• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

CPU Fan Suggestions Please

MrHood22

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Aug 21, 2007
Messages
4,312
I'm looking for a CPU cooler for my e2180 OCed. Right now it's at 3.1ghz on stock cooling (30c idle, ~70-75c max which is way to much for my taste).

I had an xigmatek and I wasn't really a fan of it since it was so fucking big. It was hard as hell to install as well. That thing could cool like a beast though, 19c idle, 47c max. Unforuntately one of the push pins broke off. I bend the pins all the time, i'm used to my AM2 sockets. I'm considering getting it again but if there is something easier to install i'd prefer that. I also had an Artic Cooler Freezer 7 which was sooooooo noisy.

The stock is easy to install but it seems my other 2 after market ones were harder and that sorta turned me off of them. I'd also like it to be pretty silent if possible.
 
Why don't you just get the $5 bolt-through kit for your Xigmatek? It replaces the push-pin system so you won't have to worry about the broken pin, and it's much more secure as well.
 
Why don't you just get the $5 bolt-through kit for your Xigmatek? It replaces the push-pin system so you won't have to worry about the broken pin, and it's much more secure as well.

+1 to this idea. You already have the Xigmatek HSF on hand. Might as well just reuse it with the simple bolt-through kit.
 
where's the cheapest place to get one of these kits.

And btw, I already RMAed it for a refund so I don't have it.
 
Back
Top