• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

CPU Has Been Changed Or Overclock Failed???

UberNewb

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jun 14, 2003
Messages
234
OK... I just powered my machine up this morning... and my BIOS told me "CPU Has Been Changed Or Overclock Failed"

The CPU hasn't been changed, and I'm not overclocking anything.

The machine has been off for about 8 hours.

I went into the BIOS, nothing was changed, I saved it, and the machine booted normally.

WTF is going on with this thing?
 
did it happen just once? or does it happen often?
if it just happened once, don't worry about it, unless it starts doing it all the time. it sounds like one of those weird once in a while occuring problems. i wouldn't worry about it too much unless it starts happening all the time.
 
It happened several times in the past... then it stopped for a few days.

Should I RMA this board?
 
Before I RMA it I want to see if Epox has any ideas... I sent them an email to their support department to give them a chance to sort this out.

If they can't, I'll RMA the sucker Monday :(
 
Originally posted by UberNewb
Before I RMA it I want to see if Epox has any ideas... I sent them an email to their support department to give them a chance to sort this out.

If they can't, I'll RMA the sucker Monday :(
Yea, sounds to me like if this happens more then once (like the others said) you should RMA it. Did you change ANY setting before it started doing this?
 
First, make sure the system is shutting down properly. Sometimes, a bad shutdown could cause this. Do a virus scan to see if your system is clean or not. There are viruses that fool with the BIOS and could cause this. The last thing I can think of is replace the CMOS battery. It could be weak or getting weak and causing this trouble. Check these things before you go through the hassle, time and expense of a motherboard RMA.
 
Back
Top