Count down to R520

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look I can get in a lot of shit for this and most likely be banned from the Forums but I will post the new Benchmarks for the X1800 right now.
Thats right I even went further into the future to get the new crossfire. shhhhhhhh.

-----------------FutureMark05-----------------------------------
X1800 X-Fire- ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
7800GTX SLI- ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
X1800 --------- ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
7800GTX------ ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
6800U SLI ---- ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
7800GT ------- ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
X850XT-PE -- ]]]]]]]]]]]]]
6800U -------- ]]]]]]]]
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now don't tell the mods I showed you this...
 
^

LOL!
You have a buddy in taiwan too huh?
:p

I'll probably buy the x1800 just so i can play BF2 @ 1600x1200x4aax16x AF without dropping below 30 fps in a 64 person server. POS x850xt can get laggy at times.
 
Karaya1 said:
^

LOL!
You have a buddy in taiwan too huh?

yeah, like every other person on the planet :D - hey, but seriously, THIS guy REALLY knows someone who knows someone who said r520 kicks ass. No, really!


...If all these 'guys who work at ATI' really existed they had more workers than Canada has inhabitants... :eek:
 
haha...

how much would u like the r520 to (realistically) beat the gtx to consider it 'worth buying'?
 
the r520 is $599+initial price gouging+limited availability, about $140 more than the GTX's out right now... so im guessing it will have to have a HUGE performance boost that makes GTX look like last gen. Well, if they intend to sell the card at all...
 
Are you saying Nvidia has never paper launched a product?

Shh dont let the Nvidia Fans hear you! They have short memories. Jeez ATi Does it recently and boom! It becomes "ATi only does Paper Launches!". Cross fire is a massive Paper Launch but the X800XTPE wasnt. It was not widely available but it was their for people to buy. The 7800GTX is a great great Hardlaunch and while I do wish most launches were like that you cant always have the best of both worlds. Oh yeah the 6800U PCIe was hard to find at MSRP for a long time too but people forgot that as well.
I just hope its at least as fast as the 7800GTX. Since the R520 will have all those cool 2D and Multi Monitory Options along with SM3.0 and HDR (Full HDR) Support.
 
Not to be a retard (I'm taking Physics and gone of this stuff) but maybe the v stands for victory? I dunno. :confused:
 
Even if the R520 is twice as fast as the 7800GTX, nobody will know the difference. I mean, reveiwers had to push today's most demanding games to 2048x1536 with max AF and AA to even get flutter out of the 7800GTX, so how will we ever know if the R520 is better until some decent new games come out?
 
GVX said:
Even if the R520 is twice as fast as the 7800GTX, nobody will know the difference. I mean, reveiwers had to push today's most demanding games to 2048x1536 with max AF and AA to even get flutter out of the 7800GTX, so how will we ever know if the R520 is better until some decent new games come out?


what the heck do you read? Enable HDR in a game that support its, or try FEAR with full settings at high resolutions. Not to mention the plethora of titles coming out in the future that will obviously help.


I dont understand your logic, if its twice as fast, its going to last a hell of a lot longer until you start having to reduce settings. If its twice as fast, you'll have 0 reason to buy a GTX unless its in a bargain bin. I'd like to say 20% but even that is hugely generous. Theres plenty of ways to bottleneck a GTX, and theres games that will do that. More performance is always better.
 
Shifra said:
what the heck do you read? Enable HDR in a game that support its, or try FEAR with full settings at high resolutions. Not to mention the plethora of titles coming out in the future that will obviously help.
This time two years ago, the high end 9800XT was playing Halo (at the time one of the most demanding games available) at 1024x768 with no AA/AF (and that was considered top end). Today, we're quadrupling that resolution and video card companies are having to pull things like 16xAA and HDR out of their ass to keep giving people reasons to buy their new hardware. Face it, games are not keeping up with the hardware.

http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=2494&p=4

Just look at this Anandtech review. I'm seeing all cards scoring within a couple fps of each other and all the games are basically maxed at their highest resolution (heck, Doom3 doesn't even officially support the resolution it's being tested at in that article).

Also, as far as I've heard, a 7800GTX will own in FEAR as well.
 
that doesnt make the statement "if its twice as fast it wont matter" any more correct. How do you think Unreal 3 is going to treat it. Soft shadows and HDR are not things "out of their ass" HDR is as old as the 9700 when GPUs started to support it, and its still unplayable at high res, even 1280 is a serious tax. Farcry taxed X800s and 6800s alike even before HDR, same with Doom 3 and Riddick. Games like FEAR, Quake 4 and UT2007 will do it again this year and early next year (im sure im missing some).

Both ATI and Nvidia need to have things like HDR because as soon as Vista launches theres going to be a standard list of things in the DXAPI that both companies are going to have to meet, and there will be very little in terms of what they can do to Direct X to make their cards superior.

Likewise i do not see a 500 dollar card doing well in most circumstances meaning games are playing catch up. These are enthusiast cards at enthusiast prices. Most people use graphics cards for years. The majority of people that game do not update yearly. The only way in hell you can say games are trying to catch up is when there is no difference between a low end card compared to the high end from either company because both perform so well under stress. THEN games will be playing catch up.
 
countdown for release is also countdown for upgrading my puter, ive been waiting so long for the r520 to come out, now the only problem is that im going to have to wait for crossfire boards to come out so I can run 2 of em, assuming they're better than nvidia's solution :confused:
 
Majin said:
Look I can get in a lot of shit for this and most likely be banned from the Forums but I will post the new Benchmarks for the X1800 right now.
Thats right I even went further into the future to get the new crossfire. shhhhhhhh.

-----------------FutureMark05-----------------------------------
X1800 X-Fire- ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
7800GTX SLI- ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
X1800 --------- ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
7800GTX------ ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
6800U SLI ---- ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
7800GT ------- ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
X850XT-PE -- ]]]]]]]]]]]]]
6800U -------- ]]]]]]]]
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now don't tell the mods I showed you this...

Hmmm that screenie Looks legit.

I wonder what Nvidia's next move will be?
 
Shifra said:
that doesnt make the statement "if its twice as fast it wont matter" any more correct. How do you think Unreal 3 is going to treat it. Soft shadows and HDR are not things "out of their ass" HDR is as old as the 9700 when GPUs started to support it, and its still unplayable at high res, even 1280 is a serious tax. Farcry taxed X800s and 6800s alike even before HDR, same with Doom 3 and Riddick. Games like FEAR, Quake 4 and UT2007 will do it again this year and early next year (im sure im missing some).
Wow, is 2k7 coming out that soon! That's awsome, I've been looking forward to this game forever but I thought that it was gonna be late next year before we actually saw it.

Anyways, I understand your position. I also look forward to the next generation of demanding games (and I'm sure once the new consoles come out, there will be plenty of ported games that will easily tax the current gen of video cards).

At this moment in time, though, I have to stand by my opinion. Game producers just haven't done anything in the last 14 months (since Doom 3) to show me that they're serious about keeping up with technology. ATI and Nvidia, however, are doing a great job pushing technology and I'm sure that we'll see the gap in performance between the current generation and last generation grow once they are some games around that can push these cards.
 
GVX said:
At this moment in time, though, I have to stand by my opinion. Game producers just haven't done anything in the last 14 months (since Doom 3) to show me that they're serious about keeping up with technology. ATI and Nvidia, however, are doing a great job pushing technology and I'm sure that we'll see the gap in performance between the current generation and last generation grow once they are some games around that can push these cards.
It's not that the game companies aren't keeping up with the hardware. We are playing games that far surpass the Pac Man era. It takes years to write a game nowadays.

For titles that have recently come out like HL2, Far Cry, Doom 3, Splinter Cell: CT, etc, they have the capability to utilize all or most of the technology that todays graphics cards support (SM3, HDR, Soft Shadows, etc etc etc). Which means that the game developers are, in a sense, ahead of the hardware - because they started developing these games years ago and we are just now seeing the high stress they place on todays hardware.

CryTek has a little movie floating around the net that shows the CryEngine with DX10 features. DX10 isn't even finalized yet. Heck, the SDK probably isn't even early beta yet. And there is no existing DX10 compliant hardware to be found. Which means if they are emulating DX10 features on a DX9 platform, then all I can say is "wow!".....

If you want to see what new hardware is capable of the day it's launched, then visit the gpu chip manufacturers site. They have lots of little demos to show off their new hardware's capabilities. Little demos that utilize todays gpu tech can be made a lot quicker than a full game that does the same.
 
GVX said:
At this moment in time, though, I have to stand by my opinion. Game producers just haven't done anything in the last 14 months (since Doom 3) to show me that they're serious about keeping up with technology. ATI and Nvidia, however, are doing a great job pushing technology and I'm sure that we'll see the gap in performance between the current generation and last generation grow once they are some games around that can push these cards.


When was the last time you pushed your res to 1600 x 1200 and bumped all the nice AA and AF, Triliniar, ect, ect.. to full and just walked around in Half Life 2.

That game is an example where the new cards are doing it right. With full everything, that game is just fucking awesome to look at. That's why ATI and nVidia are focusing on features like MSAA, TSAA, HDR... Because now we have a generation of cards with some real power behind them, enough power to allow you to enjoy full effects and a huge res and still get 60 FPS in a fire fight. Things like this were not possible to this level even last gen (X8XX, 68XX).

I say bring on the X1800 and Crossfire, I will gladly buy them, cause I know that I will have a set up that will allow me to enjoy superior GFX for over a year.
 
PRIME1 said:
They will keep making cards you can actually buy. :p

Did your contact in the Nvidia PR department tell you that ATI's cards aren't gonna be available unlike Nvidia's, or are you pulling this crap out of your rear.

Really, we'd all like to know. :rolleyes:
 
ok. you have $500 in your pocket and you want to buy a card today.
(according to todays pricewatch)
evga 7800gtx dual dvi vivo $468 shipped

powercolor x850xt pe dual dvi vivo $449 shipped

which do you buy?


very truly yours,
politenessman

number 1,all cpus below 3000, all gpus, all drivers, all os's
http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm05=1246973
 
Come on, you damn well know that PRIME was implying that the X1800 will not be available in any significant quantity. For which he has not even a shred of evidence. I'm not saying that this is 100% NON VAPORWARE RELEASE by ATI, but untill we know, no reason to spew fud. Anyways I'm sure if ATI fucks this up, there will be many threads pointing this out. Mainly containing posts by PRIME, empty, and Tran lolling their way through page upon page of useless drivel.
 
perp said:
ok. you have $500 in your pocket and you want to buy a card today.
(according to todays pricewatch)
evga 7800gtx dual dvi vivo $468 shipped

powercolor x850xt pe dual dvi vivo $449 shipped

which do you buy?


very truly yours,
politenessman

number 1,all cpus below 3000, all gpus, all drivers, all os's
http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm05=1246973


you have 500 dollars in your pocket and you want to buy a card today

X850XT for 365.99 shipped
or an FX5900 Ultra for 365 shipped


ROFLWOFFLE NVIDIA SUX! SEE!!111!
 
Shifra said:
X850XT for 365.99 shipped
or an FX5900 Ultra for 365 shipped
Ever heard of the 7800GT over there in Super-Happy ATi Zealot-Land?? :p

$351.
 
Shifra said:
you have 500 dollars in your pocket and you want to buy a card today

X850XT for 365.99 shipped
or an FX5900 Ultra for 365 shipped


ROFLWOFFLE NVIDIA SUX! SEE!!111!

i guess i could probably find a voodoo3 or 4 for $350 if i looked, but that was not the point. dont get all defensive, complex-boy. if a guy wants or needs a video card today, he just bought bf2 and his 9800 pro isnt holding up, he walks (virtually) into an on line store, sees the 2 top brands of video cards, wants to buy the top card of the top brand, which does he buy? your assumption that i meant ati is inferior is very telling.

very truly yours,
politenessman

number 1 all cpus 3000 and under, all gpus, all drivers, all os's
http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm05=1246973
 
no its that you think price has anything to do with performance. The 7800 is this year, X850 is last year. So why insist on comparing them at a price point? And why the PE model when the XT is about the same performance and quite a bit cheaper? Its a bias ploy to imply that ATI would be ripping you off when its not the case. Cards hold value and always will due to manufacturing costs.

If you want to compare something do it at the end of next week. Or compare different versions of 7800GTX's anything else is like exactly what i said, would you compare an X850XT and 5900U because prices are simuliar? Would be exceptionally stupid.
 
no i am comparing because they are both the top of the line cards from the top of the line vid card manufacturersand they have been for several months.. this makes them same generation no matter what the marketing department claims. ok say the guy walked in the store with $1000. would he buy 2 850xt pe or 2 7800 gtx? say he walked in with $350. would he buy an 850xt or a 7800gt? besides, next week that $500 is not going to get you anything better than the 2 previously mentioned cards anyway, is it?

very truly yours,
politenessman
 
Shifra said:
cards arent in the same league performance wise, you cannot compare them
I have to butt in this conversation, because I hate !!!!!!s and idiots. You are right their peformance is not the same, but what he is talking about it is that the x850 with WORSE performance is MORE EXPENSIVE then the 7800GTX with MORE PEFORMANCE. Stop arguing and agree that the customer would buy the 7800GTX.
 
Shifra said:
cards arent in the same league performance wise, you cannot compare them

There are many ways to compare performance; performance on x benchmark, performance/watt, performance/dollar. These are all valid and useful ways to compare cards, most appropriately when comparing flagship cards. That today, it does not cast ATI in a favorable light should not be a surprise.
Next MONTH when ATI releases it's new flagship card, the same comparisons will still be valid. No one knows what the result of those comparisons will be other than some reviewers who may have hardware + gag order. I certainly hope that they compare the X1k to the 7800gtx, regardless of what league either card ends up in- in your opinion. ;)
 
Heh. This ATI gen is going to be called be it's core name, and not the offical name. At least it's shorter.
 
ivzk said:
Did your contact in the Nvidia PR department tell you that ATI's cards aren't gonna be available unlike Nvidia's, or are you pulling this crap out of your rear.

Really, we'd all like to know. :rolleyes:
Nope I checked Newegg's site for a X1800 and found nothing. So then I looked for a Crossfire setup and still nothing. So I checked your post for anger and it was in stock, yet there was no relevant information in stock.
 
Obi_Kwiet said:
Heh. This ATI gen is going to be called be it's core name, and not the offical name. At least it's shorter.
I was using G70 for a while, and I still prefer "XboX2" over 360.
 
Obi_Kwiet said:
Heh. This ATI gen is going to be called be it's core name, and not the offical name. At least it's shorter.
ATi
R520


Dude wtf, ATi is shorter, omfg what kind of jihad crack u smokin??? :confused: :confused: :confused:


=----------------------------=
edit:

omg what kind of jihad crack am I smokin! didn't notice the "gen" :-D
 
whoami said:
ATi
R520


Dude wtf, ATi is shorter, omfg what kind of jihad crack u smokin??? :confused: :confused: :confused:



=----------------------------=
edit:

omg what kind of jihad crack am I smokin! didn't notice the "gen" :-D

He ment r520 instead of X1800...... ;)

edit: U figured it out....
 
PRIME1 said:
Nope I checked Newegg's site for a X1800 and found nothing. So then I looked for a Crossfire setup and still nothing. So I checked your post for anger and it was in stock, yet there was not relevant information in stock.

nice. facts also backordered.


very truly yours,
politenessman
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top