• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Corsair PSU Survey

dunno if its me.. but the survey does not work correctly with FF3.. questions 8 only lets me select 2 of the features.. everytime i select one below it it removes the previous answer question 9 lets me select 3 of them the last 2 are messed up.. if anyone got it to work on FF3 let me know id like to complete this survey..
 
Didn't work for me with FF3, either. After completing and submitting, said all questions with an asterisk were required.
 
It's very possible, sirmonkey1985 & RedTuna23, you all were trying to select duplicate ratings for each question which asked you to choose each selection "in order of preference". Go back and look at the questions and see if this is the case.

I've just completed the questionaire myself. Would really like to see what the results are of this.
 
It's very possible, sirmonkey1985 & RedTuna23, you all were trying to select duplicate ratings for each question which asked you to choose each selection "in order of preference". Go back and look at the questions and see if this is the case.

I've just completed the questionaire myself. Would really like to see what the results are of this.


no i did it correctly the first time.. just tried it again.. but i refuse to use IE even if it is to answer a survey..
 
Done. (IE7)

/agree on wanting to see the result. How about it, Redbeard?
 
Yeah you can't select multiple 5's for instance. Only 1 selection per column. I was getting messed up at first also.
 
They want them rated from high to low. So not a rating for each choice.

Did the same as you guys, tried in FF3 and IE8 before figuring it out lol
 
You're doing it wrong!

You have to rate all 5 features shown from 1 to 5, not each feature from 1 to 5.
 
Well...the last question should be check all that apply. It shouldnt be limited to just three....I look at online review, print review, word of mouth, previous experience, and others things....
 
Hard decision to rank the options they had because they were all pretty important. At least they care about quality only though no ranking for "uber LEDs" or anything like that
 
I don't think I'm alone here when I say I'd like something from them in the lower range, like 250W for use in low power systems.
 
I didn't care for the way that survey was set up. It seemed suspiciously like they're trying to figure out what features they can skimp on in future models.

Listen carefully, Corsair: You guys are currently the front runner for my next PSU purchase. Don't screw it up now by letting the MBA's make decisions that should be left to the engineers.

My next PSU will meet the following criteria:

- 50C Rated
- Excellent Voltage Regulation
- Low Ripple
- Modular
- 80 Plus Efficient
- 100% Japanese Capacitors
- 120mm+ Fan
- 5 Year Warranty

These are not in order of importance, each one is a deal breaker.
 
The survey forgot to mention reliability. That would definitely be in one of my top 3 ranked features.

I would just like to note that I would rank all of the features in the second group (ripple, voltage regulation, efficiency, etc) higher than the features in the first group. Except for maybe quiet fan, but that should be a gimme if it's actually a quality unit.

I don't care about look and feel. The thing gets handled once, and never seen again...if it works right.

For the people that care about how their PSU looks...I don't understand you or your kind. You put an expensive PSU in your fancy computer in order for it to be able to display mind-blowing 3D graphics, but you care if your PSU has racing stripes? I could care less if a PSU literally looked like a steaming pile of crap with cords coming out of it, as long as it is reliable and performs.
 
All done, though my Antec is still plugging along, i'd like for them to make 80mm cooled PSU's for for those of us who run SFF systems.
 
Each feature should be rated individually. I think someone in the marketing department is getting lazy...
 
I've used a few Corsair PSUs on builds for friends and family. I love the fit-and-finish, and the next PSU I buy will be a Corsair. I like my Silverstone, too though. :)

Survey +1
 
I didn't care for the way that survey was set up. It seemed suspiciously like they're trying to figure out what features they can skimp on in future models.

Listen carefully, Corsair: You guys are currently the front runner for my next PSU purchase. Don't screw it up now by letting the MBA's make decisions that should be left to the engineers.

My next PSU will meet the following criteria:

- 50C Rated
- Excellent Voltage Regulation
- Low Ripple
- Modular
- 80 Plus Efficient
- 100% Japanese Capacitors
- 120mm+ Fan
- 5 Year Warranty

These are not in order of importance, each one is a deal breaker.
Well said!!
I did not like the format of the survey at all and agree with each of your requirements.
 
Doesn't work in FF 3.0.0.3 or whatever version it is. IEtabbed over and that didn't work either.

Guess I won't be submitting results.
 
definitely needed to mention reliability. looks are meh on a PSU. All that matters is that it delivers it's rated amount of power with excellent regulation and minimal ripple... and doing it quietly. Modular cabling is a definite plus though.
 
I want more SATA connectors. I don't need 6 PCI-e plugs, I'm not running triple SLI. I am running 2-3 optical drives, and upwards of 10 harddrives. Even with molex to SATA adapters I am running low.

There, that's my two cents.
 
I didn't care for the way that survey was set up. It seemed suspiciously like they're trying to figure out what features they can skimp on in future models.

Listen carefully, Corsair: You guys are currently the front runner for my next PSU purchase. Don't screw it up now by letting the MBA's make decisions that should be left to the engineers.

My next PSU will meet the following criteria:

- 50C Rated
- Excellent Voltage Regulation
- Low Ripple
- Modular
- 80 Plus Efficient
- 100% Japanese Capacitors
- 120mm+ Fan
- 5 Year Warranty

These are not in order of importance, each one is a deal breaker.

You just described every HX power supply we sell and most of the rest, save for the modular issue.

Some people don't like or don't want to buy Modular - so we'll always have a fixed-cable product for them.

What we're trying to do here is get some answers from the best enthusiasts out there so we can find out just how much people care about specific issues.

For example - if we have to make a tradeoff between a semi-modular PSU with 87% efficiency and a fully-modular PSU with 85% efficiency, which would end users prefer?

We all know that most high-end PSU buyers want reliability, silence, modular cables, and high efficiency - the question is really "in what order?"

As for making a 250W PSU, we unfortunately see almost zero demand for this. The majority of aftermarket PSU sales come from people upgrading or building a gaming rig. It's not really cost-effective to build a low-end PC, and aside from hobbyists like you and me, nobody builds their mom/wife/sister/brother/amish buddy an email box anymore because you can get a $400 desktop or a $600 laptop from Dell that meets those needs and comes with more software, a better warranty, and tech support.

As for publishing the results - we'll see. I'm not sure if we're going to publish them or not quite honestly.
 
I didn't care for the way that survey was set up. It seemed suspiciously like they're trying to figure out what features they can skimp on in future models.

Listen carefully, Corsair: You guys are currently the front runner for my next PSU purchase. Don't screw it up now by letting the MBA's make decisions that should be left to the engineers.

My next PSU will meet the following criteria:

- 50C Rated
- Excellent Voltage Regulation
- Low Ripple
- Modular
- 80 Plus Efficient
- 100% Japanese Capacitors
- 120mm+ Fan
- 5 Year Warranty

These are not in order of importance, each one is a deal breaker.

I completely agree with this post. I did not like ranking the selections on "order of importance" because they are ALL important factors for me.
 
i buy corsair psus (hx620, hx520) because while they offer one of the best internal design platforms they also offer extreme flexibiliy with cabling and a very sleek look.

judging by my current experiences with my two corsair supplies, my next larger supply will likely be a corsair. it's a name in psu's that i have now come to trust.

i hadn't heard of corsair power supplies until one was reviewed here, actually.
 
The 1st time I heard of Corsair making a PSU was when I won one at GeForce LAN back in 06. I just picked up a 750TX to replace an old school BFG KW PSU I had that died in my file server. I love Corsair PSUs and always choose them when building a system for myself or friends. However, I also like Silverstone's SFF PSU. The short cable length made a big differrence in the uATX rig I built for a buddy.
 
You just described every HX power supply we sell and most of the rest, save for the modular issue.

I know, I just want to do what I can to make sure you keep it that way. :)

Some people don't like or don't want to buy Modular - so we'll always have a fixed-cable product for them.

I wouldn't want you to go purely modular either, I use fixed-cable units in all of my server builds. Nobody wants to hunt down cable kits 3-4 years later.

What we're trying to do here is get some answers from the best enthusiasts out there so we can find out just how much people care about specific issues.

For example - if we have to make a tradeoff between a semi-modular PSU with 87% efficiency and a fully-modular PSU with 85% efficiency, which would end users prefer?

Well why didn't you just ask us that, then? ;)

BTW, if you really want to make me happy, come out with an HX800 or 850.
 
Most important thing for me in a PSU is sound and reliability. I couldn't care less if it is rated 1000W or 650W makes no difference for me. I have 1 hard drive with 1 video card and one dvd burner. To be honest I personally think all these super high wattage ratings is just marketing BS anyways...you could run a bloddy fridge, stove and microwave off a 1000W PSU lol common now. I personally have a Antec 500W 80+ myself and it works perfectly...
 
Yeah, you are supposed to "rank" the features, not rate them individually. The form could have been made a bit clearer on those questions.

In the past, Corsair have known that high wattage isn't everything. You don't need more than 500-550W even for a high-end system unless you go SLI or Crossfire. Other features like build quality, voltage regulation etc. are far more important to me. There are one of few companies who still market PSUs in the 450-550W range, which is about as much wattage as most users need.

Unfortunately, Corsair seem to be jumping on the "Wattage is everything" bandwagon too. Their CWT-built 750W PSU does not compare to their other units in terms of quality of the internals. If I was planning on running dual GPUs, would rather get one of their Seasonic-built units in the 600W range than buy that 750W PSU.

However since I only run a single 4850 and a slightly overclocked 65nm Phenom, my 450W Seasonic-built Corsair is fine :)
 
Freezebyte, just turn the PSU around. I run a SFF system as well but would much rather like 120mm fans.

I really hope Corsair can maintain their level of quality and pricing, because for a while now I haven't even had to consider other PSUs when recommending them to other people.
 
Freezebyte, just turn the PSU around. I run a SFF system as well but would much rather like 120mm fans.

I really hope Corsair can maintain their level of quality and pricing, because for a while now I haven't even had to consider other PSUs when recommending them to other people.

That won't help either, theres basically very little of an air gap in the SG01-SG02 cases between the psu and the case cover if you rotate the PSU around.
 
Back
Top