Corsair H100

Discussion in 'Water Cooling' started by lukx, Aug 23, 2012.

1. lukx

lukx Limp Gawd

I want to buy H100 but I need to use it in my microATX case so I won't be able to fit radiator inside. I don't have any experience in water cooling so my question might be stupid. Is it okay to have radiator outside the case? Or maybe can you give advice what woudl be good microAtx case that will fit H100?

2. mundivalur

mundivalur n00b

It is ok to have radiator outside the case if it is possible,but you know that the tubes on the H100 are non removable ! And what microATX case are you using now?

3. Tsumi

Tsumi [H]ardForum Junkie

Non-removable tubes will make that impossible. Just get the H80, it's almost as good as the H100. In all likelihood, you don't need the cooling power of the H100 anyways. If you do need better/quieter cooling power, invest in some Gentle Typhoons.

4. Runamok81

Runamok81 [H]Lite

I wouldn't say it's impossible. But... maybe not practical. You just need to be able to thread the corsair water block into the case from the outside. I think the corsair water block will fit in through a 120mm hole.

5. PureQuaternion

PureQuaternion [H]Lite

Agreed: just go H60 or H80. The tubing on the unit is a bit stiffer than it looks. It'll flex enough to mount properly, but I wouldn't want to try making sharp turns with it.