CORSAIR Announces Full New Range of LUX Mechanical Keyboards

HardOCP News

[H] News
CORSAIR®, a leader in high-performance gaming hardware, today announced the immediate and worldwide availability of its new LUX range of mechanical keyboards. Building on the phenomenal success of the CORSAIR K70, K70 RGB and K65, the new LUX range adds a host of new features and improvements. With enhanced lighting, USB pass-through and a back-lit optimized key cap font, CORSAIR LUX keyboards retain the core-design, premium materials and commitment to quality that has earned the CORSAIR K-series over 300 global media awards, making them the benchmark for high-performance keyboards.

Those are very nice! :D

The K65 LUX is on my radar now

Why would I get this over my current K65?

I think that's the problem with good mechanical keyboards. They'll last for years and years. I got a K70 RGB when they came out, and I don't see myself buying a new keyboard in the foreseeable future.

Oh man, I love Corsair. Have so many of their products.

But my new Logitech 910 Spectrum Mechanical RBG with the new Romer-G mechanical keys.

It's an amazingly buttery experience and I love it. It's so good I want a second one 'just in case' and they last time I felt that way about a keyboard was .... ironically the G15 Logitech.

Got very lucky and found the 910 at Best Buy last week on-sale for $109. Normal price is $179.

I knew that sudden Strafe RGB sale at Best Buy was suspicious.

Have to say, I'm not regretting buying a Strafe RGB at half price at all. The MX Silent switches are great.

I ordered my K70 LUX RGB MX Blue Nordic on June 13th. Still, the importer doesn't have a date for it. the MX Reds has been handed over the retail desks regularly since the order date. I'm beginning to think the MX blue version is purely vaporware...

I think that's the problem with good mechanical keyboards. They'll last for years and years. I got a K70 RGB when they came out, and I don't see myself buying a new keyboard in the foreseeable future.

Yeap, unless you're a hobbyist who builds, buys new switches, swaps out keycaps etc.. you will rarely ever need to buy more than 1 mechanical.

Looking good! However I'm good on KBs as well for a while. I have the K65 with browns and picked up a K70 with the rapid reds and loving it. Wife , not so much as I hammer those keys...

is there ever going to be a mechanical keyboard that's half the height? even laptop style?

I read Corsair's product page, what is the difference between this and the former RGB boards?

I thought I should add to my earlier comment in case someone searches this.
I got the K70 LUX RGB with Blue Switches shortly after I wrote the other post, so the MX Blues on these keyboards is indeed available now.
I have used it for a while, and I found that something felt odd.compared to my Func MX blues I had before this. I came to the conclusion that I REALLY don't like the keycaps on the LUX boards.
So I got a set of black translucent keycaps from MAX. It now feels like I expected, it looks better, and the lightning effects, when used, is more "fun". :)
Also, I get the exact Swedish keycap lettering, not the "nordic" version that is a little messed up with our 3 extra vowels.
I can really recommend the MAX keycaps as an upgrade for this keyboard, although it really takes the combined price to another level...

Back