Corsair HX520w PSU $88.40

sj41

Limp Gawd
hot deal! buy.com has the Corsair HX520 PSU for $88.40 after google checkout, free shipping. low on stock

buy.com

Free shipping, but tax is still present (~10$ for TN). Came out to just under 100$ for me.

The only part that bothers me is the return policy:

Basic Return Policy • Unless otherwise stated, you have 14 days from the date your product left the warehouse (regardless of when you actually took delivery of the product) to get a valid RMA from our website and get your product to a shipper to return back to us. It does not have to be back in our warehouse within 14 days, but it does have to be in the possession of the shipper (along with the valid RMA).

14 days from the warehouse? free shipping it 7 to 9 business days. You'd be lucky to get one day to try it out before it had to be in the hands of the shipper if you need a replacement.

86reddawg said:
Free shipping, but tax is still present (~10$ for TN). Came out to just under 100$ for me.

i guess there are taxes in some states, there was none for me (Florida)

wow great price on an awesome psu.. i just ordered mine through newegg for $120

damn guess im going to buy these suckers as a part to build my core2duo rig even though its gonna be months away from the actual completion. Hahaha all i have is a case and now soon to be psu. How better are these than neohe550?

purple_haze said:
damn guess im going to buy these suckers as a part to build my core2duo rig even though its gonna be months away from the actual completion. Hahaha all i have is a case and now soon to be psu. How better are these than neohe550?

i've heard nothing but bad reports from that neo 550.. read newegg and search it on common forums for user experience

Antec NeoHE's are very nice quiet PSU's but they suffer from lots of compatibility issues and sometimes you'll have to plug in the 4-pin power to the board even if you're not running high-powered stuff. A very picky PSU.

CyC said:
i've heard nothing but bad reports from that neo 550.. read newegg and search it on common forums for user experience

damn i guess im happy i bit on this instead of the neo550. Im trying to go for the quiet computer route and thought 550he matched up with p180 would be perfection. i thought wrong though. Man im just happy these suckers were on sale, since i wouldve of went the neohe route instead if this deal never existed

Dang, just bought one from Zipzoomfly over the weekend for $120 :mad: That extra $30 could have gone to getting a Lite-On SATA DVD burner :(

Nice find! Now my dilemma is if I should get this now, or hope the price will drop to something similar to this around when I'll actually be building my core 2 duo machine in a couple months... hmm.

jennyfur said:
Nice find! Now my dilemma is if I should get this now, or hope the price will drop to something similar to this around when I'll actually be building my core 2 duo machine in a couple months... hmm.

yeah right?
dilemma

Anyone else pick this up? I ordered mine on monday and as of today it's still listed as "sent to the warehouse" as the status

Once we have verified your payment, your order is Sent to Warehouse to be fulfilled.

If your item is in stock, your order will be Shipped within 1 to 2 business days.

:/

Temporarily Sold Out.
More inventory may be available. Place your order today and be one of the first to receive this product when it arrives!

ahh ok, guess I wasn't quick enough with the trigger finger.

my status is still "sent to warehouse" and I also ordered on Monday...guess we were too late.....I wonder when they will ship out the psu

I ordered on tuesday I believe and I'm still stuck on sent to warehouse as well. This sucks. I was expecting it to arrive this week.

I sent an email to their customer support asking when they expect to get these units in stock

That's so weird, I ordered on monday and tried to cancel monday night but the next morning (tuesday) they shipped it anyway. (good thing though, because I changed my mind again :p )

I haven't gotten any response yet, buy my order status is now "on order"

who da fook knows.

Here's what "on order" means

"We are making every effort to ship your product to you as soon as possible. Unless your item is on pre-order, our supplier has not given us an expected arrival date. "

They don't even know when they are getting any. I went ahead and cancelled my order and put in for one from ZZF. With no tax/shipping, I'm only paying 7$ more.

god they are freakin slow, until i threatened to cancel my order did they then start shipping me order

Oh this is horseshit. I cancelled my order yesterday and low and behold:

As you requested, we attempted to cancel your order for the item listed below from order #xxxxxxx.
However, this item has already entered the shipping process and could not be cancelled.

We apologize for any inconvenience and offer you three options when your order arrives:
- You may keep the product.
- You may refuse shipment for a full refund, in which case the carrier will return the product to us at our cost.
- If you are unable to refuse the package, you may return the product for a refund. In this case you might not be automatically credited for your shipping costs depending on the condition of the package or when you requested cancellation, etc.

I'm refusing shipment on this crapt. Never again am I doing business with buy.com.

So for anyone else on hold waiting for their PS, cancel your order. It'll come right through

Not only that, at the same time I got a response from my email of "when are you guys getting more power supplies in?"

The response?

Re: Where is my shipment?
Thank you for your email regarding order #xxxxxxx

We have submitted your cancellation request to our fulfillment center
for approval. You will receive an email confirming the cancellation
request for this order within the next few business days.

Thank you for your patience in the matter.

Sincerely,

Mel

Lol, nothing about them getting more units in, they didn't respond until I cancelled my order and even then didn't answer my question. This is just shiesty seller tactics.

I'm writing derogatory remarks about mel's mother on the box before I refuse shipment :/

got my psu finally today, the packaging looks nice and all, but should i test it out on my current computer right now to see if its defective or should i just wait til i get my dual core set up 3 months down the road and try it then. with the 5 year warranty i have nothing to worry about just yet right? or no?

I'd put it work now...that way you can always try to make buy.com pay return shipping on it if its defective...or not. whichever you are comfortable with I suppose

I went ahead and accepted the shipment for mine. I shouldn't have. Mine was in a box about 20-30% larger than the original box with no packing at all inside of it. I'm very cautious about this unit as I noticed it looks like someone took a knife to the screw hole that's covered with the "warrantee voided if removed" sticker.

For anyone else that's got one of these, how did the box come? was it shrinkwrapped with that really flimsy stuff? I'm pretty sure mine has already been opened. It seems to work now though - I'm debating on sending an email back discussing these problems or just cutting my losses as is and sticking it out.

86reddawg said:
I went ahead and accepted the shipment for mine. I shouldn't have. Mine was in a box about 20-30% larger than the original box with no packing at all inside of it. I'm very cautious about this unit as I noticed it looks like someone took a knife to the screw hole that's covered with the "warrantee voided if removed" sticker.

For anyone else that's got one of these, how did the box come? was it shrinkwrapped with that really flimsy stuff? I'm pretty sure mine has already been opened. It seems to work now though - I'm debating on sending an email back discussing these problems or just cutting my losses as is and sticking it out.

it was covered with alot of regular construction paper has bubble wrap surrounding the box. there was no hole or knife mark to speak of and it came in pristine condition even though the shipping method for the psu was less than favored

hrm, I'm wondering if they sent me a returned unit since I tried to cancel my order, assuming I was gonna refuse or something.

86reddawg said:

mine came in a oversized box with a bunch of paper as packing material, however the unit was undamaged and in "tight" shrink wrap. looked as new as it could be. havent tested the unit though, since rest of my parts are arriving tomorrow.

Can't use google checkout while it's out of stock :(

Oh well, I don't have the rest of the parts anyways.

This is how mine came, FWIW

boxed.jpg

No response from customer service yet, surprise surprise.

Temporarily Sold Out.
More inventory may be available. Place your order today and be one of the first to receive this product when it arrives!

Buy.com is notoriously slow for shipping. Things take 2 weeks to get to me, unlike NewEgg that takes about 3 days.

Not to derail the thread, but it surprises me how wasteful retailers have become when it comes to shipping, only to turn around and increase shipping rates on us. Anyone who received the Dell deal with the USB Drive and Surge Protector will know what I'm talking about. Amazon and Buy.com are two of the worst offenders of using oversized boxes.

Back