Corsair SP2500 2.1 Speaker System Review @ [H]

Best Buy only changes their selection of products a couple of times a year, so they'd be there after summer at the earliest. However, they'll be at Fry's next week. They are also planned for MicroCenter, but I don't yet know the on-shelf date.

I just saw these on Best Buy's website today. I will have to give them a try now (have almost $1k in unused BB GCs)!!

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Corsair...297028800&skuId=1853338&st=corsair&cp=5&lp=11

They have the little brother to these as well it seems.

I just got a set from Fry's yesterday, the box was really jacked up but inside everything was OK. Everything thing was in super tight wrapped in plastic and some other soft stuff. Got these up and running in about 5 minutes and they sound great even with just on board sound on my 890 fxa ud5.

Asking for $250 is a really steep price for most buyer, personally I will never pay that price for computer speaker, but that just me.
But it is always good to see new player joining the game, hope they will make some more affordable speaker and maybe join the sound card fight.

Sorry if this has been answered, but without a soundcard and with integrated:

These, swan m10's, or promedia 2.1's? I know they aren't in really comparable price ranges, but I hear the promedias sound great even without soundcard, and you can pair a nice xonar with the m10's for the same price.

I just saw these on Best Buy's website today. They have the little brother to these as well it seems.

Nice, I'm still within the return window for my Klipsch, I'll give the SP2200 a try.

Edit: Darn, sold out. Newegg doesn't carry them yet either. Oh well.

Last edited:
Does 129 before tax sound like a hot deal for the SP2500? I can get it at that price.

Also, if any of you live in Canada, and near a N.CIX store, you can get the speakers for this price too. (You'd have to go in store to get it)

Only works if you live in Canada, and can go in-store to N.CIX. If you qualify, then PM me. Think it might be out of stock though. ;x

Would my Crosshair IV Supreme x-fi soundcard be enough for these speakers or should I get something like the creative titanium HD?

Last edited:
Just got these to replace my Altec Lansing FX6021's. I'm using my Rampage II's Supreme X-FI card and just out of the box its night and day difference compared to the Altec's (which weren't too shabby to begin with).

At first I wasn't sure if I liked the sound since it is so much "brighter" because the highs are more pronounced, but I guess I'm just not used to having this range of sound from my old speakers. I'm also very happy to see that there is absolutely no hissing from the speakers when nothing is playing and when I plug in my headphones into the headphone jack there is also no background noise when nothing is playing.

I was quite a bit hesitant at first, but I am fully satisfied with them after having spent just a few hours with them.

I would like to note until the end of the month you now get a $20 rebate card if you buy the SP2500 system which brings it down to $229.

I ordered mine on the 28th of January, the rebate started Feb. 1st. :(

I love Corsair PR. Red Beard and now Dylan, very awesome to see actual employees taking the time to answer questions like these.
If I have a $100 gift card for Newegg, it means I could snag these speakers for $120 (with shipping and after rebate). Everyone agree that that is an awesome deal?

Hi everyone, not posted for a while, but have been reading this thread with a great deal of interest.
I currently have the Bowers & Wilkins MM1's. Superb set of speakers that are very good for near fieild listening, but not for room filling sound. Also, I miss having a subwoofer like I had on my previous set of speakers MX5021. If only they had not turned out to be faulty, I still would have had them to this day.
A lot of people post on various forums etc etc that the best audio solution for the PC is to have a dedicated seperates system. Fair enough I do agree with that, however some people like me for example don't have the space and are looking for a compact audiophile PC speaker system.
I just want to check with forum members/Corsair staff as to whether or not the SP2500 is a dedicated gaming speaker system, or is designed to compete with other audiophile speaker systems for music eg Focal XS 2.1, Creative T3, & Razer Mako.
I did initially recommend the Corsair SP2500's to a family member, however I was put off a bit by one review on this site saying that music sounded "Hollow" when using both the "Classic" & "Reference" settings and told the family member to wait and see if Corsair addresses this issue.

Dylan,
I just picked up a set of the speakers as a gift to myself at Fry's, 250 after rebate. I have to say that I'm very impressed with the quality of these speakers and for the first time I think I can actually tell the difference in audio quality as far as my MP3s vs uncompressed goes.

I have only one complaint: the cables that came with these speakers are just way to short. I have a hole drilled in the side of my desk that I shunt all my cables through, and I just dont have wire lengh to reach the sub, so I'm forced to have the wires go directly under my desk and having put the sub under my feet.

Where can I find extension cables? Do you guys offer them? I've never seen a 4pin molex extension cable more than 1 ft long, and I need more like 3 to 4 extra feet.

I cannot get these to work with my X-fi HD Titanium. I've tried every setup I can come up with and nothing. They worked for a second or two, but that's it. Any ideas?

I know these are premium speakers and all, but really $250+ is a bit steep for a 2.1, for me anyway. I hope they release a more mainstream version in the near future.

A set of good speakers is as important to me and a good video card. $250 is a deal if they sound good.

Tried three different sets of Klipsch Promedia 2.1. None of them worked 100% right. So I just ordered these off amazon for $240 with $3 overnight amazon prime shipping. Ill report back when I get them. Also the fact the Corsair rep was here answering questions in a respectful manor also was a huge deal to me. As long as these speakers live up to the hype I will always look for an option from Corsair for any computer parts I get. Also make a 5.1 set :p

Last edited:
so will the onboard sound card limit its full potentials specially in games? if yes can someone please recommend me a good sound card I can order with this system from amazon.

ok did a little research, sound cards can be more expensive than I thought :( so is the ASUS Xonar Essence STX a good deal here? EDIT: what about this?

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
so will the onboard sound card limit its full potentials specially in games? if yes can someone please recommend me a good sound card I can order with this system from amazon.

ok did a little research, sound cards can be more expensive than I thought :( so is the ASUS Xonar Essence STX a good deal here? EDIT: what about this?

You'd be better off going with a Titanium HD, by far the best Creative card released. Check for sales, they were $130 not long ago.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
p1030638ec.jpg
[/URL]

Just got mine a few days ago. Love them so far. Set looks good and sounds great. I cant do a side by side with the ProMedia being I already toke them back plus like I said I couldn't get a working set. What I can say is with my CD source via my home theater they sound great. I played around with the different EQs and I think Ill keep it on the "reference" setting. The "program" settings can be useful particularly late night mode. I played a lot of games on this as well. Bass is really tight and you can really tell whats going on even with almost constant gun fire/explosions going on.

My only complaint is the lowest volume setting is a bet high for my tastes. I wish it had one more notch before going silent.

Evey thing else is rock solid. If you guys make a 5.1 set I'd buy it in a heart beat.

Got mine working after updating Soundblaster software. Yea!!!

My aunt bought a set of these SP2500 speakers. Must say I wasn't impressed with the sound. Big let down especially from all the hype. I'll stick to my Klipsch Promedia 5.1 Ultras. No comparison at all. My Klipsch Ultras smokes these. YMMV

cityjim

I'm somewhat of a nut when it comes to the aesthetics of my setup (i.e. everything MUST be the same shade of black, the keyboard HAS to be backlit, everything has a specific color scheme etc. etc. etc.) and I'm really loving the blue drivers, but unfortunately this is just way out of my price range ): Has anyone had any experience with the little brother SP2200? I might end up getting those, or maybe Swan M10s or Promedia 2.1s.

I just noticed these speakers are now available on Amazon for $199 with free supersaver shipping :D

And of course the smaller Corsair speakers turned up reviewed on the H today. I think i'll go for the 2500's, just how much lower will they go before i give in...

One of the speakers in my Promedia 2.1s died the other day...Might end up picking up a set of these once I have the money!

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004H0MQYW/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER"]Amazon.com: Corsair Gaming Audio Series SP2500 High-Power 2.1 PC Speaker System (CA-SP211NA): Electronics@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41L9H2MATkL.@@AMEPARAM@@41L9H2MATkL[/ame]

There is an additional $50 rebate after the purchase. For a little over $150 these are an absolutely great deal.

[F2C]MaDMaXX;1037340787 said:
And of course the smaller Corsair speakers turned up reviewed on the H today. I think i'll go for the 2500's, just how much lower will they go before i give in...

And the answer is ~$150 with the rebate right now :D

If you're running a soundcard that offers Toslink (optical), S/PDIF, and 3.5mm outputs, how would you connect this since it uses RCA? Would having to use 3.5mm do anything to reduce the sound quality coming from the soundcard?

Back