• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

CPU Multiplier locked at 43?

threnk

n00b
Joined
Feb 10, 2016
Messages
3
Hi All -

In short, I have a i5-2500K that I've successfully overlocked to 4.3GHz, however I'd like to try to get it to 4.5.

When I go into BIOS and increase the multiplier to 45, it successfuly POSTs, and boots into windows, but then I check with CPUZ and lo and behold its still at 4.3ghz. I also tried at 4.4ghz and 4.6 ghz...same deal, everything came out with a multiplier of 43.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
 
im a few generations behind you..some i just guessing...but maybe 45 is turbo multi only?
 
I know on the GM-H97-D3H you have to change the multiplier in a few places. Check your BIOS
 
I am running 2500k at 4.5Ghz and I have mine set at multiplier 45, core 1.35v, load step 7 to ensure I would get voltage. With the stepping it sets me at about 1.4v
 
im a few generations behind you..some i just guessing...but maybe 45 is turbo multi only?
Nah that was only a thing on the non-unlocked X58 cpu's, like yours. K series should be fully unlocked, to much higher than 43 at least, 50 or 60 something.
 
Make sure to disable the turbo so it runs at what you set the multiplier, and change your load stepping up to 6 or 7 to get proper voltage to the VCORE.
 
I am running 2500k at 4.5Ghz and I have mine set at multiplier 45, core 1.35v, load step 7 to ensure I would get voltage. With the stepping it sets me at about 1.4v

Seems high. I got my previous 2600K to that overclock on air with a bit less voltage and hyperthreading enabled. Unless that's a bad draw, you should be able to hit 1.3.
 
Ok, thanks all for the tips. Finally booted it with a mutiplier of 45x, core 1.355v

BUT, now my idle core temps are hovering around 50c. Does that seem REALLY high to anyone else? (I don't have the stock HSF)
 
Last edited:
Back
Top