Corsair H50 w/ LGA 1156 socket

dmw16

Limp Gawd
Does anyone know for sure if there is a bracket for mounting the H50 to an LGA1156 motherboard? Some sites claim to sell the H50 w/ an LGA1156 bracket, but then customer reviews seem to indicate otherwise.

I can't find concise information one way or the other. Can anyone confirm?

Thanks.

I will let you know tonight whether it has one or not. I am picking one up at Best Buy after work. I think it also depends on how old the inventory they have is. Corsair is starting to send out the CWH50's which have the brackets for 1156 and 1366. I am getting mine for 775 so I am not worried, but I will still let you know.

I picked one up from a Best Buy this morning and it does indeed have the LGA1156 bracket. It is noted on the outside of the box for compatibility. It also has the '-1' which denotes that it is the model w/ the bracket.

Thanks for the feedback. I have a 25% off "accessories" coupon from my employer (some appreciation month thing). If the H50 qualifies that is a good deal. Figure if it doesn't have an LGA1156 bracket I can take it back and I also can check for the "-1".

Last edited:
the "-1" at the end of the model number is supposed to dictate that it is a retail package and not the oem.

Looks like there are two revisions of H50 floating around. One comes with the 1156 brackets while the other doesn't.

I have seen both. I like the 775 socket design much better. better design IMO.

Yup, went to BB today and picked up one with the -1 on the label and it says it fits the 1156. It feels damn odd to buy a CPU cooler from BB, heh.

I bought mine from ZZF last week and it was the none updated pack. Only had the LGA775 and LGA1366 brackets.

How much are you guys buying your H50 from bestbuy?

I bought mine from ZZF last week and it was the none updated pack. Only had the LGA775 and LGA1366 brackets.

How much are you guys buying your H50 from bestbuy?

If your H50 didn't come with a 1156 bracket and you need one here is the link to get one.

https://shop.corsair.com/store/item_view.aspx?id=1150701

ZZF has the best deals on the H50 right now. :cool:

Also the mount bracket your H50 came with are much nicer than the revised H50 IMO. However if they don't fit then contact Corsair to get the one that you need.

Does corsair have plans for a revised version of this soon?
It's not quite as good (cooling wise) as one would expect.
I mean it's great, but for water I was hoping for a little better.

It's really not going to outperform a TRUE or any high-end air cooling, but I paid $50 for mine from Frys and you won't get anything that will fit into compact cases / be as quiet as this is and perform as well as it does.

It's an alternative, not a replacement for high-end air coolers.

the "-1" at the end of the model number is supposed to dictate that it is a retail package and not the oem.

No... the -1 is revision 1. It includes a new retention system (metal brackets, and tabs). All others remain the same.

The H50 uses 1 universal backplate and bracket for all 775/1156/1366 applications, and 1 universal backplate and bracket for AM3/AM2+. Whichever tabs, screws, and studs one needs to setup depends on the socket you need to use.

Last edited:
It's really not going to outperform a TRUE or any high-end air cooling, but I paid $50 for mine from Frys and you won't get anything that will fit into compact cases / be as quiet as this is and perform as well as it does.

It's an alternative, not a replacement for high-end air coolers.

It competes with high-end air coolers (how can something be an alternative and not a replacement?). From my experience with Megahalems and H50s, their temps are basically the same. Sub 60 LinX loads in 70F ambient on stock w/ an i7 920. The difference is that the H50 keeps idle temps much better, temperatures do not jump and fluctuate insanely like the Megahalems. Also, air coolers dump heat into your case which then needs to be removed. It inevitably results in higher case temps.

PS. I have a Megahalem for sale with all accessories and extra fan clips. ;)

Yeah that's what I read, it's fairly comparable to megahalem revb, many say better in some ways.
But Meghalem is no longer the Air crown holder, most people seem to suggest VX & D14 is...

Hence the reason I asked if there's a revised/improved version.

Last edited:
i just picked up a h50 in liverpool bout 40 mins from me and it does indeed have everything you need. the intel bracket is a Multi bracket

i didnt install it yet im wondering how does it compare to the cooler master hyper 212 plus

Yeah that's what I read, it's fairly comparable to megahalem revb, many say better in some ways.
But Meghalem is no longer the Air crown holder, most people seem to suggest VX & D14 is...

Hence the reason I asked if there's a revised/improved version

Ask and yeah shall receive! :D
http://www.overclock.net/water-cool...-h50-hydro-series-owners-270.html#post8330587

Apparently Asetek don't use water like the Corsair...
Wack some better fans on + some shrouds, and we're prolly quickly getting into VX or D14 territory!

Does Corsair have plans for a revised H50 soon?
They should as it looks like the CoolIT Eco may surpass it (so long as they can get quality control right this time!)

With some mods a H50 can match or surpass the Megahalem Rev.B.
But there are arguably even better coolers than the Megahalem now.

Also anyone come across reviews of the CoolIT Eco or Vantage?
Apparently they're better than the Domino, which was ordinary compared to the H50.

Back