the.ronin
Limp Gawd
- Joined
- Mar 25, 2008
- Messages
- 508
I recently installed a Corsair H50 and am loving it. Where my 9950 BE would idle in the mid-40s with the Zalman CNPS7700, it's now barely pushing mid-50s under Prime95. Along with a passively cooled GPU and quiet case fans, my system now runs whisper quiet even under load.
The only thing throwing me for a loop is the recommended intake position of the 120mm radiator fan for the H50. The airflow setup I now have in my Antc 300:
1x 120mm Corsair H50 radiator fan PWM (max 1700 RPM 59.05 CFM 29.75 dBA)
1x 140mm stock Antec fan (set to low 700 RPM 47 CFM 19.8 dBA) exhaust top
2x 120mm Enermax fans intake front(1000 rpm 44 CFM 17 dBA) behind filter
1x 120mm Enermax (same specs) now turned to exhaust out the side
1x 120mm Antec BP550 PSU fan exhaust bottom (fan specs unknown)
I also have Silverstone Aero Slots lining the back of the Antec 300.
Here is what the case looks like for reference (yes I know my cable management leaves much to be desired) ...
So rough math suggests serious positive pressure at +59 +44 +44 -47 -44 = +53. Although that's not counting the PSU fan nor am I compensating the intake fans for obstructions (filters on the front and radiator for the Corsair H50 fan).
Any suggestions on balancing out my airflow?
The only thing throwing me for a loop is the recommended intake position of the 120mm radiator fan for the H50. The airflow setup I now have in my Antc 300:
1x 120mm Corsair H50 radiator fan PWM (max 1700 RPM 59.05 CFM 29.75 dBA)
1x 140mm stock Antec fan (set to low 700 RPM 47 CFM 19.8 dBA) exhaust top
2x 120mm Enermax fans intake front(1000 rpm 44 CFM 17 dBA) behind filter
1x 120mm Enermax (same specs) now turned to exhaust out the side
1x 120mm Antec BP550 PSU fan exhaust bottom (fan specs unknown)
I also have Silverstone Aero Slots lining the back of the Antec 300.
Here is what the case looks like for reference (yes I know my cable management leaves much to be desired) ...
So rough math suggests serious positive pressure at +59 +44 +44 -47 -44 = +53. Although that's not counting the PSU fan nor am I compensating the intake fans for obstructions (filters on the front and radiator for the Corsair H50 fan).
Any suggestions on balancing out my airflow?
Last edited: