Corsair Graphite Series 600T mid-tower gaming case

I’m no Corsair fanboy, but I’ll have to admit, this+H70+AX850+a dominators set sounds like a perfect choice for me. Corsir is a proof it’s easy to own the enthusiast market and I hope they’ll expand to manufacturing mobo’s and video cards.

Hah! It's definitely not easy to own the enthusiast market, and we certainly don't own it, but thanks.

Our PSUs are great, but that's a huge challenge to do. It's tough to keep making good PSUs (ones that are slightly better than the last ones each generation) without running into a wall.

Cases are tough too because they're so subjective - the things that some people like are things that other people hate.

Cooling, Memory, SSD, Flash Drives - these things are all huge challenges, and our company's doing great but we're always trying to do better. Which is why part of my week involves reading these forums and helping people develop parts to match your guys' needs.

Which is in progress on the case side of things, as well as every other side.

We've only been in the case business for a year, remember - and only have two products right now. Guys who've been at it for 10 years or more have literally dozens of products out there, so we have a way to go before we make any kind of dent.

I’m no Corsair fanboy, but I’ll have to admit, this+H70+AX850+a dominators set sounds like a perfect choice for me. Corsir is a proof it’s easy to own the enthusiast market and I hope they’ll expand to manufacturing mobo’s and video cards.
i have to agree as i to have ordered much the same just w/o the h70

hehehe looks like the 600t is making a much bigger plash than the tj11 case thread lol sounds about right,

EDIT

If y'all can come up with a side window and also if y'all can come up with the rumored 600d obsidian mid tower you would have 2 sales most likely more right there on my behalf alone.

hehehe looks like the 600t is making a much bigger plash than the tj11 case thread lol sounds about right,

When official photos are released the TJ11 buzz will increase.
What will keep it from growing a lot is not many people will be able to afford it.
The 600T is going to be Corsair's cash cow to fund other projects.

Last edited:
tj11 first images thread

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1522144

And you are so right i have to admit that corsair reminds me of nzxt a superior product for a good price the price on the 600t and the 800d are great and i think the cases are very sexy and the lines are pretty amazing. On one hand you have the whole lian li but much more attractive case and on the other you have a sleek case designed more for the user than for looks

Redbeard-

Am I going to be able to pick this case up at my local Fry's? Or will I have to order it online...? Also, will a side panel solution be available immediately when the cases hit the shelves?:confused:

Well I think I'm gonna make a decision here. I think I am gonna sell my 800D and get a 600T.

So when the 600T launches officially, I am gonna get 1. Hopefully they will make a side window for it.

Redbeard-

Am I going to be able to pick this case up at my local Fry's? Or will I have to order it online...? Also, will a side panel solution be available immediately when the cases hit the shelves?:confused:

Not sure if fry's has ordered yet, but I'm sure they will eventually. As for side panels, it'll probably be about a month or so later.

-Redbeard

If y'all are coming out with the new ones what will happen to the old ones??
What I am asking is Corsair had to make a case to take pictures so the public could make comments on them so that Corsair could build a case more like what the public wants and then put them into production. So the first 5or 6 or however many of the original cases will be done what with? Because I may not like the new front I may want exactly what is in the picks so can I buy one of the originals?? Then down the road a side panel if i want or is the rough draft (original) going to be destroyed?? What will happen to them? Surely corsair will do something with them.

When official photos are released the TJ11 buzz will increase.
What will keep it from growing a lot is not many people will be able to afford it.
The 600T is going to be Corsair's cash cow to fund other projects.
I agree with you I think it is wise of Corsair to build a small consumer gaming case so they can use the money to finance other cases,or whatever....mid-tower 800d..cough.....cough lol

I think that these big people like silverstone and lian li need to take a break if they don't make a smaller simpler pc case they will lose business but i have to say corsair has a noose around every other pc case or memory psu etc company i know of i have a horrible time trying to get in touch with them but corsair has reps out and about listening getting feedback and reviewing so they can build just for us. It will guarantee there product to succeed.

That's the prototype. The final looks a lot like that but with a few changes. (mesh on front panel is opened up a bit for better cooling, for example).

That's probably about 90% accurate though.
I can't wait to see the finished product! :cool: :D :D

I must be getting a bit impatient as I almost canceled my preorder for the 600T and order a 700D instead. Decided to stick with the 600T though, I think I'll be happier in the end with the smaller case. On the bright side I should get my HX850 and 4GB of Dominator today along with an i5 560 and an eVGA P55 FTW. The MB box might have to serve as my case for a few weeks.

DONT DO IT youll regret it you always regret the things you do when you make decisions like that id just take a crap case and put a desk fan blowing on it and wait for the 600t

EDIT P.S. i always regret stuff like that.

I must be getting a bit impatient as I almost canceled my preorder for the 600T and order a 700D instead. Decided to stick with the 600T though, I think I'll be happier in the end with the smaller case. On the bright side I should get my HX850 and 4GB of Dominator today along with an i5 560 and an eVGA P55 FTW. The MB box might have to serve as my case for a few weeks.

I can understand that - the 700D price points are creeping lower and lower, you can find them under $200 sometimes. But not everyone wants (or needs) a full tower case.

As for your earlier question, Alonan, of course certain products will be taken off the market eventually, but with cases they typically have a long lifespan because of the initial costs of tooling and the need to amortize those costs over years of production.

For example, let's say it costs $1 million to tool a case. Then you sell 5,000 cases a month.

If you only sell that case for 1 year, or 60,000 units, that's $16 per case for tooling costs that gets added on.

If you sell that case for 4 years, or 240,000 units, that's about $4 per case for tooling costs that gets added on.

Coincidentally, this is one reason why some older cases can sell for a lot cheaper than they did when they were launched.

But that being said, since we only have 2 (and soon 3) cases on the market, I don't foresee us killing anything off too soon. It takes over a year to design a case from scratch and get things right - so roadmaps have to be pretty far out. I'm planning stuff now for 2012 and 2013.

The Phantom is pretty nice/click to, but seriously how can cases nowadays not have at 8 PCI expansion slots. Especially when Midtowers can sport them.

One of the things that has me almost sold on the 600T. Just wanna see the cooling performance. Gotta think of my fermi baby(hopefully plural down the road)

hey Redbeard, any chance of a little sneak peak at the 600T side window?
I didn't like the curve and not hiding the bottom area in the 800D and hope the 600T would have something similar to the TJ07 window.

I can understand that - the 700D price points are creeping lower and lower, you can find them under $200 sometimes. But not everyone wants (or needs) a full tower case.

As for your earlier question, Alonan, of course certain products will be taken off the market eventually, but with cases they typically have a long lifespan because of the initial costs of tooling and the need to amortize those costs over years of production.

For example, let's say it costs $1 million to tool a case. Then you sell 5,000 cases a month.

If you only sell that case for 1 year, or 60,000 units, that's $16 per case for tooling costs that gets added on.

If you sell that case for 4 years, or 240,000 units, that's about $4 per case for tooling costs that gets added on.

Coincidentally, this is one reason why some older cases can sell for a lot cheaper than they did when they were launched.

But that being said, since we only have 2 (and soon 3) cases on the market, I don't foresee us killing anything off too soon. It takes over a year to design a case from scratch and get things right - so roadmaps have to be pretty far out. I'm planning stuff now for 2012 and 2013.
-Redbeard

Respectively

I am not sure you are getting my point.

This case right here is not the final version corsair has made changes to this series of case pre production.
4191-7797-thickbox.jpg

so what is corsair going to do with the exact case in this photo right here as it is not the production model. This is one of probably less than a hundred cases and will not be produced ever b/c of the newer modifications before release.

So what I am getting at is if I want this case right here in the pick (and not the more finalized production model) what am I going to have to do to get it say I don't like the more opened up mesh front or whatever I like the case right here before modding what will happen with it.

Can I get one of these rough drafts??? If so how?

I know that this case is not to be the production model and is only a guideline for the final chassis but I would like to have one of these. Corsair may not want it out and about but I am here to tell you if it gets out that y'all had the case I own (if I had one) but made modifications because of the peoples request that make you guys look pretty good shows you care about your customers,and are not just some other hardware manufacturer out to make a buck. Also any thing corsair makes is good a rough draft of a beautiful chassis is a testament to corsairs patience time and effort to build a truly stunning piece of equipment.

-Redbeard

I am not sure you are getting my point.

so what is corsair going to do with the exact case in this photo right here as it is not the production model. This is one of probably less than a hundred cases and will not be produced ever b/c of the newer modifications before release.

So what I am getting at is if I want this case right here in the pick (and not the more finalized production model) what am I going to have to do to get it say I don't like the more opened up mesh front or whatever I like the case right here before modding what will happen with it.

Can I get one of these rough drafts??? If so how?

Okay, I see. Sorry man, but we're not going to be distributing the prototypes of our products. They're prototypes for a reason - some of the parts break or didn't work right, so we had to fix it all on the final version.

Wish we could see a pic of the final version so we know what to expect.

I have some coming in this week, I'll take an unofficial pic in the lab. We have a whole new photo shoot scheduled for next week.

Trust me, it doesn't look different really - it's the functional stuff that has been improved (like door panel gaps and latching, etc)

Redbeard,

When using a radiator/fan set up at the top of the case, does the top panel fit back on or will it have to stay removed?

I *LOVE* that case. Side mounted HDDs, cable management galore, sufficient cooling and one big fan control on the front of the case.

I'm glad I didn't jump on the FT02.

Fits back on even with the fans on the outside.
ok now that goes hard man like the cmos is but without the modding lol nice very nice much bigger on the inside than the out. what can we be expecting in the price range for the new cae about the same as the old one??

-Redbead

on the windowed units coming ot later will the cases actually come with windows or just have windowed side panels you can buy?? Or both

sounds like pure awesomeness.
how much does the case weigh in at???
estimating 22ibs most.

so close well ok 6lbs off no biggie so we are thinking close to 40 or 45 loaded at max not bad sure beats my cosmos weighing in a a whopping 63lbs loaded need less to say it don't go nowhere lol.

so we have 28 lbs of PURE DEFINED AWESOMENESS

Last edited:
Redbeard,

It's good to hear that the top panel will accomodate a radiator/fan set up. I do have a follow up question. With a double 120mm radiator mounted on the inside top of the case, will a second 1x120mm radiator and fan fit on the inside rear of the case?

Back