Corsair CX 430 GPU Question

paradigm.r

n00b
Hi all, I currently have a Corsair CX 430 powering a Core i5 760, and a GTX 460. Would this particular power supply be able to handle a GTX 570 or a Radeon 6970? I am looking to upgrade but I really do not feel like upgrading the PSU. Thanks in advance!

Theoretically, yes. You will definately be right at the cusp of it being too much though. How many HDDs, Opticals, Fans, etc?

CX is a builder's grade PSU. While Corsair's builder's grade PSUs might be better than average, they are still not the type of PSU you would want to run redlined. Not to mention, does that PSU even have the necessary connections to run either of those cards?

Put it this way, you are asking if you should trust a $39 PSU with a $300+ video card.

good point, although it does have a 8 pin pcie connector and I planned on using a miles to 8 pin. I have 1 Sata drive and 2 case fans. probably a bad idea. I just maxed out Max Payne 3 for the most part with great fps. I suppose I don't need to upgrade yet. maybe I should get a ssd and another hdd instead or something. I have money burning a whole in my pocket! thanks for the replies everyone!

Back