Corsair Announces New Vengeance Gaming Headsets

HardOCP News

[H] News
Corsair, a worldwide designer and supplier of high-performance components to the PC gaming hardware market, today announced their new line of Vengeance PC gaming peripherals, including three new gaming headsets. "The award-winning Corsair Gaming Series audio products have built a reputation for providing accurate, detailed audio that makes everything from games to music and movies a joy to listen to, as well as creating the situational awareness gamers need for a competitive advantage," said Andy Paul, Corsair's President and CEO. "Our new Vengeance gaming headsets continue that tradition. Everything from the sleek design and the careful choice of materials, to the obsessive focus on audio tuning is dedicated to the goal of providing a compelling experience for PC gamers who are as passionate about sound as they are about winning."

Corsair - :eek:
7.1 Surround Sound - :D
Connector: USB Type A - :mad:

Oh well, atleast we get the Stereo ones with 3.5mm.

Corsair - :eek:
7.1 Surround Sound - :D
Connector: USB Type A - :mad:

Oh well, atleast we get the Stereo ones with 3.5mm.

That's the way to go IMHO, get a good soundcard with OPAMPS on it and you're good.

I can never justify the price nor sound quality coming out of USB headsets that emulate 5.1 or 7.1 surround. I've been meaning to try out the HS1A but I've heard the lows are quite lacking, even when fine tuned.

That's the way to go IMHO, get a good soundcard with OPAMPS on it and you're good.

I can never justify the price nor sound quality coming out of USB headsets that emulate 5.1 or 7.1 surround. I've been meaning to try out the HS1A but I've heard the lows are quite lacking, even when fine tuned.

Tru.dat, even my G930 is nothing compared to ol' reliable HD555. I only put up with them because they're wireless and have a drop down mic and it's nifty side button features and convenient volume wheel. Give me a 3.5mm version any day.

Usb headsets can be a very noticable upgrade over onboard audio for people who don't want to invest a lot of money in audio equipment. However they are still a far cry away from my Beyerdynamic and Audio-gd setup :D

Yeah they are great for gaming laptops that lack any sort of decent onboard audio but I build high-end and most enthusiast boards are coming with X-Fi cards now a days.

On another note, that Corsair keyboard is pretty slick, me likey, I may just upgrade from my G19.

I wonder if the mic will still be as craptastic as the HS1 and if these Vengance headsets will ever get drivers to fix problems unlike us suckers that bough the HS1.

damn, no edit button...

To clarify, I meant that when they make a kick-ass product, that is affordable, yes. Corsair has come a long way from just making RAM back in the day. I applaud their product diversity.

I wonder if the mic will still be as craptastic as the HS1 and if these Vengance headsets will ever get drivers to fix problems unlike us suckers that bough the HS1.

Mic has been improved significantly, and we have all new software.

Redbeard is there any major difference performance wise between the HS1 and the Vengence 1500 or is it just the new appearance?

Yeah the HS1 mic sucks. I still have my old Microsoft USB headset plugged in so I can use skype. I don't know what I'm going to do once I start gaming soon...Probably going to buy a cheap 3.5mm clip mic.

I'll pass on their headsets, hated the HS1A.

I like the Corsair H60 keyboard though. I may pick one up. Love red switches.

That Vengeance 1500 looks nice...Dolby Headphone is awesome, way better than CMSS-3D IMO. Really makes you feel like you can hear 360 degree directional sound out of stereo headphones.

That said, if you have a decent Xonar card or something there's no real reason to buy these.

A couple days ago I saw the keyboards and thought they had some Logitech features.

http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1037758087&postcount=9

Now that I see more, I am convinced - the smaller headphones seem to be a G330 derivative and the mice have Logitech style wheels and DPI adjustment buttons. The kicker is the 5700 dpi sensors.

Also, the larger headphones seem like they are based on the G35 only with altered cans. Hopefully they are not as fragile.

Very interesting.

I'll pass on their headsets, hated the HS1A.
Same. I've had mine since April and have run into several problems with it; people complain that there's a lot of background noise whenever I'm talking and the wiring in my unit is faulty. The sound cuts in and out between the left and the right side and I have to constantly play with the cord in order to get things sounding like they should and not from one direction or the other. The leather on the arc of the headset is also starting to fray and come apart around the area where it meets the plastic part, near the earpieces.

I always baby all of my gear and the headset has never been abused. The worst that's happened to it is the cord getting run over by one of the wheels of my desk chair maybe once or twice (my room is carpeted, so its not even on hardwood), but that shouldn't cause any major problems like I'm having. At least it looks cool and I only spent $40 on it, but next time around I'm just going to go with an established name like Sennheiser or Audio Technica and just get a standalone microphone for when I'm on vent or whatever.

A couple days ago I saw the keyboards and thought they had some Logitech features.

Both of the companies are in the same city, Fremont, CA. Logitech's stock has taken a beating during the year, dropped by 50%. Would be a win win for both.

Yea those vengeance 1100's are definitely g330's..

This said if corsair is going to re-brand someones products at-least there doing it to the best..

Back