Corsair H70

Silverghost

2[H]4U
So I just installed the H70 today. It is thick but no big deal. The retention ring sucks. If you hand tighten the screws so the ring doesn't fall off its automatically to tight for the pump to be wedged tight, so you have to fumble with the ring and screw driver while the pump moves around smearing paste all over. The fans are not quiet, even at 1600 rpms. It has air in it that I had to slosh around. That worked for about a minute and now the pump buzz/clicks.

It has been a long evening. Does Corsair have advance RMA?

So I just installed the H70 today. It is thick but no big deal. The retention ring sucks. If you hand tighten the screws so the ring doesn't fall off its automatically to tight for the pump to be wedged tight, so you have to fumble with the ring and screw driver while the pump moves around smearing paste all over. The fans are not quiet, even at 1600 rpms. It has air in it that I had to slosh around. That worked for about a minute and now the pump buzz/clicks.

I've just installed mine in a FT02 case. The retention ring was really easy to use, but I guess this will vary greatly depending on your case. Mine also did a sloshing sound when moving the radiator, but thankfully the pump does not buzz or clicks.

About the fans, they suck. They are really noisy at full speed, and a little better at low RPM. Event at low, they produce more noise (or a more annoying noise) than two GTX480 when playing...

Hope your replacement is better!

Yeah, I am running the stock fans on it while I wait on my GT's to become available. My H70 is pretty quiet on stock fans and I am getting great cooling. 35C with a 4.0GHz OC and 76C with prime 95 load for 8 hours.

Yeah, I am running the stock fans on it while I wait on my GT's to become available. My H70 is pretty quiet on stock fans and I am getting great cooling. 35C with a 4.0GHz OC and 76C with prime 95 load for 8 hours.

I'm also looking for GTs to replace the stock fans, but they are BO everywhere I've looked... Are you getting the 1850RPM or the 1450RPM? Beside the noise, I really like the H70.

I have GT 1850 RPMs on my H70... I didn't try the Corsair fans so I can't compare, but even the GTs, when first hearing them sounded louder to me than any previous fan I've had on my system. Now I've gotten used to them though and they don't bother me at all.

I'm still going to buy a fan controller at some point to manage the sound levels though.

I'm also looking for GTs to replace the stock fans, but they are BO everywhere I've looked... Are you getting the 1850RPM or the 1450RPM? Beside the noise, I really like the H70.

I am going to get the GT15 which is the 1850rpm. I'm happy with the H70 too, good temps with my OC.

Got my new H70. Much better! I really like it. Except the retention ring. It was still a pain even the second time around.

Where did you all get your H70s? Is TDs deal right now a good time to jump on it? I'm thinking of trading my Cooler Master V8 for a H70 now that I got some stuff sold and have money in my PP account and I could prolly get half my money back from selling the V8. Right now, it's only keeping my i7 920 D0 @ 3.9 GHz at around 80°C-85°C (ambient temp is around 80°F though) at 100% load, which it's at 24/7 since I'm a big folder. If I push it any faster, then my CPU throttles the multiplier down to 12x :(.

So you think i should bite on this?

eh yeah, my H70 was great with the exception of getting the Corsair emblem correct on the cpu...what a pain..but its working really well, I used different fans and its very quiet. AND I installed the Rad upside down as it made it easier to clear things and get the emblem looking good on the board - took some doing though.

TriSLiBeastCompleted.jpg

I have to agree about the rentention ring troubles. That was a real pain in the ass. I am happy with the results though. My 980x 4.1 GHz idles at 35C.

Why is 76c on prime considered great temps? My setup never gets over 40c...

I'm sorry, I find that hard to believe with a 4.7 overclock on your 980x. Are you talking CPU temp or Core temp? I'm also assuming since you replied in this H70 post you are using the H70. Correct me if I'm wrong.

My H70 gurgles slightly all the time. How it sounds is subjective, as I cannot hear the fans in my Silverstone SG03 at all @ 1600rpm. Going to replace them with Silverstone 'dimple' fans and boost the fan speed and see.

I love both of my H50's... seeing that H70 in that case makes me really want one. :|

I guess I'll have to get one when I get a 980x.

This comes close to 70C at 3.9GHz on my 1055T. But I suspect its because I'm setup for exhaust and a I have a really high ambient. 26-27C

installed no problems, the ring was easy, i locked it in place around the block and screwd in, no moving or twisting for me.

the stock fans are loud though, i assume cause of how close they are to the rad.

i have high ambient during the day, right now is maybe 17-18C outside, cold and rainy and i am at 49C with F@H running and only at 3.51Ghz

Mine also gurrgles now and then, cause it seems there is air in the loop, perhaps too much, i think they could of topped it off some more.

can we fill these things our selves if we want?

installed no problems, the ring was easy, i locked it in place around the block and screwd in, no moving or twisting for me.

the stock fans are loud though, i assume cause of how close they are to the rad.

i have high ambient during the day, right now is maybe 17-18C outside, cold and rainy and i am at 49C with F@H running and only at 3.51Ghz

Mine also gurrgles now and then, cause it seems there is air in the loop, perhaps too much, i think they could of topped it off some more.

can we fill these things our selves if we want?

I have read that some people modded their H70, but I would not recommend it.

Corsair did offer me an advanced RMA for my H50 a couple months ago but you have to ask when you call

FYI modding your H70 will void the warranty

I just picked up the H70 at Microcenter for my i7 950. It is way better than the stock intel cooler, by like 40C ;) ! With my processor at 4.0ghz I get 69C running Prime95. That is with the fans going full blast. Idle is 36-38C.

I think the OP is doing it wrong.......but correct on fan noise for sure.

I guess I'm the only person who thinks my H70 is quiet as far as fans go. It's wrapped in a SG03 case too.

Zyklon808: Any photos of your H70 in a SG03? I'm assuming you mounted it on the top behind the 5.25 bay?

Thanks for the pics!
But you're using an ITX board, no wonder you have space to mount the rad on the front. Even the H50 is abit tight there because of the ATX connector location on mATX boards. :p

eh yeah, my H70 was great with the exception of getting the Corsair emblem correct on the cpu...what a pain..but its working really well, I used different fans and its very quiet. AND I installed the Rad upside down as it made it easier to clear things and get the emblem looking good on the board - took some doing though.

TriSLiBeastCompleted.jpg

Would you mind telling us what replacement fans you used to quiet her down?

Thanks,
Raz

What fans are everyone using with their H70's? I love the temps i'm getting, but the noise is much louder than I prefer to deal with.

i had no problems with mine, ring was easy to put on and install, i think some people need to work on their installation abilities.

place ring in grooves around pump, hold pump just above CPU with holes lined up for screws, slowly screw down each screw opposite each other, done.

these things are junk like all asetek products

I've used countless Asetek products and they aren't junk.

CoolIT, on the other hand, is complete junk. The Domino ALC has a 100% fail rate.

The H70 and H50 have great build quality and are excellent products that work as advertised. I dunno why you're sour grapes.

Back