Corsair: 650D

I was going to order the side panel, but the shipping is twice the cost of the panel itself which makes it really not cost effective if you live in the UK..

I will be getting my 650d case next, woo hoo! I'm going to replace the front 200mm fan with a Silverstone AP181 fan for more direct air flow. Would like to have filters on the intake and top exhausts. The only brand I know of is DEMCiflex.

• Anyone bother with filters?
  • What would you recommend?

I've honestly never been able to figure out why you would put filters on an exhaust.

Sure is. They should pay to ship it back and send the correct one listed.

Yeah but since it came in perfect condition and I'm getting the new linear controller for free it's not worth the chance of getting a damaged in shipping new one.

I've honestly never been able to figure out why you would put filters on an exhaust.

Well I intend to try and simulate positive pressure in the case by using two 140mm in the roof as intakes in addition to the front. This will be balanced by a good CFM rear exhaust all hooked up on a NZXT Sentry fan controller.

Normally I wouldn't use a filter on an exhaust either.

i just realized my 200mm top stock fan on my 650D is broken ... it is barely spinning.

i have checked all the cables and all the settings. it should be running at full speed like the one near the hard drive cage. sucks! explains my ambient temperatures going up

*edit*
can anyone recommend a replacement?

Last edited:
i just realized my 200mm top stock fan on my 650D is broken ... it is barely spinning.

i have checked all the cables and all the settings. it should be running at full speed like the one near the hard drive cage. sucks! explains my ambient temperatures going up

*edit*
can anyone recommend a replacement?

Either this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103073

Or ask Redbeard to send you a new one.

I'd say I'd send you one of mine that I'm not using, but I'm trying to barter with Redbeard to hook me up with a discount or a side panel. He did say he'd do what it took to make me happy with my case...

*ball in Redbeard's court*

not a big fan of the blue LED but i am sure there is a way to turn that off.

does corsair cover this?

Does anyone know if Corsair are going to manufacture USB 3 headers for their front ports?

I read somewhere that it should be coming in a new revision. No idea on timing. I want to use a 650D for my next build but I want a USB3 front header and solid side panel included first.

Anybody that bought a case and has non-functioning components can get a free replacement from our customer service based on the warranty. A fan that doesn't spin can be easily replaced - we have no problem sending you a new fan.

And JoeJoeJoe123 (I feel kind of silly typing that) - email me again please - [email protected]

I'll take care of your issue.

Hey Redbeard,

I just put together my system with the 650D. I do unfortunately have one little issue.

The 2 USB 2.0 ports in the front that are controlled by the 1 internal header. The right one works just fine but the left one does not work at all.

My motherboard has 3 internal headers for USB 2.0. I have tried all 3 with the same result. Only the right port works.

I am thinking the cable is the problem since I get the same result with all 3 headers.

Is that something that can be replaced under warranty?

My specs:
650D
Asus P8Z68 V-Pro
Corsair 750TX
Corsair Vengeance 8GB

Anybody that bought a case and has non-functioning components can get a free replacement from our customer service based on the warranty. A fan that doesn't spin can be easily replaced - we have no problem sending you a new fan.

And JoeJoeJoe123 (I feel kind of silly typing that) - email me again please - [email protected]

I'll take care of your issue.

Mr.Redbeard, he prefers to be called JoeCubed, his God given name, I would write a #3 superscript but this little writing square just doesn't offer it.

By the way, how is everybody? Anything new happening here lately? Everyone still waiting on the H100???

Last edited:
Can I return my 2 200mm fans for a gift card or a solid side panel?

Mr. George, can I return my two 200mm fans for a new Professional Series Platinum 850w Hybrid-Silent PSU, and can we just call it an even-steven?

I have a strong suspicion we are going to have a Superior line of Corsair specialty fans sold separately within 8months made just and only for Enthusiasts, just a hunch. One of those 99% hanging in the air hunches!

Last edited:
My gf says I might be an damn cool guy in certain singular circles but not gawdy, and that there is nothing Limp about me and disagrees as to why this site has titled me as such. Can't I just be called Stupid Dude comma 4 months? btw Joe she gained 5pounds and now the yammos are like Fplus still 120lbs. Her name is May and I had a t-shirt made up that says on the front May Everyday!, it's cute.

Last edited:
My gf says I might be an damn cool guy in certain singular circles but not gawdy, and that there is nothing Limp about me and disagrees as to why this site has titled me as such. Can't I just be called Stupid Dude comma 4 months? btw Joe she gained 5pounds and now the yammos are like Fplus still 120lbs. Her name is May and I had a t-shirt made up that says on the front May Everyday!, it's cute.

lol

fantomau,

Dude, if you have the financial means to upgrade that often then by all means do what’s best for your outrageous rig, I love your pc man, I just wish that Asus triple slot card had worked out for you, I am going to get one after the die shrink Nvidia 600 series or AMD 7000 series, I just love HUGE heat sinks and ultra-quiet fans in auto mode, still can’t understand why your Asus 580DirectCU2 ran at 60% fan speed in auto??? I don’t get it. My Asus 6870DirectCU runs at 15% fan speed in auto and between 34 and 42C depending on ambient room temp.

Anyways let’s see who can get the H100 delivered by UPS first. I am ordering as soon as I see it on Newegg!!!

Wanna make a wager?

Last edited:
Hey Redbeard,

I just put together my system with the 650D. I do unfortunately have one little issue.

The 2 USB 2.0 ports in the front that are controlled by the 1 internal header. The right one works just fine but the left one does not work at all.

My motherboard has 3 internal headers for USB 2.0. I have tried all 3 with the same result. Only the right port works.

I am thinking the cable is the problem since I get the same result with all 3 headers.

Is that something that can be replaced under warranty?

My specs:
650D
Asus P8Z68 V-Pro
Corsair 750TX
Corsair Vengeance 8GB

Yes it is, we can ship you a new I/O panel, it should be fairly easily swapped with a few screws. Email me here: [email protected] and I'll have them order you a replacement part.

Anyways let’s see who can get the H100 delivered by UPS first. I am ordering as soon as I see it on Newegg!!!

Wanna make a wager?

I wish Newegg had a preorder for it.

The H80 is already out, They dont even have that yet.

Heres an odd thing.

I got that Lian Li USB3.0 header part, Plugged in 1 of the USB3.0 cables that came with the 650D, Plugged in the corsair USB3.0 flash drive & windows said 'this device can run faster if plugged into a superspeed port' or something.

Very odd.

Just did some modifications on wiring:

Dudest, totally love your rig, the memory and Hydro cooler most especially, but try removing that plastic zero-functional HDD base, unless it has some amazing purpose none of us are completely aware of, or can comprehend, looks much better without it and airflow will improve.

Last edited:
I wish Newegg had a preorder for it.

The H80 is already out, They dont even have that yet.

No, I mean let's seriously make a wager, whom ever gets the H100 delivered to their doorstep first, with proof photos, gets a $10dollar Newegg giftcard delivered to the email of their choosing! The more people we get into the POOL the higher the giftcards go, it'll be fun.

I am throwing my $10bucks in... wadda ya say, if we get just 12 enthusiasts interested then whom ever wins basically gets the H100 for free, cool deal man! And the rest of us just lose 10bucks big deal, it makes this thread a whole lot more interesting, don’t ya think?

Bruce

Last edited:
I've already got mine preordered, but the problem is I'm in Canada, so I'm sure it'll be coming here a little later than you guys down south. :(

I've already got mine preordered, but the problem is I'm in Canada, so I'm sure it'll be coming here a little later than you guys down south. :(

Luder you are always ahead of everyone man, I was just making a suggestion if we formed a pool, and it has to be by the honor system, whomever gets their H100 1st unboxing off the doorstep UPS/FedEx delivery with proof photos and dates and times, ok Within the United States to keep it fair, then everyone in the pool has to send the winner a $10dollar Newegg giftcard to the email of their choice. It's just ten bucks man and you are helping out someone get their H100, so how totally cool is that? I think totally cool! cuz Corsair gear is the max!

Bruce

my ten bucks is in, come on let's help someone get the H100 for free!

Last edited:
Dudest, totally love your rig, the memory and Hydro cooler most especially, but try removing that plastic zero-functional HDD base, unless it has some amazing purpose none of us are completely aware of, or can comprehend, looks much better without it and airflow will improve.

Thanks, I will do that. Now the PCIE power is setup like that to help hold up the card as these Asus cards are known to sag a little due to their weight.

Thanks, I will do that. Now the PCIE power is setup like that to help hold up the card as these Asus cards are known to sag a little due to their weight.

You are absolutley correct, my old 4850 sags a full inch, but the new Asus cards 6870DirectCU have full length aluminum top plate for cooling and rigidity,no sagging at all, they are getting better.

I had the asus gtx580, not the matrix (Which I see that and like it), But had to send it back, Games were playing soo sluggish with it for some reason.

The letters matrix glow red too like the ROG led does?

What're the specs on the 120MM fan included with this case?

I just received all of the parts for my new build on Friday (650D, H60, 16GB Vengeance, Force 3, HX750; Corsair products out the butt) and I was thinking about doing push/pull with my H60 using the included 120MM case fan instead of shelling out an additional $40 for 2 new fans.

If anyone knows the specs, please share! :)

I think you might be better off getting 2 120mm fans. I use 2 coolermaster 120s and they are 2000rpms and only cost $9 each.

Back