Corsair 800D

dremic

Supreme [H]ardness
is this case worth the price tag? preparing a new build and I am picking out parts. considering this case because of its size and looks.

Do you own this case?

Can you post a picture?

Are you happy with it?

Worth the price?

Really like my 800D. But, be aware that the 900D is coming soon.

All we have so far on the 900D are some leaked photos. We don't know pricing or availability date yet, and it's quite possible that Corsair will keep selling the 800D, possibly at a slightly lower price. But that last part is pure speculation on my part, and not based on even a rumor.

I got my 800D fairly recently, knowing full well it was starting to show it's age, etc.

No complaints. People say it's not that great for air cooling, but I have not had any problems at all with it especially since it supports 140mm fans, but then again that's coming from a history of using noisy 120mm and 80mm fans.

I like it mainly because it's simply massive, and has a clean simple look. I like that I could drop an EATX board in there some day without even thinking twice.

Only thing that is kinda lame is only 7 rear slots. So if you did Quad-SLI the 4th card would have to have it's 2nd slot kinda hanging off the bottom. There is an air vent right there though, where the card would be trying to exhaust, so maybe it wouldn't be too bad? I'm still on the fence about going that route eventually, as my current board really isn't meant for more than 2 cards.

My only complaints are:
1) It's unbelievably heavy.
2) The side panels are relatively flimsy (had to replace one as it came bent).

Otherwise it has tons of room and looks great. I got my 700D (essentially the same as the 800D) for only $150, though, and there's no way in hell I'd pay the $230 or whatever it costs nowadays.

I love my 800D. Easiest case to work in, build quality is great, but it is HUGE. Love the clean, simple lines.

I find the hot-swap bays to be exceptionally useful, even though I wasn't sure if they would be worth it at the time.

I love my both my 800 and 700 d's. If you have the money id say get it or wait for the 900

I'm debating about this case. Everyone says it's HUGE, and HEAVY. I'm not sure I want a massive case sitting next to my desk. It's not like I'll be moving it all over so it being heavy is not as much of an issue. But at a price of $222 (After a $25 MIR on newegg right now and the coupon code), it's still a pricey case.

I've also thought about the Corsair 550D. It seems smaller, designed to be more silent, but I still struggle with picking cases. Since I want something that will last for a while with a timeless design sort of look. Currently I have an Antec P182B and it's getting dated, and a bit full. It's also a little bit of a pain to deal with cable management.

Back