Post your Corsair Obsidian 800D Pics here!

weipim

Limp Gawd
I realized that since more than more stores start to carry this case, it will only be a matter of time for us to buy it and it is going to heat up.
So I made this thread for all of you to post your mod pics for this beast:cool:

Here's mine. Specs are in my sig. Definitely the cleanest build I've ever done, though it's not as quiet as my old ATCS 840 setup given that one uses much quieter and larger fans.

img0615d.jpg

img0623n.jpg

2 months and only 2 builds. if you read guys sigs you would think that there would be dozens.
Well to be fair it says mods, maybe not many people have modded them yet?

Only mod I did was break off a couple 5.25" drive bay supports to fit in a dual bay reservoir.
Soon probably adding a 360 or 480 rad mounted on the back side but we'll see. Still a work in progress until I buy all the hardware for an i7 rig.

Have my 5870 + waterblock hopefully arriving Friday, but doubt it now cause the ass on ebay took 5 days to ship, said they'd do 2-day UPS and I look today and it says UPS ground with my tracking number. Neutral feedback at best if so.

img0372rv.jpg

I gotta find a way to get one of these.

Would actually break everything down and re-install.

So sweet.

FYI, microcenter has these cases for 269.99. Its not showing up on thier site but I can confirm that the Rockville MD and Fairfax VA stores have 4 each.

These pics make me want to pick one up. I'll never pay that much for a case though. Wish they made a mid tower version ~100 usd

I never thought I'd pay this much for a case, but here it is and I'm damn glad I did it.
There's nothing trick about my build, just the basic's.
The water cooling is all Koolance with the EXOS 2.5 on top and a Aluminum 120x2 inside at the top. I put 1" rubber feet on the EXOS to raise it enough to allow the 120x2 to vent properly, every thing else is in my sig.

Obsidianfrontangle.jpg

ObsidianEXOSangle.jpg

Obsidianside.jpg

ObsidiansideWC.jpg

The Vid card has sagged like that since I put it in but hasn't gotten any worst.
Actually I've swapped out the 2x120 in the top of the case for a 3x120 since that picture was taken, I plan to go crossfire with another 4870, and WC them, the last of Jan first of Feb depending on when my Taxes get back.
I'm also going to move up to a Am3 MB and 8Gb of DDR3 then also.:)

The Vid card has sagged like that since I put it in but hasn't gotten any worst.
Actually I've swapped out the 2x120 in the top of the case for a 3x120 since that picture was taken, I plan to go crossfire with another 4870, and WC them, the last of Jan first of Feb depending on when my Taxes get back.
I'm also going to move up to a Am3 MB and 8Gb of DDR3 then also.:)

sweet!

yeahh, since you already got wc settled up, have u considered i7 maybe?

anyone else find it funny seeing a $300 case next to yellowed $15 speakers from 1991? :D

Sheez, gimme a break guys, those speakers and that Keyboard is all I need on my workbench.

Na, I'm pretty much a AMD guy, Intel stuff is overpriced and my 965BE is running smoothly @ 4.1Ghz, thats all the power I need ! :)

Looking good, the only thing i would change is that GPU cooler.... red doesnt fit the current theme.
Yeah, either this or paint it would be my suggestion. Everything looks clean and tight like a tiger though. Kudos.

Thanks LightStar and kelim! I agree, it doesn't go with the scheme at all. In reality, I am only about 60% done with it. I'm waiting for some fittings, rotaries, sleeving and a waterblock that will get help get rid of non-blue or black inside!

I wonder if you can buy the grommets separate? And I wonder if they are close in size to the HAF 932? hmmmmmm

Threw a CCFL in mine, just got done sleeving and spray painting what I had to in order to keep it black.

img0490h.jpg
img0491n.jpg

Here is my newly built system:
The specs are
i7 920 OC'ed to 4GHZ
Asus P6TD Deluxe Motherboard
Corsair XMS3 6GB (3x2GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C9 (1600MHz) Tri-Channel
Corsair H50 Water cooler
Corsair HX 850 Modular PSU
Corsair 800D case
Nvidia Geforce 8800GTX graphics card
Thermalright HR-03-GT VGA Cooler
Old Pioneer 110 Dual Layer DVD burner
Creative X-fi Music Extreme Soundcard
Upgraded from the system in my signature and the difference is amazing!!

And here is an update pic with the H50 the right way around.

I wonder if you can buy the grommets separate? And I wonder if they are close in size to the HAF 932? hmmmmmm

So do I. I looked all over the place for something similar for use in case mods, but I couldn't find anything. They are probably out there, but I couldn't find them. I suppose you could contact corsair about it.

Here's my 800D

IMG_0432.jpg

IMG_0422.jpg

I don't know about the "Hot swappable" drives.
I popped the first one in and I BSODed. It was fine
after it restarted.

Last edited:
I really want to get the 800D, but I can't see me every needing the "hot swappable bay" or the "drive caddy". I'd rather beable to utilize the space taken up by that caddy.

Can that drive caddy be removed, or is it permentaly affixed?

I know the 700D omits both of those, along with the see thru side panel :(, so might wait for that one.

I really want to get the 800D, but I can't see me every needing the "hot swappable bay" or the "drive caddy". I'd rather beable to utilize the space taken up by that caddy.

Can that drive caddy be removed, or is it permentaly affixed?

I know the 700D omits both of those, along with the see thru side panel :(, so might wait for that one.

Sometimes I take out my drives just because I can. True story. :p

K guys, I currently have a storm scout, but I want to upgrade to a 5970 gpu in the future. So I know the card wont fit in my case. There is nothing I love more than to own one of these cases. I love the cable management, that is huge for me.

I think Im going to make the leap next month and buy one. Maybe even get a Corsair H50 on my CPU.
After looking at all these PCs it just makes me want to buy the case even more.

BTW how are the stock fans in the case? Are they quite loud and can they be controlled with a fan controller?

Back