Corsair Vengeance K60 $67.27 (MIR) @ Fry's

For that price it might be worth a shot. FYI just the WASD and a couple others are mechanical. not all of the keys are mechanical sadly :(

That's not very accurate, every key around WASD is also mechanical, the "only" membrane dome keys are the F keys and Home, Page Up/Down, End, Delete, and Insert.

It's a great price on a mechanical keyboard with only one glaring flaw imo (see above) and a lot of extra features which some people appreciate. If you don't care about the open aluminum plate design, media keys, etc. then a Rosewill mechanical for like $13 more is probably a better option (FWIW I have both a Rosewill RK9000 with browns and a K90, that I got for $81 during a similar Newegg promo).

That's not very accurate, every key around WASD is also mechanical, the "only" membrane dome keys are the F keys and Home, Page Up/Down, End, Delete, and Insert.

It's a great price on a mechanical keyboard with only one glaring flaw imo (see above) and a lot of extra features which some people appreciate. If you don't care about the open aluminum plate design, media keys, etc. then a Rosewill mechanical for like $13 more is probably a better option (FWIW I have both a Rosewill RK9000 with browns and a K90, that I got for $81 during a similar Newegg promo).

Thanks for that, the review that I read on it said otherwise, yet a more reliable site put that straight and I retracted what I said earlier (too late for some to read :p).
*edit* BTW, how do the browns feel compared to the reds?

Thanks for that, the review that I read on it said otherwise, yet a more reliable site put that straight and I retracted what I said earlier (too late for some to read :p).
*edit* BTW, how do the browns feel compared to the reds?

That's very subjective, but I was underwhelmed by the browns. There's nothing inherently wrong with them, the tactile feel isn't noisy at all so they're no louder than reds (tho either is loud if/when you bottom out), but it's also very subtle imo. When I'm typing fast they feel nearly the same as reds, the tactile bump just isn't anywhere near as pronounced as blues imo...

If you really want that extra feedback when the key actuates I'd go with blues.

People describe browns as a good middle ground but to me they just feel much much closer to reds. I guess it's possible if I used them long enough I might get used to it and it'd seem more obvious, dunno. K90's on my main desktop right now and the Rosewill's on another computer in the house (still very happy with it tho, browns were just meh).

These are cherry red. Good for gaming, but not long periods of typing.

The Vengeance K60 is designed to give you complete control even during the most intense action. The contoured, textured WASD and #1-6 keys are soft to the touch and without slip so you can focus on the game without needing to look down to find the right controls. An extra set of standard typing keycaps and a keycap replacement tool are provided for general typing.

That's just silly. It'd be really annoying for some of my keys to feel different from the others.

Back