Cowboy’s Giant Screen Sets World Record

HardOCP News

[H] News
The punt-blocking giant screen TV in the top of the Cowboy’s football stadium has set the record for the world’s largest video display. World record holder or not, all I want to do is play video games on it like this guy did.

The world's first four-sided, center-hung, high-definition video display in a stadium consists of four Diamond Vision(R) LED video screens, with the two main sideline displays measuring 72 feet high by 160 feet wide, and two Diamond Vision(R) end-zone displays measuring 29 feet high by 51 feet wide. Weighing 600 tons, the screens are suspended 90 feet directly over the center of the playing surface and stretch from nearly one 20-yard line to the other.

I wonder how Blu-ray would look on that screen ;-)

A screen like that is just CRIMINAL... like many of the Cowboys in the '90s!

wish the video of them playing was better.. you can't really grasp the size and quality when filming through that rig and no sound hooked up? Too bad they couldnt get up in the seats to film it

Really, from how far you sit away from it, it's no better than sitting 14ft from a 60" Plasma or LCD at home. And most home audio systems sound way better than the arena sound (for quality atleast).

Been talking with my co-workers have been talking about this. I am sure the cowboys kicker is going to learn how to work with the big screens being there, while visitors are going to eat it. Seems like itl be a nice home advantage when the cowboys kicker gets the hang of it.

You mean learn how to aim?

It'll probably be raised in the off-season. There isn't really an advantage or disadvantage. If you hit it, it's a do-over.

You mean learn how to aim?

It'll probably be raised in the off-season. There isn't really an advantage or disadvantage. If you hit it, it's a do-over.

Your right, I did some reading on it, if the ball hits the screen its a re-do.

This is why I would love Jerry Jones as an owner if Cowboys were my team. In the ESPN interview he said the panel cost him 20 million. Spares no expense. That entire stadium is state of the art.

This is why I would love Jerry Jones as an owner if Cowboys were my team. In the ESPN interview he said the panel cost him 20 million. Spares no expense. That entire stadium is state of the art.

The screen(s) cost $40 Million

The entire old Texas stadium cost $35 Million

Been talking with my co-workers have been talking about this. I am sure the cowboys kicker is going to learn how to work with the big screens being there, while visitors are going to eat it. Seems like itl be a nice home advantage when the cowboys kicker gets the hang of it.

I know someone already mentioned that it's a re-do if the ball hits the board, but according to Mat McBriar, Dallas' punter who can really kick the ball, unless you are trying to hit the board, it will be pretty tough to hit it with a punt that follows the needs of the team that is punting at the time. The guy from the Titans that hit it was definitely going more for hitting the screen than trying to punt for quality. Maybe we'll see it get hit tonight though, who knows.

While that screen is badass, I don't like where it's placed in that stadium for the purpose of football. You're basically saying "ok nose bleeds you can watch the game on TV.... but still pay us the outrageous ticket prices"

While that screen is badass, I don't like where it's placed in that stadium for the purpose of football. You're basically saying "ok nose bleeds you can watch the game on TV.... but still pay us the outrageous ticket prices"
Silly way to look at it. They get to buy the tickets they can afford and actually see the game now.

I can just imagine flipping on the tv one day and seeing a news alert for giant disaster at sports stadium kills players.

Back