CostCo or electronics- warranties good? Second rate Quality issues?

iansilv

Limp Gawd
Hi- I am shopping for a camera for my wife, and was looking at a bundle CostCo has for the eos T1i- I heard bad things about buying high end electronics through Costco though. is there anything i should be worried about? Anyone know anything about buying electronics through Costco? Thank you.

their warranties arent that great.. but its a whole sale company so theres nothing really outragously bad about their warranties.. its just how it works when buying whole sale.. if you want extended warranties through the actually store you buy from then your probably going to want to look else where or look and see if the manufacture has their own separate warranty..

I think Costco is awesome. Great return policy, and the warranties are the same aren't they?

My roommate works at Costco as a senior buyer and has the business centers in Washington - in Lynwood & Fife as responsibilities and tells me that most of the computers sold from there might have only been opened, never used and returned because someone got them as a present and did not want or never used it. You get an average 30% off retail vs the unopened price that Costco would sell them for. They have been examined, recertified in excellent condition, re-imaged operating system and if you don’t like it you can return it. I think the return time has been reduced to within 30 days – no questions asked, after that it’s under the manufacturers warranty just like any other computer.

I have one I got from them years ago, my roommate has a laptop, my neighbor just got one – all from the Costco Business Centers used, they look brand new when we got them and work just fine.

I think it’s a great deal and I have the inside knowledge since my roommate is responsible for the 2 business centers along with other things he does at Costco.

Costco has some really great deals (HP Slimlines at extremely good prices - even Quadcore slimlines :eek: [remember, this was 2007]).

But every so often, you will see a cheap Gateway with silly orange lining and an 8500gt being passed off as a "$999 Gaming Rigg."

Back