Corsair H80 - replacement thermal pad?

rmfa

Limp Gawd
Hello, all!

I'm looking to buy a replacement thermal pad for my Corsair H80. I mistakenly peeled the original one off and put some Artic Silver that has never worked near as well. Does anyone have a suggestion on where I can buy these? I'd really like to have the original one that came on there or as close to it as possible. Thanks in advance,

Wait, what?

I have an H80, and it never had a thermal pad on it. It had that printed on thermal paste when it was new, and when I re-mounted it, I just wiped it clean and used new stuff.

h80i-5b.jpg

In fact, you shouldn't be reusing that printed on stuff. It's for your first mount only. Always wipe clean (with isopropyl alcohol, and don't touch it afterwards) and use fresh paste for every mount.

Even old white silicon paste should outperform a thermal pad.

Are you sure you are getting a good mount?

um yeah the oem paste is silk screened on at the factory. gamersnexus did a whole vid on it. as stated above, clean it and put on something new. as5 does have a break in period so keep that in mind and make sure its tightened down good. if you want to skip the as5 get some mx4 or notuca.

you are probably applying too thick.
use a glove on your finger, and BARELY apply a very thin "see through" coat.

OP if you want to receive the same level of cooling performance as with the original TIM you should use a very thin layer carefully and evenly spreaded of Shin Etsu X23-7783 which its the same used by Corsair... That TIM it's actually one of best non-conductive and non-liquid metal TIM on the market, that's why once people change it, they never receive the same results.

Back