Crackdown 3 May Be Delayed Until 2019

Discussion in 'HardForum Tech News' started by rgMekanic, Jun 7, 2018.

1. rgMekanic

rgMekanic [H]ard|News

In a report from DSOGaming today, sources are saying that the next Microsoft exclusive title, Crackdown 3, may be delayed until 2019. For those who have not been following, Crackdown 3 was announced at E3 2014 as an Xbox One exclusive, and officially revealed at Gamescom 2015 with a 2016 release date. That release date was changed to November 7, 2017 to launch with the Xbox One X. In August 2017 that release date was delayed to Q2/Q3 2018, and now today, we get "2019." You would think that Crackdown is being made by Chris Roberts' at this rate.

Microsoft has not commented yet on these rumours so take them with a grain of salt. Our guess is that the big publisher will reveal more about Crackdown 3 during its E3 2018 conference this Sunday.

2. KazeoHin

KazeoHin [H]ardness Supreme

Am I the only person excited for this game?

I loved the original....

Lifelite likes this.
  3. rgMekanic

rgMekanic [H]ard|News

I'm super excited for it. But I feel more and more that it is going to end up vaporware.

4. alamox

alamox Gawd

thats fine and all but the added complexity will impact gameplay, so this would still be a nice idea untill you see how it performs in a cual multiplayer with ppl playing competitively or abusing exploit, to see if it will make or break the game.

5. vegeta535

vegeta535 2[H]4U

A very small minority very much so. Still has no games.

6. Shmee

Shmee [H]ard|Gawd

Nope, I still play the original. Best co-op superhero game ever made. While these delays make me nervous, it is better than getting a crappy game.

KazeoHin likes this.
  7. tetris42

tetris42 [H]ardness Supreme

Translation: We thought we were good to go, but then lootboxes started coming under legal fire, so uh, whoops.

TripleAgent77, Darunion and rgMekanic like this.
  8. Shmee

Shmee [H]ard|Gawd

I hear a lot of it was the whole full city destruction thing that never really worked, and that they sunk a lot of time in to it. Kind of like when Mass Effect: Andromeda played around with random planets for year before rushing to make what we got. Which is why I am glad Microsoft keeps pushing it back. I don't need more rushed garbage in my life.

9. Lifelite

Lifelite [H]ardness Supreme

I knew the amazing destructibility and open world was too much for current consoles. It's going to get pushed back to xbox 720 :p

10. SighTurtle

SighTurtle [H]ard|Gawd

Not "may be delayed" anymore. New launch date is Feb 2019.

rgMekanic likes this.
  11. Aireoth

Aireoth 2[H]4U

Color me surprised, Microsoft Studio's has trouble making games. /s

12. Patton187

Patton187 Gawd

I believe MS is heading out of the console business.

13. ccmfreak2

ccmfreak2 Limp Gawd

Am I the only one concerned that a group of 4 people require 12-14 cloud servers alone to support their destruction?! How many servers are they looking at buying/leasing/supporting to support the millions of potential players?!

14. TripleAgent77

TripleAgent77 Limp Gawd

Didn't think about this.If this is the case, good. I don't want that crap. I need to get around to trying the first game, rotting in my backlog, to see if i care about this game.

I couldn't find any real numbers, but from what I remember, Azure servers number in the millions.

15. RussianJ

RussianJ [H]Lite

The original was shockingly good. Bought it back in the day like a ton of people did, for the Halo Beta Invite. Stuck around for the fun game play.

16. nightanole

nightanole [H]ard|Gawd

I wish they would finish the half life 3 engine so they can release this sucker.

17. DPI

DPI Nitpick Police

Smells like PR strategy honestly. Worse to announce that it's canceled now before the E3 blitz, so instead delay the bad PR and preserve console sales until then.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2018