CORSAIR Turns On New RGB Products At PAX West

HardOCP News

[H] News
CORSAIR®, a world leader in enthusiast memory, PC components and high-performance gaming hardware today announced a number of new RGB products and technologies, continuing the CORSAIR commitment to stunning user-customisable lighting started by the release of the CORSAIR K70 RGB in 2014.The new SP120 RGB and HD120 RGB LED fans combine CORSAIR’s legendary cooling with easily adjustable lighting, offering reliable and quiet airflow with vibrant RGB lighting in either 4-LED or 12-LED configurations. The never-before-seen Crystal Series 460X RGB tempered glass case combines jaw-dropping tempered glass panels with three SP120 RGB fans to show off a system like never before. The MM800 RGB POLARIS mouse pad extends CORSAIR RGB lighting from the keyboard and mouse right onto the desktop, with class-leading 15-zone RGB lighting and USB pass-through. Finally, the launch of CORSAIR Utility Engine (CUE) 2 software brings a whole new way to control your CORSAIR RGB peripherals. Redesigned from the bottom up to offer more intuitive control over lighting effects and patterns, it’s never been easier to create your own custom profiles and light your peripherals just how you want them. CORSAIR RGB – Because gear this good doesn’t hide in the dark.

Okay. This RGB shit is getting out of hand.

It really is. And I say that as someone who has an RGB Strafe Corsair keyboard.

I'm still in awe that it takes corsair a 140MB MSI installer package to be able to control the LEDs on their keyboards....seriously, you're just interfacing over USB to some firmware controlled LEDs, how the heck does that require a 140MB program?

I'm still in awe that it takes corsair a 140MB MSI installer package to be able to control the LEDs on their keyboards....seriously, you're just interfacing over USB to some firmware controlled LEDs, how the heck does that require a 140MB program?
I have an Alienware RGB keyboard and it needs 2 installed programs to make it work proper. And that is with the updater program disabled!!!

What is really funny is when the motherboard is loaded with LED's but there is no LED error code display.

All those custom graphics in the application need space.

That, and the current generation of programmers don't really seem to care about saving space. "You have terabytes of storage, what do you care if my software package is 200 MB?"

The fans are a cool idea. Not sure I need an RGB mousepad though...

I have an Alienware RGB keyboard and it needs 2 installed programs to make it work proper. And that is with the updater program disabled!!!

What is really funny is when the motherboard is loaded with LED's but there is no LED error code display.

Yeah my mouse and keyboard at home both need separate programs to have full functionality, particularly for lighting the mouse. However as nice as an error code display is on a motherboard, you need a glass panel in your case to read it and I would also need to stand on my head as the motherboard is reverse mounted.

I do not want my peripherals to look like a string of Christmas lights. One color.....Meh.......many colors? Nope.

I like the color wave on my RGB Logitech keyboard but I don't need these extremely bright LEDs on everything.

EDIT: That clear case is kind of cool, but I can see clear acrylic glass looking nasty pretty quick.

I have a keyboard, mouse, screen (no i dont mean the display, it has fucking lights underneath it that shine light on the table), case fans, and other shit with lights.

FUCK LIGHTS. I cannot buy a good model of anything without lights. the things with lights are selling better! that must mean manufacturers need to make things with MOAR LIGHTS RITE?

fuck off.

I have a keyboard, mouse, screen (no i dont mean the display, it has fucking lights underneath it that shine light on the table), case fans, and other shit with lights.

FUCK LIGHTS. I cannot buy a good model of anything without lights. the things with lights are selling better! that must mean manufacturers need to make things with MOAR LIGHTS RITE?

fuck off.

There's probably a way for you to turn them off if you don't like them. Don't buy something you don't like. The return policy is there for a reason. I really don't get you people.

There's probably a way for you to turn them off if you don't like them. Don't buy something you don't like. The return policy is there for a reason. I really don't get you people.
i turned them all off, except for the case fans that cant be. why do i have to install every companies software to shut shitty lights off?

As I said they make the best stuff with shitty LEDs, you want something good? its gotta have LEDs on it. so thats why

I remember mouspads with water and plastic fish inside them 15+ years ago, all corsair has to do now is add UV coolant and RGB lights ... WIN :D

honestly i really don't get it with this RGB craze. RGB light on mousepad? really?

The worst or funny thing about these RBG mousepads is they have a large hump in the top middle edge of the bad for the electronics/input. This exactly where the mouse cable would have to cross when swiping left to right.

At least the Corsair one has usb pass through unlike Razers but they really need to incorporate a mouse bungee for these at least.

I might be wrong specifically for Corsair but typically these companies have one software suite for all their peripherals. So the software suite has to be able to support every Corsair keyboard and mouse, possibly the headsets and now mouse pad and others as well. Corsairs might interface with some of their PSUs as well?

The worst or funny thing about these RBG mousepads is they have a large hump in the top middle edge of the bad for the electronics/input. This exactly where the mouse cable would have to cross when swiping left to right.

At least the Corsair one has usb pass through unlike Razers but they really need to incorporate a mouse bungee for these at least.

I might be wrong specifically for Corsair but typically these companies have one software suite for all their peripherals. So the software suite has to be able to support every Corsair keyboard and mouse, possibly the headsets and now mouse pad and others as well. Corsairs might interface with some of their PSUs as well?

It doesn't talk to their PSUs, although it does allegedly talk to mice

I love my RGB Ducky Shine 5 keyboard, no software needed, hit fn key and spacebar pick your color DONE!

why does it look like a 15yr old dell keyboard? no innovation whatsoever

Why do cars still have 4 wheels? No innovation whatsoever.

Or maybe... the design of a keyboard has reached a point to where it can no longer be improved upon and the form reflects that function? Keycaps and their shape reflect the switches they sit on. I would argue since companies went cheap and stopped using proper mechanical switches, keyboards have gotten worse, so Apple can keep their shitty flat chiclet keys.

Why do cars still have 4 wheels? No innovation whatsoever.

Or maybe... the design of a keyboard has reached a point to where it can no longer be improved upon and the form reflects that function? Keycaps and their shape reflect the switches they sit on. I would argue since companies went cheap and stopped using proper mechanical switches, keyboards have gotten worse, so Apple can keep their shitty flat chiclet keys.

it's a premium keyboard and it's not even ergonomic, no additional keys, $150? no thanks

it's a premium keyboard and it's not even ergonomic, no additional keys, $150? no thanks

It is easily arguable that "ergonomic" keyboards do jack. There's a reason they don't sell well and never have. They're snake oil

Reactions: rat
like this
It is easily arguable that "ergonomic" keyboards do jack. There's a reason they don't sell well and never have. They're snake oil

you can argue that if you want to, ergonomics are important to me and i have not need to argue,

i've been using ergonomic keyboards for a long time and i like them, doesn't mean they are perfect but definitely innovative and quiet good

I've gotten too old for this flashy shit, but it still appeals to the easily dazzled young adult in me.

you can argue that if you want to, ergonomics are important to me and i have not need to argue,

i've been using ergonomic keyboards for a long time and i like them, doesn't mean they are perfect but definitely innovative and quiet good

Innovative? Ergo keyboards date back 22 years minimum, when Microsoft sold one (I had one in 1994 IIRC)....probably much further. There are tons of ancient ergonomic keyboard examples you can find on the internet (from Apple to Acer to Cherry to Lexmark and so on), but those are hard to pin dates to unless you remember them.

Calling ergonomic keyboards "innovative" is like calling round corners "innovative". And there's good reason no one sells them, they've never sold well in 2+ decades-because they don't make that much of a difference in people's hand problems....If you have typing technique such that you get CTS or tendonitis, the keyboard is not the problem, it isn't the solution either....the problem and solution is your typing technique.

yeah i'm sure there are plenty of old ones, but i don't want to hunt for 20yr old keyboards that sell for 200-500 dollars, lol

and they don't have RGB, duh

They make ergo mechanicals, too, you know.

ergo.jpg

No, my problem is my hands are absolutely HUGE. I have to scrunch them up like a child's hand to feel comfortable. Ergonomic keyboard feels absolutely excellent. Most people with little hands do not like them. Guess why? :):):)

....the problem and solution is your typing technique.

I love my RGB Ducky Shine 5 keyboard, no software needed, hit fn key and spacebar pick your color DONE!

I would agree except my Ducky lasted a total of about 2 hours and started ghosting key strokes. of course the one I returned wasn't in stock so i just got a Corsair Strafe.

Back