Creative Gift Wrapping of the Day

Wrapping gifts is pointless. At least this is fun.
I don't even bother wrapping gifts anymore. I'll send it directly to the person, like via Amazon (if not nearby). Or if I'll go see the person in person, then I'll just put the gift(s) in a gift bag.

But the main reason I said pointless is that the point of wrapping a gift is so that it's a surprise when you open it. But in this case, the person already knows what it is, unless the wrapper purposely is misadvertising and has lumps of coal inside. :D

I'm with beowulf7 on this...it is interesting but I dont really get the point. It is definitely creative but doing it without the dead giveaway would have been cooler imo.

At first I thought this was TWO individual games. Since Portal 2's big change from the first iteration is the ability to play in two-player co-op mode, which requires two full versions of the game - it would make sense to buy two copies (like if this was for two brothers). But after looking closely at the "To: Jake, From: Uncle ..." I think that it is just one copy, box cut in half, with the disc in the wrapped box.

I bought two at a time off Steam for my daughter and I to play when it was released ($80 for the discounted 'deal', about $30 too high IMHO). Ran through it in a couple of hours and had a blast. But the new downloaded content has us boggled. We haven't made it past the 3rd board :mad:

It must suck for the kid if the uncle sawed the case in half. How's he supposed to protect his game disc when it's not in use?

It must suck for the kid if the uncle sawed the case in half. How's he supposed to protect his game disc when it's not in use?

That was the one thing I thought of also. cool, but what about the case now. not unless he had some old case from something else he didn't need, made a copy of the insert and cut that up with the real game actually still being in its case.

That was the one thing I thought of also. cool, but what about the case now. not unless he had some old case from something else he didn't need, made a copy of the insert and cut that up with the real game actually still being in its case.

that is what i want to know if he took the time to get a second copy or if he made a second insert and put it in a green case...

awesome but I wonder if it would have been better to wrap the protruding box/boxes?

If you geniuses would look at the shrink wrap on both of the cases, it's obvious it is two copies. He would have had to cut the disc in half, otherwise.

That and there are holes cut in the box so the full case can fit in the box. If it was cut in half, there would be no portion to fit in the box...

Oh and the thing in the portal doesn't align between the two portals. You can see the top of it in the upper box.

If you geniuses would look at the shrink wrap on both of the cases, it's obvious it is two copies. He would have had to cut the disc in half, otherwise.

That and there are holes cut in the box so the full case can fit in the box. If it was cut in half, there would be no portion to fit in the box...

i dont know....my banSaw does a dam good job cutting things in half withvery fine edges..

I'm pretty sure this was first seen on reddit about 2 days ago.

...oh hey guys, you aren't allowed to enjoy this post...because it was posted somewhere else first. :rolleyes:

Oh crap, you aren't allowed to like ANYTHING I post here because...given the fact that I am linking to it means....(wait for it, wait for it)....it was posted somewhere first. :D

On a related note, I have wrapping (and rapping, for that matter) skillz. :eek: I'd probably do a better job if I took a box and smothered it with tape and newspaper. :D

I can't wrap a gift to save my life, I even fuck up those gift bags with the tissue paper.

What really blew was when I was a little kid, if the gift had paper my mom liked I had to try to open it without tearing it. My mom never got any of that paper, she kept making me try though.

I meant to say I have terrible wrapping skillz - I left out a word in post #27. :eek: Apparently I have horrible PEBCAK skillz, too. :D

What makes anyone think its the game he is giving as the gift? It could be a way to creatively keep someone guessing only to find a 3 pack of socks in the box.

Back