if I leave it in one audio mode (Entertainment or Game) for more than a couple hours the sound goes completely to s*** and I'm forced to switch modes and go back, forcing me to close any and all sound producing applications (iTunes, WMP, Firefox) otherwise they freeze. For example I like to play a playlist in iTunes as I go to sleep, but when I wake up and try to play something its completely garbled and staticky (loud too).