Corsair HX1000

esCo_

Gawd
Joined
Apr 29, 2012
Messages
664
These power supply good and reliable? I have one and want to know what I can expect of it. Thanks
 
5 year warranty, can't go wrong.

And the mean time between failures is 100,000 hours (11 years).
 
What are you powering that you need 1000 watts for?
 
What are you powering that you need 1000 watts for?

Honestly not much. As I said it is overkill but I got this PSU at a steal. 100 bucks and it was BNIB replacement from Corsair. Sent to previous owner from RMAing his prior psu. It was either this or I try to run 2 psus. I am powering a 2550K and 1 GTX560SC. I will hopefully be either upgrading my GPU or going sli so I wanted atleast 850W. This was my best bet for a psu. My previous ones were a Cooler Master 460W and a Cooler Master 500W. The 500W I think is faulty because I would get random reboots with no warnings on my previous build which was nothing compared to this, Amd Athlon II X4 635 and a GTS450.
 
Also how does the warranty work with Corsair in case of RMA issues? As I said this is bought off a forum member from a different forum so I have no receipt or nothing. Do I need to register it or anything? Or if it breaks I just send it in and they either send me a new one or fix it?
 
As I recall, Corsair is serial based, so no receipt required. It's based on date of manufacture.

If you got it for a good deal, then okay. But your system doesn't need any more than 650 watts with two GTX 560s.
 
I'm running an HX1050, and think it may have been overkill. But, it is a fantastic unit and I've been very happy with it.

I did have to do an RMA with Corsair recently on some RAM...the experience was relatively painless. (Laptop ram, got a few bad sticks)
 
Never had any problems with Corsair power supply's and I know you won't change your mind, but with what you are running you definitely don't need to go with the motto go big or go home. With that said though, spending an extra $50 to pretty much completely future proof your system until the PSU dies is a worthy investment. But then you also have to think with all the new stuff being made to consume less power, you might never get to actually use over 60% of the wattage output.
 
Back
Top