CPU slowing down

Sparky

2[H]4U
My processor is speed stepping down to 2.4Ghz from 4.0 on all cores. Temps are up from 85 to now 93-105.
This has been slowly dropping in the last 5 days. Brand new H80i. Could the pump be going out?

yes its definitively throttling due temperatures.

How much time have you using the h80i? it was a early behavior? before or after get the H80i?.

3 weeks use
got RMA approval
one hose hot and the other cool.
Now its at 1.2Ghz, 95c, stock settings.
Hope it lasts 3 days till the end of the SETI competition.
GPU 39c stock cooling

3 weeks use
got RMA approval
one hose hot and the other cool.
Now its at 1.2Ghz, 95c, stock settings.
Hope it lasts 3 days till the end of the SETI competition.
GPU 39c stock cooling

It's broken. Pull the H80i off and at least put on a stock cooler.

Yeah dude, watercooling without a working pump is pointless, put the stock cooler back on and run it at stock settings.

This is why I always recommend a standard air cooler (unless you're space-constrained) - it's one less thing to worry about. I don't fucking comprehend why people feel the insane need to have closed-loop water coolers, unless they LIKE having more issues to deal with?

Last edited:
Yeah dude, watercooling without a working pump is pointless, put the stock cooler back on and run it at stock settings.

This is why I always recommend a standard air cooler (unless you're space-constrained) - it's one less thing to worry about. I don't fucking comprehend why people feel the insane need to have closed-loop water coolers, unless they LIKE having more issues to deal with?

I have the Noctua NH-D14 (which I have had for years) in my system while my wife's system has a Corsair H100i.

Got the H100i for a really good price since it was sold as a refurb. Haven't had any issues with it in the year or so I have had it other than having to install the software in order to have it control the fan speed properly.

When the fans start getting louder I know it is time to take it out and blow the dust out. It is super quiet all the other time though.

If I needed to buy a new cooler for my system and had a case that it would work in, I would probably go with a water cooling setup. They have come a long way since I last really messed with water cooling about 15 years ago.

I have the Noctua NH-D14 (which I have had for years) in my system while my wife's system has a Corsair H100i.

Got the H100i for a really good price since it was sold as a refurb. Haven't had any issues with it in the year or so I have had it other than having to install the software in order to have it control the fan speed properly.

When the fans start getting louder I know it is time to take it out and blow the dust out. It is super quiet all the other time though.

If I needed to buy a new cooler for my system and had a case that it would work in, I would probably go with a water cooling setup. They have come a long way since I last really messed with water cooling about 15 years ago.

Dude, what part of "one less moving part" and "no water leaks" do you not understand?

I understand that you haven't had a problem with yours, but I can point you to dozens of people on these forums that have. Why add that level of complexity for no real gain?

Dude, what part of "one less moving part" and "no water leaks" do you not understand?

I understand that you haven't had a problem with yours, but I can point you to dozens of people on these forums that have. Why add that level of complexity for no real gain?

Because if I am wanting to work inside the computer there is a lot less stuff in the way when using a water block than a huge finned heatpipe cooler.

As it is now, it is pretty much impossible to take out a video card in the first PCIe slot without either removing the CPU heatsink or using a screwdriver to release the PCIe slot lock.

Messing with RAM with a huge heatsink is a pain as well.

I also woudn't have heat from the CPU cooler heating up the back of the video card in the first PCIe slot.

That being said, I am not planning on doing it any time soon. The closed loop systems do not really cool any better than my current cooler and my case won't work with a water cooler anyway.

Back