Counter Strike: Global Offensive

Hopefully they don't "over hype" it like that was. I know it's eSports but still. There is no need for the pretend drama.

Fuck I wish I was still young and didn't have a real job and could practice 24/7.

CS IS COOL? NOW? WTF?! :mad:

There has been a numerous amount of problem(s) since the last few CS GO updates. (Severe fps drop for some users since the new animation pack and VAC authentication error).

Fuck I wish I was still young and didn't have a real job and could practice 24/7.

CS IS COOL? NOW? WTF?! :mad:

I'm with you. Not sure what you consider young these days but I just play a few hours a week for some fun and anger management. :) I think I have more fun playing with the configs and server admin then playing the game.

There has been a numerous amount of problem(s) since the last few CS GO updates. (Severe fps drop for some users since the new animation pack and VAC authentication error).

I don't think I've run into the the VAC auth issue but the FPS drops your talking about, that isn't the workaround that has been out a while is it? adding -processheap to launch options.

I can't get out of LE to LEM, keep getting grouped with dickheads, either deranking/trolling/afk or leaves after 2 rounds into the game.

I cant get out of MGE,i played all weekend and only won a few games. Always seemed to get matched up with the people that dont have mics and dont listen to calls.

This seems to be common now. I think after the vac flood, a lot of gaps were placed in the higher ranks. I've been playing more cevo and esea lately because of it.

This seems to be common now. I think after the vac flood, a lot of gaps were placed in the higher ranks. I've been playing more cevo and esea lately because of it.

As common as this sounds, i know i should be in a higher rank like at least LE but i feel like i am always getting screwed by my solo q teamates. The other day i aced the team a few times and we still lost because my team could not hold a site down.

As common as this sounds, i know i should be in a higher rank like at least LE but i feel like i am always getting screwed by my solo q teamates. The other day i aced the team a few times and we still lost because my team could not hold a site down.

I've been carrying for most of the games I've played, yet stuck in le because of the teams I get. I just gave up on true my caring About my rank. Funny thing is I will never queue with silvers and novas anymore. Talk about a train wreck. I try to help and suggest to them how they should play, and they are like we need to rush this site. I'm like, silver days are over you and we need to establish control of these areas and not push into a site right off the bat. They took do not push a site as in stay at t stairs on inferno. Enemy team would push up banana, then apps, then we had no control. Mean while I am trying to establish car control with no one behind me to capitalize on the damage I did. Sigh.

I've been carrying for most of the games I've played, yet stuck in le because of the teams I get. I just gave up on true my caring About my rank. Funny thing is I will never queue with silvers and novas anymore. Talk about a train wreck. I try to help and suggest to them how they should play, and they are like we need to rush this site. I'm like, silver days are over you and we need to establish control of these areas and not push into a site right off the bat. They took do not push a site as in stay at t stairs on inferno. Enemy team would push up banana, then apps, then we had no control. Mean while I am trying to establish car control with no one behind me to capitalize on the damage I did. Sigh.

i stopped caring a long long time ago as well ... there's no point in being upset... even though with this new ban wave... i still notice a few fresh accounts in some of my games with no rank and only csgo in as their only game.... some people never learn

I cant get out of MGE,i played all weekend and only won a few games. Always seemed to get matched up with the people that dont have mics and dont listen to calls.

I experienced the same thing all weekend man, seems like i was playing with a bunch of MGE's who didn't care, and wanted to de-rank or something. No mics, just complained the whole time about how everyone else on the team was garbage while they were 4th or bottom frag, just plain frustrating.

Hardly ever had a problem a month or two ago with this now every 5th game I'll get people who actually want to play.

How does it work if you queue with one friend? Do you play other teams that are 'partied', with anywhere from 2-5 friends?

How does it work if you queue with one friend? Do you play other teams that are 'partied', with anywhere from 2-5 friends?

Queue with friends will put you on the same team. If there is a large skill gap between friends, you have to have five to queue.

jees, all this is so confusing now. What happened to the simplicity of games?

jees, all this is so confusing now. What happened to the simplicity of games?

Nothing confusing about the game, they just don't want some one soloing with 1 GE and 3 silvers. Not fair for them if they end up playing against 4 GE's.

Nothing confusing about the game, they just don't want some one soloing with 1 GE and 3 silvers. Not fair for them if they end up playing against 4 GE's.

Ha, seen this one happen when the ranking system was first introduced. Unranked, silver elite and a ge vs smfc on other team.

I don't check this often enough. Got too much going on lately but I'm about to do some ESEA pugs. I'm in California if anyone wants to join me.

username on esea: bizzmeister

I remember being 15 and playing in CAL-IM i thought i was hot shit lol

Hah, fun thread to read.

[old man voice] I started with CS shortly after beta 1 was released in the summer of 1999, back in the days when gooseman and cliffe were on irc chatting about the game development. I played steadily until around 2006 including league play although I never made it past CAL-M other than a few CAL-P matches. Stopped playing when TF2 came out and then moved onto Battlefield when Bad Company 2 came out.

Started playing CS:GO in spring 2014 and worked up to MGE. Slowly lost interest around February this year as I found I was ending up frustrated more often than not unless I was able to play with at least 2 other friends on my team. It wasn't an effective way to relax after work so I moved back to BF4 and single player games. Kinda tempted to fire it up this weekend although I will have lost my rank for inactivity.

/coolstorybro

Hah, fun thread to read.

[old man voice] I started with CS shortly after beta 1 was released in the summer of 1999, back in the days when gooseman and cliffe were on irc chatting about the game development. I played steadily until around 2006 including league play although I never made it past CAL-M other than a few CAL-P matches. Stopped playing when TF2 came out and then moved onto Battlefield when Bad Company 2 came out.

Started playing CS:GO in spring 2014 and worked up to MGE. Slowly lost interest around February this year as I found I was ending up frustrated more often than not unless I was able to play with at least 2 other friends on my team. It wasn't an effective way to relax after work so I moved back to BF4 and single player games. Kinda tempted to fire it up this weekend although I will have lost my rank for inactivity.

/coolstorybro

The hit box fix is great, but there are still some problems. I gave up competitive play many years ago. Just not fun. Firing up some matchmaking can be fun but the team can be difficult lol. If you like coop stuff you can try Insurgency. Not perfect but improving.

GO is still fun and much better since they fixed some issues. I miss the old AR though.

Hah, fun thread to read.

/coolstorybro
The problem for me with counter strike is that other games are not counter strike. I love the smaller competitive nature of the game with the huge amount of thinking that is involved with the game.

Did you happen to see what the ping of the opponent was? Looked like he had a wooden computer and dial up O_O.
This shouldn't be a symptom of lag. My fps drops to single digits and my sound is affected for a split second.

Lag will effect the fps of a game. Also you might want to look at unparking your cores. Could also be an issue of packet loss. Wifi or ethernet? I am running a power line adaptor on mine. Had to powercycle it once because of the issues.

Lag will effect the fps of a game. Also you might want to look at unparking your cores. Could also be an issue of packet loss. Wifi or ethernet? I am running a power line adaptor on mine. Had to powercycle it once because of the issues.
I'm running a wired connection with a 100 mbit connection. I have tried unparking cores back when i was on windows 7; it did nothing. If you look on the bottom right of my screen you can see some stats, there is no packet loss or choke going on.

I'm running a wired connection with a 100 mbit connection. I have tried unparking cores back when i was on windows 7; it did nothing. If you look on the bottom right of my screen you can see some stats, there is no packet loss or choke going on.

cap your fps using riva tuner, the stuttering could be from microstutters. Make sure power manage mode is set to full if using Nvidia. Check bios settings for power limiting features etc.

I made a post about this a long time ago, but it went ignored here. I have been having stuttering issues for awhile in this game. I finally got around to making a video showing it (shadowplay).

https://youtu.be/y2yFV9-g6Jo

Does it happen in anything other than CS? What kind of security do you have running? It looks like an issue on your end to me. Like windows was trying to fetch something and got horked up for a second.

Does it happen in anything other than CS? What kind of security do you have running? It looks like an issue on your end to me. Like windows was trying to fetch something and got horked up for a second.
It only happens in CS. I have a pretty large library of games too which include other source engine games like tf2 and left for dead 2.

I use panda free anti virus, but this also happened with windows security essentials and also with the cs folder excluded and with anti virus off.

I found out the lag stuttering I was getting was because I was using an old version of Vibrance for CS GO which didn't support the patch after the new animation pack was released. I disabled Vibrance so no massive fps stuttering and drops. Make sure you don't have 3rd party OC and monitoring tools open like Afterburner or Rivatuner and etc, new CS GO updates can break compatibility and cause fps and lag problems.

Good Luck.

Back