Corsair H100 Available at NewEgg

what are you talkin aboot?

Get him, fellas! Say you love Nascar!

On topic, though, I am really really trying to choose between this and the much-ballyhooed Epic 180. I'm under the impression that the 180 has better temps, but the H100 seems to be easier to install for a number of cases.

Get him, fellas! Say you love Nascar!

On topic, though, I am really really trying to choose between this and the much-ballyhooed Epic 180. I'm under the impression that the 180 has better temps, but the H100 seems to be easier to install for a number of cases.

there is about a $100-150 diff in price also... once you figure in the shipping price. unless the 180 has come down from its $200 price tag and $43 shipping cost.

So Friday rolls around. I get paid today, no H100s in Stock at newegg or amazon(at retail) edit: also out of stock at Frozencpu. Filco keyboard purchase earlier this week tricked me. : (

So Friday rolls around. I get paid today, no H100s in Stock at newegg or amazon(at retail) edit: also out of stock at Frozencpu. Filco keyboard purchase earlier this week tricked me. : (

The H100s at frozen wont be out til august.

I have the H60. Worth it to move up to the H100?

Are these definitely better than just standard air cooling?

The H100s at frozen wont be out til august.

they were taking preorders when newegg was selling them. so infact all the ones that frozencpu will have on the 1st are already sold out.

so unless frozen cpu gets new stock on the 1st which i doubt looks like people that didtn order within the first 2 days will be out of luck until a anew shipment goes out.

Man...I've been trying to place an order for several upgrades and it keeps failing using my prefered account. What ends up happening? Stuff goes out of sale, lose their rebates and or go out of stock! Needles to say the H100 went out of stock... Cause hey they have to investigate if my shipping/billing address is real...yeah the one I've been using for the past 5+ years with them to order parts...gosh (this is with newegg)

why doesnt corsair just let us oprder through them.

corsair prob prefers to make thier retail distribution partners happy and give them the first available stock once things settle down im sure they will be on the corsair site instock.

retail partners happy = they will most likely stock future corsair products which means they will make more money in the long run having a wider influence than just selling it direct from thier website.

Man...I've been trying to place an order for several upgrades and it keeps failing using my prefered account. What ends up happening? Stuff goes out of sale, lose their rebates and or go out of stock! Needles to say the H100 went out of stock... Cause hey they have to investigate if my shipping/billing address is real...yeah the one I've been using for the past 5+ years with them to order parts...gosh (this is with newegg)

That's harsh man. I guess it's not a super big deal for me since I still have to wait on graphics cards to come out to finish my build. : P

Just got done installing the H100 (Wouldve had it done sooner, but power went out due to storms and I fell asleep anyway LOL)

Anyway, I didnt have any more screws to install a 2nd set of fans.

Idle so far: 29-30
Full 100% load (prime95): 45

speed: 3.8ghz

I guess thats not too shabby?

Well I ran into clearance issues with my mobo (asus maximus iv extreme-z) and trying to do push/pull.

With 4 fans, the bottom 2 fans cover the 8pin connector on the mobo and some other connectors (fan connectors), basically making it virtually impossible to connect the 8pin mobo cable inside the 650D case.

Damn. Guess my only choice is to either only do 2 fans or get a bigger case that has more clearance from top to mobo.

Install the bottom 2 fans first and then the top 2, you should be fine...

the question is, is it worth the price of another case to get 2 more fans on there?

if you decide not to do push and pull, ill take athlons fans :p

wow if the temps at prime the guy that reviewed are right at an 930 @1.44v this is a Super cooler

Install the bottom 2 fans first and then the top 2, you should be fine...

So you have a H100 in a 650D right? Are you saying you have a push/pull config going on? Are all your fans in your case? Or are two on top of the case? Or are you even using 4 fans, lol?

Reason I'm asking is cause I am curious how much clearance you have from the top of your case to the nearest part on your motherboard or whatever is closest to the top. I was thinking about getting this, or the XSPC RS240 kit, I know it will fit. But I'd really like to get the rX240 kit, the radiator is much thicker. I just don't think it will fit. :( Guess I'm gonna have to bust out the measuring tape.

But if you do have 4 fans all inside your case, then I am impressed. Maybe there is more room in my 650D than I thought...

my h100 is shipping from frozencpu on the 1st. woot

im going to compare the thermal paste it comes with, with some Shin Etsu 7783D then im going to lap the cpu i have for fun see if it gets any better yet.

HAF 922 if all the fans dont fit inside the case the pulling fans will be ontop outside of the case.

hey Wildace, could you start a new thread when you get yours? I have a HAF922 also and it would be nice to see a thread with just that case with lots of nice pics.

What cpu are you using and what MHz is it at?

So you have a H100 in a 650D right? Are you saying you have a push/pull config going on? Are all your fans in your case? Or are two on top of the case? Or are you even using 4 fans, lol?

Yes, I have a H100 and a 650D
No I dont have 4 fans running, how would I? I stated that 2 fans wouldnt fit with the mobo I have, As it covers the majority of the 8pin connector. Unless theres a VERY tiny 8pin connector I can use, Then I cant use 4 fans.

But if you do have 4 fans all inside your case, then I am impressed. Maybe there is more room in my 650D than I thought...

No, I only have 2 on the H100 at the present time as 4 wont fit inside.

hey Wildace, could you start a new thread when you get yours? I have a HAF922 also and it would be nice to see a thread with just that case with lots of nice pics.

What cpu are you using and what MHz is it at?

yeah im sure i can do that.

the system specs are.

Crosshair V ( gets here on the 3rd)
Phenom II X4 955 BE (CACAC AC 1110APM) just got here yesterday.
16GB 4x4GB G.Skill Rip Jaws
Corsair 750watt
2x 1GB 6870's
60GB OCZ vertex 2
4x 640GB AALS WD HDD's in Raid 0
Black Magic intensity Pro HD capture card.
HAF922 case

2x 2tb / 1x 1.5tb / 1x 500gb External HDD

I will be putting it together as soon as the H100 arrives which its expected to on the 3rd or 4th.

im going to test the cpu out a bit before i lap it.

The 955 is just a place holder for a Bulldozer when they arrive. I plan to lap the bulldozer also which is why im lapping the 955 to get some practice in heh.

I contacted Corsair directly - tubing is 12" long and 3/8" in diameter.

I am disappointed - the tubing is not long enough to work with my PC. Guess I'll be looking for something custom after all. :(

The corrugated tubing is used due to its superior low evaporation rates, allowing for a longer lifespan.

Mine just arrived today from Newegg - will probably be a few days before I can install it but I can't wait to see what this thing can do.

Back