Crazy temperature issues in MSI bios

Canadian

n00b
I just purchased the MSI A75IA-E53 mini-itx FM2 motherboard and almost fried the motherboard while looking around the bios. Here's what happened:
After installing an A10-5700 apu and 8gb of 1866 ram, I went into the bios to make sure the ram was running at the correct speed and make a few adjustments. As I was doing this the bios temperature reading was steadily climbing from about 40 degrees to over 70 degrees. And this was just looking around, not overclocking or anything.
Once I exited the bios and was running windows the temps went back down to the 40 degree range.
I know the ASRock mini itx board has a problem using a lot of power in the bios but I didn't know MSI has a problem there either.
Anyone else have this board and running into this issue?

Hmm, give me the exact steps you were doing so I can try to reproduce the problem.

Hmm, give me the exact steps you were doing so I can try to reproduce the problem.

All you really need to do is sit in the bios and watch the temps go up. You don't even need to be changing any of the settings. That being said, when in Widows, every thing seems okay. I was just really surprised that things got so hot in the bios.

I've left the BIOS running for 10-15 minutes. The CPU is at 51C and the motherboard is at 48C. I think it runs a lot cooler in Windows though so I see your point.

What kind of case, heatsink and fans are you running? How did you apply the thermal compound, if any?

I just ran prime95 for 15-20 minutes. My max temperature was 35 degrees celcius. Room temperature is 67 degrees. When I quit prime95 temperatures dropped to 23 degrees celcius. I am using a program called Core Temp. Is there another program that you guys recommend so I can make sure these results are correct? They seem to be off.

Back