• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

CPU usage low?

  • Thread starter Deleted member 12106
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 12106

Guest
One of the boxes I have folding doesn't have the typical 100% cpu usage. Could someone offer up some advice? I did restart the client.

FAH.PNG
 
Mapping NT from 1 to 1

It looks like fah is only using 1 thread. Your system has 8 threads, so you should see "Mapping NT from 8 to 8".

Try added "-smp 8" to the command line when launching fah. This should force the use of 8 threads.
 
Neat. I must have missed that in the how-to.
 
I went back and looked on my shortcut, the others I put the -smp flag but not that machine, this one I did not. Also reconfig'd another box today and have 8 cores dedicated to F@H.

How can I schedule the cores? For example, I have one box that I cannot give 100% usage to. I can give 50% of it to F@H daily, and 80% off hours/weekends.

fah2.JPG
 
I think you pull the NEW work units for 16-core.

Might want to check with tear, grandpa_01, untitledone....
 
I think you pull the NEW work units for 16-core.

Might want to check with tear, grandpa_01, untitledone....

I had thought this would be if I did -bigadv? I am thinking I would leave it on normal WU, or is this not what I would want to do?
 
How can I schedule the cores? For example, I have one box that I cannot give 100% usage to. I can give 50% of it to F@H daily, and 80% off hours/weekends.

I would just stick with 50% all the time. Some WUs do not like a change in thread count mid-calculation.
 
Either that or use 7 threads, that will leave one open for you all the time, then you can use an affinity ap to lock fah to 1-7 leaving 0 open for your use. We used to do this back when GPU and SMP rigs ran hand in hand.
 
Back
Top