Corsair Force Series 3 CSSD-F120GB3-BK 120GB SATA III SSD $159 @ Newegg

burningrave101

[H]F Junkie
The last batch of these had some issues but Corsair issued a recall and these should be the newer fixed drives. I haven't read reviews for the drive yet to see how it compares to the other top performance SSD's on the market but looks like a pretty slick deal for a 120gb SSD.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820233181

Use promo code BTEKDHK28 for 10% off if you got the email. Includes $30 MIR.

Total: $158.99 After Rebate with Free Shipping

code doesn't work for me

Yeah, reading through the thread over at SlickDeals it seems you have to just try it and see if it works for you if you didn't get the e-mail. It worked fine for me but I've placed several large orders at Newegg the past week or two and customer appreciation coupons tend to be sent out to people who've recently placed an order.

Thanks, I had another 10% code from Newegg for a first time Purchase. MEMKNURJUN11, no one can probably use it though.

$159.99 and updated firmware = Win.

Glad I waited on these, avoided the issues and saved money.
But I still think Corsair needs to protect themselves in the future against issues like this, by making sure Sandforce does the proper QC before supplying their firmware to distributors/manufactures.

I snagged one of these just before the recall knowing they had problems. Corsair was GREAT in getting it fixed and a new retail one out to me. It took longer than I liked, but realistically, it wasn't that bad. A couple days to identify the problem, then they started the recall -- they paid for shipping both ways... it wasn't THAT bad.

In the end, I'm *VERY* happy with the drive. It's fast, thats for sure!

It took longer than I liked, but realistically, it wasn't that bad.

Way different then my experience. I'm in KS so took 4 days to get it to CA, then Corsair lost the drive. I had to call them with the tracking number. It took them 2 days to go find it, then another 3 days before they gave it to UPS. It's scheduled for delivery this Friday.

I'm going to jump ship next drive and buy OCZ.

I usually get their newsletter but i didnt get the code. I would totally jump on this if the code worked. *hint* *hint* newegg.

tried to buy it just now only to find that it was dead. i got the email on monday and code expired tuesday.

Way different then my experience. I'm in KS so took 4 days to get it to CA, then Corsair lost the drive. I had to call them with the tracking number. It took them 2 days to go find it, then another 3 days before they gave it to UPS. It's scheduled for delivery this Friday.

I'm going to jump ship next drive and buy OCZ.

OCZ had the same bug in the Vertex 3 with subpar customers service. Ignored a few refund/return requests and in some cases offered partial refunds.
For CS alone, I'll stay with Corsair.

I usually try not to let Newegg reviews persuade me, but whats up with the 3/5?

The first batch of SSDs firmware was caused problems for users.
The new batch of SSDs has the updated firmware that fixes the problems.

So the first couple of reviews were bad, but the most recent ones are rated higher because of the fix.

So is it safe to say that if I buy on the egg now, the firmware issue will be fixed, making this drive a 5/5?

So is it safe to say that if I buy on the egg now, the firmware issue will be fixed, making this drive a 5/5?

The firmware issue is fixed on the stock at newegg. The last time they were on sale (maybe 3-4 weeks ago?), they were pulled rather quickly becuase Corsair identified a problem with the drive. The stock they didn't sell were returned to corsair. About a week ago, newegg notified customers who bought this drive that they had replaced their stock with the newer fixed version of the drive that requried a hardware and software update to resolve the problem.

Anyone who managed to buy a faulty drive could either return it to newegg for money back, or to corsair for a new (retail) boxed drive.

I have zero complaints regarding the one I made. It's fast, it's a good size, and it gets the job done. I'd buy another in a heartbeat.

woot in for one of these, pretty sweet too didnt have to pay 235 or go through the hassle of waiting for updated firmware

180 bucks for a Sata 3 SSD with specs like this is pretty unbeatable right now

That's a good deal. I bought 2 at 235 but refused delivery because the reviews were so bad (Newegg won't let you return them if you open them). But if they are fixed now then they are good deal! Too bad I already moved on to Intel SSDs or I'd scoop 2 up.

I'm new to SSD's. Will I have any trouble configuring this for the sabertooth p67?

I spoke to a Newegg representative today at 5:30 Pacific Time, and he confirmed that these were the updated drives.

Ripped from the Corsair Forums thread on this drive:

Users have asked about how they will know if they are getting a drive with the fix implemented. You can tell by looking at the first four numbers above the product part number on the UPC sticker. Anything with 1122 or lower needs to be returned. Anything with 1123 or above is good new product.

MAN! You guys that got in on this deal are some lucky/smart bastards! I should've taken the risk too! But I wasn't in the market for another SSD back on tuesday, NOW I AM!

FML :(

Let us know how those bad boys perform. There's not much literature out there on the Corsair 120 or the 240.

do they always send you those token coupons when you buy something expensive? picked up two hard drives yesterday, hopefully they'll send me an email to pick up this ssd.

then again, i may just be dumb for waiting several days to possibly save $30.

Let us know how those bad boys perform. There's not much literature out there on the Corsair 120 or the 240.

Here's the ATTO benchmark:

skDEX.png

Running great so far.

I am curious to find out on Monday if my drive is 1123 or 1124. Fingers are crossed.

I should of jumped on this. I love corsair as a company and my current ssd is a 120gb corsair. I just wanted another one for an actual games ssd but was hesitant to jump on this deal :(

Back