Corsair HX850 $149.99 after MIR

I saw this in my email this morning and thought about it for about 3 seconds before telling myself to get the 1000hx for my new rig instead. After seeing this thread I actually took the time to think logically about it and realized I might as well save the money since I wont really need 1000 watts.

Thanks for making me use my head. ;)

I saw this in my email this morning and thought about it for about 3 seconds before telling myself to get the 1000hx for my new rig instead. After seeing this thread I actually took the time to think logically about it and realized I might as well save the money since I wont really need 1000 watts.

Thanks for making me use my head. ;)
Unless you really need 1000w, the HX850 is a much better psu.

better voltage regulation, better ripple suppression, quieter, smaller, cheaper.

Thanks, been putting off building a new rig, but my old system died, so time for a new one, and this fits the bill nicely!

Sure beats the corsair hx620 for 90 AR on amazon. Kinda wish I saw this before I made that order, but then again it would still be $164 after taxes and rebates for CA residents.

The HX850 has one large 12V rail, and is simply a better supply than the now aging HX1000.

Sure beats the corsair hx620 for 90 AR on amazon. Kinda wish I saw this before I made that order, but then again it would still be $164 after taxes and rebates for CA residents.

I also had ordered the amazon hx620 for 90 AR.

I use single video card.

Is single 12v rail still better overall, and can someone
tell me why if it is?

I also had ordered the amazon hx620 for 90 AR.

I use single video card.

Is single 12v rail still better overall, and can someone
tell me why if it is?

It's been debated on it's usefulness / danger of overcurrent, but single rail is just....

simpler to setup. No chance of connecting to the incorrect rail, and overloading it.

The single rail setup, you plug it in...

it works (assuming you have not exceded total power availbility).

Back