Corsair Force Series 3 CSSD-F120GB3-BK 120GB SATA III SSD $159 @ Newegg

Here's the ATTO benchmark:

skDEX.png

Running great so far.

Mine isn't as impressive due to it being connected to the Marvell 9128 controller on a Rampage III Extreme. I'm hoping I'll get results the same as yours once I migrate to a board with a native Intel 6Gb/s controller.

corsairforce3120gbpcie1.png

With the Marvell 9128 being stuck on a one-lane 5.0 Gb/s PCIe host interface it just can't provide the bandwidth needed for these new Sandforce drives. You can see what happens when I overclock the PCIe bus to 110Mhz:

corsairforce3120gbpcie1.png

I got my drive and its a 1123. I am hearing reports of people even with the updated drives not getting correct reads / writes.

Even the new ones still have the issues. I was ready to get one, but not after seeing they still arent fixed.

Not just these, all Sandforce drives have reliability issues.

I got my drive and its a 1123. I am hearing reports of people even with the updated drives not getting correct reads / writes

I got my replacement drive a while ago, and I'm getting about half of the transfer rate of what is being posted in this thread (200-250). I attributed that to being on a SATA2 port. I've got a SATA3 card being delivered today -- I'll do some more benchmarks with it and post back the results.

Even the new ones still have the issues. I was ready to get one, but not after seeing they still arent fixed.

Do you have any updated links? I'm definitely interested in reading about them especially considering I'm getting what I would consider crappy transfer rates (even though it's still plenty fast). As I said above, I'm not sure that it's the drive or the SATA port it's plugged into and I'll be testing some more today, but I'd really like to read up on the problem.

Do new sandy bridge laptops support SATA III? I might have to grab one of these for a Dell M6600 on the way for me.

I got my replacement drive a while ago, and I'm getting about half of the transfer rate of what is being posted in this thread (200-250). I attributed that to being on a SATA2 port. I've got a SATA3 card being delivered today -- I'll do some more benchmarks with it and post back the results.

Do you have any updated links? I'm definitely interested in reading about them especially considering I'm getting what I would consider crappy transfer rates (even though it's still plenty fast). As I said above, I'm not sure that it's the drive or the SATA port it's plugged into and I'll be testing some more today, but I'd really like to read up on the problem.
http://forum.corsair.com/v3/forumdisplay.php?f=188
Do new sandy bridge laptops support SATA III? I might have to grab one of these for a Dell M6600 on the way for me.

Yes they do.

just chat with customer support or call them and usually they'll honor the code for you

i returned mine even though it was a 1124, just didnt want to take a risk yet.
i dont feel too bad about it, i paid 209+ tax, returned that and an amd mobo for a 6core rig, got back $350 and some change.

wish there were more reviews with the updated version though. and hopefully newegg lower's their price along with ocz offering a rebate again! we can all only hope :(

I really have mixed feelings about this drive. It benches fantastic, but at $209.00 is it worth the risk?

I went with the Force GT, there is a $25 off promo code right now, and Corsair says they arent effected with the issues of the Force 3.

just got a 1123 and getting full throughput on sata3 port. happy so far.

Back