Crackdown 3 May Be Delayed Until 2019

rgMekanic

[H]ard|News
In a report from DSOGaming today, sources are saying that the next Microsoft exclusive title, Crackdown 3, may be delayed until 2019. For those who have not been following, Crackdown 3 was announced at E3 2014 as an Xbox One exclusive, and officially revealed at Gamescom 2015 with a 2016 release date. That release date was changed to November 7, 2017 to launch with the Xbox One X. In August 2017 that release date was delayed to Q2/Q3 2018, and now today, we get "2019." You would think that Crackdown is being made by Chris Roberts' at this rate.

Microsoft has not commented yet on these rumours so take them with a grain of salt. Our guess is that the big publisher will reveal more about Crackdown 3 during its E3 2018 conference this Sunday.

thats fine and all but the added complexity will impact gameplay, so this would still be a nice idea untill you see how it performs in a cual multiplayer with ppl playing competitively or abusing exploit, to see if it will make or break the game.

Am I the only person excited for this game?

I loved the original....

Nope, I still play the original. Best co-op superhero game ever made. While these delays make me nervous, it is better than getting a crappy game.

Translation: We thought we were good to go, but then lootboxes started coming under legal fire, so uh, whoops.

I hear a lot of it was the whole full city destruction thing that never really worked, and that they sunk a lot of time in to it. Kind of like when Mass Effect: Andromeda played around with random planets for year before rushing to make what we got. Which is why I am glad Microsoft keeps pushing it back. I don't need more rushed garbage in my life.

I knew the amazing destructibility and open world was too much for current consoles. It's going to get pushed back to xbox 720 :p

Color me surprised, Microsoft Studio's has trouble making games. /s

Am I the only one concerned that a group of 4 people require 12-14 cloud servers alone to support their destruction?! How many servers are they looking at buying/leasing/supporting to support the millions of potential players?!

Translation: We thought we were good to go, but then lootboxes started coming under legal fire, so uh, whoops.

Didn't think about this.If this is the case, good. I don't want that crap. I need to get around to trying the first game, rotting in my backlog, to see if i care about this game.

Am I the only one concerned that a group of 4 people require 12-14 cloud servers alone to support their destruction?! How many servers are they looking at buying/leasing/supporting to support the millions of potential players?!

I couldn't find any real numbers, but from what I remember, Azure servers number in the millions.

The original was shockingly good. Bought it back in the day like a ton of people did, for the Halo Beta Invite. Stuck around for the fun game play.

I wish they would finish the half life 3 engine so they can release this sucker.

I'm super excited for it. But I feel more and more that it is going to end up vaporware.

Smells like PR strategy honestly. Worse to announce that it's canceled now before the E3 blitz, so instead delay the bad PR and preserve console sales until then.

Last edited:
Back