Corsair Adds Cooling Fans to Product Line

Yeah, Corsair's RAM is so crappy that it's one of the premier brands to this day. :rolleyes:

Troll elsewhere.

My premier 1600 MHz DDR3 won't even post running the XMP profile anymore, so I'll post the truth when I damn well please.

A little more truth: Corsair are big fans of rebate offers they conveniently lose.

Good for you, you had a faulty product. Pretty sure there are thousands of people running it happily.

And that's funny about rebates, I just sent one in on a K90 not too long ago and got a confirmation that they received it after a week or less. Guess they didn't lose it.

they look nice but are you going to replace all the case and coolers fans with these? any plans to make a square design?

enough with the big cases, where is the ATX case with 40cm max height (before I told you A05 killer, now it should be the V700 killer)

I need 3 of the SP120 High Performance. Can you PM me a discount code? lol These will replace my scythes!

I'll test 3 of these for a discount code. :p Hell I'll probably get 3 more for my guest PC for free shipping.

My premier 1600 MHz DDR3 won't even post running the XMP profile anymore, so I'll post the truth when I damn well please.

Additionally, I will say that AFAIK Corsair has a lifetime warranty on RAM, so there is no reason why you can't RMA it.

Back to real questions....are these going to start showing up in Corsair cases?

If so, will they only show up in new case designs, or will they also begin appearing in revised older cases, as well?

Additionally, I will say that AFAIK Corsair has a lifetime warranty on RAM, so there is no reason why you can't RMA it.

They've been good on RMAs in my experience. So far I've RMA'd two products with them. In both cases, they were willing to do a cross ship when I called them.

In one case it was a PSU, and not actually their fault. There was a hum being induced in to my speakers and as best I could track it down, it was their PSU (in part because it started when it got it, also because the same hum was occurring in it). They sent me a new PSU no problem. Wasn't the PSU, it was a ground loop elsewhere that took forever to track down and made me swear off analogue connections between computer and amplifier. They didn't get all pissey or try to charge me because it was a good PSU that was sent back.

In the other case it was RAM. I got a 16GB 1600MHz Vengance kit and everything seemed good. However on having a very odd data corruption issue with my DAW software I reran memtest, for a long period this time. It turned up a single bit error on one memory address, only on two tests and only on some runs. On the forums they walked me through some various diagnostics to try and track it down, and eventually we realized that we couldn't track the stick down, because it only happened when all sticks were populated, a 2 pair wouldn't have the problem. They sent a new kit, which passes long memtests flawlessly.

So far I've been all kinds of happy with the Corsair stuff I've used, and there is quite a bit of it. I have a number of items in my system at home, but we buy it at work all the time. We had a lab full of computers that we decided to add big nVidia cards to for a class on CUDA that needed new PSUs. Picked up their cheaper CX series, and they've worked very well. We have Vengance kits in more than a few systems around here.

Their QC seems to be good, and their RMA process is uncomplicated so what is the issue?

I had 2 new fans sent to me for my H100 at no cost to me because one of the originals made a ticking noise. I felt kinda bad because the ticking noise went away the day before the new fans arrive and so I now do push/pull on my H100. That experience turned me into a loyal customer though and has put them at the top of my list for future purchases.

I really like the look of these fans, thinking of grabbing a couple to replace the ones in the PS07 I just ordered for a small work computer build.

1 vote for 140 mm, pwm, with 120 and 140 mm holes on the same frame. I don't run radiators so fan speed and noise take priority when selecting fans. Been spending my money on TY-140's and apache blacks, both excellent models.

Happy to see Corsair entering this market. Keep up the good work.

I have yet to get a corsair product that was not 100% top notch in terms of expected and perceived quality....I'll tell u what they set the bar higher then any other components manufacture that i know for this kind of product range, lets keep their feet to the fire for years to come because if we don't they'll eventually try to slip us some crap thinkin they can just because of the name

Redbeard,

Do you guys have a showroom of products at your Fremont building? I work just slightly up the road and have always contemplated going over during lunch to see if there was a showroom.

Also, how far away and at what angle was the sound level measured for the fans? Thanks!

I RMA'd them a 750TX V1 power supply, one that was spotty and having spotty voltage issues (Very intermittent, could hear the transformer clicking audibly etc randomly etc) and they replaced it without fail, took close to a month which is average for response time, but not hilariously bad like ASUS is etc and they sent me a new one. Now its a spare since I had bought 2 750TX's the two years ago cause they were on sale for $70 off that day (Both were $80 new)

Sorry let me add that if their RMA department sucked, they wouldn't have RMA'd the unit for me, since the issue cropped up maybe once every 48 hours, and couldn't be seen with voltage tests etc.

Corsair is my favorite component manufacturer, everything they touch is just perfect.

And their logo is a pirate ship, how badass is that?

Bring on the fans! I'll buy a few!

I want to see some reviews but I'd be in for a couple of the 140mm fans for my case if they end up being really good. :cool:

Couple of questions I can answer in between meetings...

1. Will we put these in cases/PSUs/CPU Coolers in the future? Potentially, where it makes sense. We could use versions of these fans leveraged across all my products (cases, cooling, PSUs) if we find the right application.

2. <BRAND X FANS ARE MORE AWESOME! YOU SUCK CORSAIR!> Our fans are accurate to the specs on the box. Very few of the competitive fans we evaluated are. Without sounding overly dramatic, many of the fans you buy today from various manufacturers have outright lies printed on their boxes.

3. What about LED versions / white plastic versions / PWM versions / 200mm versions? Nothing is off the table. We're evaluating how the enthusiast response to these fans will be received, we'll see what advice the users of them offer us, and produce fans to meet the overwhelming needs and demands of our customer base. This thread has already affected the roadmap for fans.

I'm mainly interested in how these compare to those Cougar fans that have been getting some praise lately. Similar CFM on those but way lower dB ratings (could be BS though, as RedBeard pointed out).

@Redbeard: I just wanted to say 'thank you' for taking the time to interact with your customers. It's one of the reasons I decided to try out your Hydro Series for an new IVB setup. If something were to go wrong I have confidence that at least one Corsair rep would be there to offer help.

1stly Corsair RMA is great - even for us that live outside north america - if you have a problem with a corsair product, spend 5 minutes filling in the RMA form on the wenb and send the broken bit back for repair. All it costs is a few quid for postage and you are sorted

2nd would love to see a 200m version, especially one that fits your existing cases, running 24/7 at full load means i need to move a lot of air - quietly!

If these fans are like the fans used in their power supplies then I would expect spontaneous blade deformation followed by high speed ejectment from the fan's hub. I don't want any more Corsair shrapnel in my computers.

Im cool with this. Im a huge fan of Corsair and theyre usually my favorite brand of whatever they make. Just ordered one of their 500R cases last night and will probably wind up with a H100 in there as well eventually. These fans will just give me something else from Corsair to put in my case.

AP-14s is a much more direct comparison.

Depends which one you're talking about - the SP120 High Performance Edition is a full 2350 RPM fan, 35 dBA (fairly loud), and around 63 CFM. It's very fast, one of the best performing fans out there.

The SP120 Quiet Edition is really close to the AP-14s in RPM and static pressure - our noise levels are taken at the standard 1M distance, on center, airflow away from the mic.

I don't know how the Scythe fans take their noise levels.

Those are the fans they should have included in my 800D. The fans that came with my 800D are absolutely useless with abysmal CFM.

If these fans are like the fans used in their power supplies then I would expect spontaneous blade deformation followed by high speed ejectment from the fan's hub. I don't want any more Corsair shrapnel in my computers.

I'd bet not. Most of the fans they use in their PSUs are Yates. Did you RMA it?

Also, RedBeard: When can we expect these for sale on eTailers like NewEgg?

Would love to see 120mm and 140mm PWM fans with a low min RPM and available in an optional red LED version. :)

We're up to six votes for PWM fans by my count. I'd say Corsair may have a fairly compelling reason to introduce PWM fans in its lineup.

We're up to six votes for PWM fans by my count. I'd say Corsair may have a fairly compelling reason to introduce PWM fans in its lineup.

And red LED's! I love red. I'm like Emperor Palpatine...the color red is a staple in my life. :cool:

I like red LEDs as well. Too many things with blue LEDs these days.

The design reminds me a little of the Scythe Kaze-Maru 120mm fans I have. I'm a little confused as to the color coding being used (there doesn't seem to be a clear pattern as to which color signifies which feature set).

I would prefer all black, but red and blue trim are acceptable I guess, although I would slightly neurotic about blue trim if I were using a ASUS ROG motherboard + video card set (black + red).

Back