Crashing

ralphie1313

Limp Gawd
Hi, So about 3 days ago while i was on the net i got a pop up from mcaphee and it just kept popping up got rid of it or got it to stop somehow. So now after that what ever it did any games on steam or on my drive and its only games keep crashing on startup i get blue screen for a sec and the computer restarts. I deleted all the games like 3 times and reinstalled, i did it to steam also and still the same thing. I really do not want to reinstall windows!!! any ideas whats going on???? thanks

1717457204888.png

disable auto-restart and get us the error code(google how to)

now you know what to google. seems it could be as simple as svchost crashing.

now you know what to google. seems it could be as simple as svchost crashing.
ok so i ran in command prompt dism which said after it was done, the restore operation completed successfully. As soon as it was done it made me run sfc which said after it was done, did not find any integrity violations.
and i still got same problem ok whats next my master!!! lol

I did the toms hardware but it does not find anything wrong which is always the case with me but still no games are working..

since youre problems started with you ignoring whatever mcafee was trying to tell you, maybe remove that garbage and see how it acts...
and maybe so a scan with something like malwarebyte to be on the safe side.

since youre problems started with you ignoring whatever mcafee was trying to tell you, maybe remove that garbage and see how it acts...
mcafee was just flashing time to update your account which i do not have mcafee.

Oh lol whats malwarebyte? or were do i get it? is it free?

I picked up a cannon printer and i can not install the drivers so what ever got into my system is stopping any drivers from installing i guess thats why even though i keep reinstalling the game the virus is blocking the drivers i need. See i am smart i figured that one out all by myself!!!

since its also possible a driver can cause it, disconnect anything and everything you can. then if its still does it; install malwarebytes, if you can, then reboot to safe mode and do a full scan(hold shift while you click restart).
if you have another drive, you can always do a quick install of windows to test too.
you really need to learn how to troubleshoot....

since its also possible a driver can cause it, disconnect anything and everything you can. then if its still does it; install malwarebytes, if you can, then reboot to safe mode and do a full scan(hold shift while you click restart).
if you have another drive, you can always do a quick install of windows to test too.
you really need to learn how to troubleshoot....
were do i get the malware from to install?

ok so i downloaded it the free trial ran the scans, it did what it had to do but everything is still the same not working

it did what it had to do
Okay, did it find anything? If so, what exactly? Screenshot/logfile?
Did you re-run it after a reboot to make sure it (the baddie) didn't recreate itself?
Did you try running it in safe mode?

Back