Corsair SF600 600w SFX Powersupply

Thanks! Might actually buy it now. So you just got the narrow mounting kit for it? Is there anything else I would need?
So when you fill out the online request form, you need to request the narrow ILM specific bracket that CSD showed in the first pic on that page. The XB whatever.

Also, you need at least one 120mm fan as the bottom 140mm will not fit next to the PSU. I changed the top and bottom fans out so I could fit a second 120mm in the NCase fan bracket but it isn't necessary.

So when you fill out the online request form, you need to request the narrow ILM specific bracket that CSD showed in the first pic on that page. The XB whatever.

Also, you need at least one 120mm fan as the bottom 140mm will not fit next to the PSU. I changed the top and bottom fans out so I could fit a second 120mm in the NCase fan bracket but it isn't necessary.

Thanks! I actually have an extra set of the narrow brackets from my nh-d9dx i4 but didn't know it would actually fit. Might just wait for broadwell-E to be released before I switch to that. Thanks for the info.

Been waiting for this power supply forever. Was out for delivery today. Waited all day then I check the tracking and it said incorrect address -can't be delivered. I've had the same address link to my Amazon prime since 2010. No clue what happened. Another day of waiting

Been waiting for this power supply forever. Was out for delivery today. Waited all day then I check the tracking and it said incorrect address -can't be delivered. I've had the same address link to my Amazon prime since 2010. No clue what happened. Another day of waiting
That's interesting. Mine was out suppose to be delivered Friday, but delayed for Saturday and it said delivered but it never came. Filed a claim and they're sending out a replacement. Never had this problem before. Maybe it's a SF600 curse :p

I'm downsizing my ATX setup to ITX and am considering the 450W version of this power supply. I've been lurking on this board for a long time and am aware that the silverstone SFX power supplies have some annoying "clicking" sound issues. However I might be able to get a slightly used Silverstone 450W or the SX500-LG for 50-60 euro. The Corsair one costs around 90eu here. Is this supply worth the extra cash? I could also get a Sharkoon 500W SFX for 85eu, but not many users here have that one.

I received my SF600 today. I managed to get a slight discount before purchasing. I simply emailed the supplier and they managed to reduced the price by £6.78. Not much, but it's still a saving.

I've never owned nor seen an SFX PSU in person until now, but the first thing that hit me was the size. It's tiny! It really is amazing. Unfortunately there's still a couple of parts I need before I can start building my new rig. So the wait continues...

Last edited:
I'm downsizing my ATX setup to ITX and am considering the 450W version of this power supply. I've been lurking on this board for a long time and am aware that the silverstone SFX power supplies have some annoying "clicking" sound issues. However I might be able to get a slightly used Silverstone 450W or the SX500-LG for 50-60 euro. The Corsair one costs around 90eu here. Is this supply worth the extra cash? I could also get a Sharkoon 500W SFX for 85eu, but not many users here have that one.

For me the sound was horrible as the case sits a few feet from my ears. So the coil wine was horrible on the silverstone. I think mine may have been one of the worst units though, so your mileage may vary. So personally, there was no question at all.

Thanks for your input. I might just bite the bullet and order the Corsair power supply. They do offer a 7 year warranty which is nice.

Some reviews start to pop up now. However, I feel there are conflicting reports in the reviews. Swedish site Sweclockers sees the SF450 fan doing around 1600rpm at full load. While the SF600 at 75% (equals 450W) is at 2400 rpm. There is a 4C difference in temperature though. However, it means the SF600 seems to be the louder of the two units, with a more aggressive fan curve.

KitGuru on the other hand, does not report fan speeds, but dB, and has the SF600 as quieter up to 450W, as one could expect.

If the SF450 is indeed quieter for loads up to at least 350W, I don't see a reason to ever buy the SF600 for a single GPU system.

Some reviews start to pop up now. However, I feel there are conflicting reports in the reviews. Swedish site Sweclockers sees the SF450 fan doing around 1600rpm at full load. While the SF600 at 75% (equals 450W) is at 2400 rpm. There is a 4C difference in temperature though. However, it means the SF600 seems to be the louder of the two units, with a more aggressive fan curve.

KitGuru on the other hand, does not report fan speeds, but dB, and has the SF600 as quieter up to 450W, as one could expect.

If the SF450 is indeed quieter for loads up to at least 350W, I don't see a reason to ever buy the SF600 for a single GPU system.

Well, maybe the exception is my setup. I suppose I could grab a Kill-A-Watt and test but I am probably over 450W as my 5820k is @ 4.4 GHz.

Next generation GPUs will most likely also use considerably less power, if AMD and Nvidia won't just maximize performance.

I still to be seen how team green and red have balanced the gain from node shrink into performance or efficiency. There is promise of competition in discrete GPU market, and with VR and 4K, they should still have reasons to focus on top performance.

In any case, low power and/or SFF variants will mostly come out sooner or later... and they will most like be better than last generation. Rinse and repeat.

I came back to post that I originally purchased a SX500-LG for my M1 build and returned it because the form factor was annoying (the cables were pushing against my gpu backplate) and it was way too loud (coil whine, fan clicking, etc). I received my SF600 and I am enormously pleased with it - it is an excellent product. The fan doesn't spin when my pc is at idle, it engages quietly, and when it is pulling 400 watts from the wall socket (the most I can draw when my system is maxed out) it still isn't very loud and the exhaust coming out the top of the unit is quite cool. I certainly don't notice the noise nearly as much as the Silverstone I tried previously. The cables are a little stiff though.

I replaced the Silverstone st45sf-g in my RVZ02 with the 600w model today and the difference is profound!

At idle, it is silent and under load I can't hear it (over the EVGA ACX cooler). The Silverstone unit was previously by far the loudest component in my system.

Well, look like a homer this psu...
now if only it can be more widely available in Europe....
Tons of lots sales from silverstone....
I'm getting one, just don't know if the 450w or the 600w...

Well, look like a homer this psu...
now if only it can be more widely available in Europe....
Tons of lots sales from silverstone....
I'm getting one, just don't know if the 450w or the 600w...

Lots of people will say the head room on 600w is going to be better, but I did the math and couldn't work out how I'd get over 320w, so I went with the 450w unit. That's running a 65w i7 and a GTX 970, some drives, etc etc.

Lots of people will say the head room on 600w is going to be better, but I did the math and couldn't work out how I'd get over 320w, so I went with the 450w unit. That's running a 65w i7 and a GTX 970, some drives, etc etc.

Can't get my system to draw any higher than that (sub-350W incl. monitors) according to my UPS during stress testing. After reading the KitGuru review, I can't figure out if the 450W or 600W would be quieter, given that load. Seems nearly identical (with the SF600 being a little more quiet below 350W)..
Code:
SF450     @250W=31.4dB, @350W=32.2dB, @450W=33.3dB
SF600            @300W=<28dB,         @450W=33.8dB

Will probably still go with another 600W with the random fantasy that I might someday buy a Titan-Z or something stupid :wacky:

(..and much thanks to the guys here providing early feedback on these, really appreciate that!)

I just installed it. Corsair knocked this one out the ball park! Looks great! Performs great as well. Feels a lot better packaged than the Silverstone ones I installed for my friends. Didn't really care for the little bags but I guess it is a nice touch. There is no reason to buy any Silverstone sfx power supply now. Better warranty, better performance, better looks, and competitive price!

One question before something happens that I will regret:

I'm in the process of building an itx machine with the SF450 - is it me or are the 6+2 pcie and 8 pin cpu power cable slots on the psu interchangeable? The labelling on the psu brackets all three 8 pin outputs and doesn't specify which ones for the pcie and which for the cpu.

This is what I mean:
AS7V5200-1_zps52i1jtpp.jpg~original
Those three outputs at the bottom - does it matter where you put the pcie and cpu power cable?

It doesn't matter which you plug in. These things are keyed for dummy proof. Main thing though is to avoid another manufacturers power supply cables. Some manufacturer have non-standard pin outs.

To be honest, I'm not sure why we don't have a new power supply standard yet. A lot of the output pins are redundant, and with advancement in power supply we can easily trim down the excess cables. If a Pico psu can fully power a motherboard with only two, yes two cables into voltage regularator board, surely we can go down to something more reasonable like 12 or 16 pins?

Will probably still go with another 600W with the random fantasy that I might someday buy a Titan-Z or something stupid :wacky:
(..and much thanks to the guys here providing early feedback on these, really appreciate that!)

Looks like Pascal is going to draw 230-250W, that might get you up to 90% of a 450W depending on a number of things. Just some food for thought.

NVIDIA GeForce Pascal Graphics Cards Launching Around Computex - High Performance Replacements For GTX 980 and GTX 970

It shouldn't, both PCIe and CPU only carry +12V. If the cable fits into the slot, it'll work.
Cheers. :) That's a relief.

This thing is so silent it's amazing. Have yet to push it and see how loud it can get but so far it's great.

I see that the GTX 1080 that is supposed to launch in June (GP104) is rumored to have a single 8-pin power, so that can be anywhere between just below 150W and 225W. That's easily handled by a good 450W unit.

GP100 is a bit further out and we don't even know how long it'll remain exclusively a Titan-branded card ($999+).

One question before something happens that I will regret:

I'm in the process of building an itx machine with the SF450 - is it me or are the 6+2 pcie and 8 pin cpu power cable slots on the psu interchangeable? The labelling on the psu brackets all three 8 pin outputs and doesn't specify which ones for the pcie and which for the cpu.

This is what I mean:
AS7V5200-1_zps52i1jtpp.jpg~original
Those three outputs at the bottom - does it matter where you put the pcie and cpu power cable?
For me, the 2 left PCI-E's are connected to GFX980, and the 3rd one to CPU. The only way they fit.

Today I finished a Ncase M1 V1 build with the Corsair 600w unit. This thing is quiet running idle. Its powering a 6700k and gtx970. Haven't stressed test the rig yet. That's next on my to do list. This is the one guys. Corsair has a real winner here.

Just installed the SF600 and it's been great so far. Only complaint is the cables. I really hope they release the power connectors separately so we can create unstiff and good lengths.

Interested in getting this, but unsure which longer 24pin braided cable is compatible. I know Silverstone isn't, do any of the existing Corsair cables fit?

On sale today at Fry's for $99.00 (if you have a promo. code from their emails).

Finished my M1 build and am very happy with the Corsair SF450. I have the case fan blowing into the PSU and it virtually never spins up at all.

Here the setup. Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

That is interesting.. I never actually considered using the PSU to pull air from the inside even though I also have a fan blowing down on it. My build: Ncase M1 I wish we had a way of monitoring PSU temps because I wonder if this would help exhaust air because right now my only true exhaust fan is the 92mm exhaust and then passively exhausting the air out the top.

Just installed the SF600 and it's been great so far. Only complaint is the cables. I really hope they release the power connectors separately so we can create unstiff and good lengths.

You can buy the power connectors from various modding sites.

Back