Corsair PSU Question

Ripbrood

Limp Gawd
Alright so a newb question here not use to the new case or psu unit, from back in the day how the psu was mounted up top and fan down. I picked up Corsair Psu and was wondering if the fan mounts down or up in the case. I have a Cooler Master HAF 922. So if I mount it down it has some flow but on the other hand I dont want to mount up to blow all the heat into the case. Please let me know on this one guys. Thanks

Alright so a newb question here not use to the new case or psu unit, from back in the day how the psu was mounted up top and fan down. I picked up Corsair Psu and was wondering if the fan mounts down or up in the case. I have a Cooler Master HAF 922. So if I mount it down it has some flow but on the other hand I dont want to mount up to blow all the heat into the case. Please let me know on this one guys. Thanks

Hmm? The fan isn't an exhaust, it's an intake.

Just have the fan side facing the bottom of the case.

Hmm? The fan isn't an exhaust, it's an intake.

Just have the fan side facing the bottom of the case.

I think you have to also consider what the tower is placed on. If its carpet the PSU fan wouldn't be able to exhaust out the bottom (being smothered), but if its on a desk it shouldn't be a problem.

Last edited:
Great thanks Danny_Bui appreciate the help again lol. Trying to get it all together and came across that. I want to ask an off topic question about the cm212+ when I go to apply the thermal the cure period for it does it have to be running or will it be alright sitting for a few or any steps in that process.

I think you have to also consider what the tower is placed on. If its carpet the PSU fan wouldn't be able to exhaust out the bottom (being smothered), but if its on a desk it shouldn't be a problem.
Fair point.
If the PSU is an intake wouldn't make more sense to shoot the heat towards the top and not possibly "refeed" the hot air back into the PSU?
Huh?

If the PSU is at the bottom, there's very little chance that the warm air can flow back into the PSU. The PSU's intake is at the bottom and exhausts out the back.
I want to ask an off topic question about the cm212+ when I go to apply the thermal the cure period for it does it have to be running or will it be alright sitting for a few or any steps in that process.
There's no real cure period for the included thermal paste with the 212+ AFAIK. Just once you start the PC, that's about it.

Thanks. The case sits in a open desk area on part of the desk. On the bottom of my case has 4 little stands to raise it as is anyways. The only part I was stuck on so I can start getting everything in and cable management.

Huh?

If the PSU is at the bottom, there's very little chance that the warm air can flow back into the PSU. The PSU's intake is at the bottom and exhausts out the back.

Yeah "brain farted " thinking it was an exhaust. I should know better having a corsair myself...

Yeah "brain farted " thinking it was an exhaust. I should know better having a PSU myself...

Fixed

Although one probably exists SOMEWHERE, I've never seen a power supply that doesn't exhaust out of the rear of the unit (or what would traditionally be considered the rear). Regardless of fan size or placement, the hot air always blows out of the back, so any other opening would be an intake.

Back