Redbeard
Official Corsair Rep.
- Joined
- Nov 3, 2005
- Messages
- 1,859
RedBeard,
When will retailers stock and sell the newer Carbide cases?
The 400R should start arriving in mid to late July depending on the region, and the 500R about a month after that.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
RedBeard,
When will retailers stock and sell the newer Carbide cases?
Well damn Joe, the Prolimatech website says the MK-13 supports the GTX460, check out the photo above, maybe you can mod the bracket with a dremel or drill man, thought it would be an easy mount up, I did have to get some extra small black washers for the bracket from the hardware store for a tighter fit, but other than that it was simple, well crap! Well if nothing else works out man save the cooler, it does not fit my Asus 6870 but that is due to the positioning of the components on top of the card, not the bracket mount, but it does fit other Asus cards the 6950 and 6970 and Nvidia models so when you upgrade then maybe it will work out. If you can't mod the back plate, give Prolimatech a call they might just send you out a new bracket for free or a nominal cost, they claim to upgrade ALL hardware for the cooler as new cards come out, so maybe worth a quick phonecall. All I can tell you is the cooler is so large 555grams so much surface area, well you know that, even in the summer your 460 should run in the 20s and that Noctua 6db is inaudible, it's a sweet mix, hope you find a way to use it.
maybe if you Don't use those extra washers, is it an alignment issue or a threading of the attachment posts issue?
I will look into what I can do with it. Maybe there is some sort of bracket or mounting element needed. In the meantime I gotta find a place for the leftover Noctua fan. Do I need the resistor on it no matter what?
Hey guys,
I just bought this case and I want to improve my GPU temps; however, I do not know what fans I should get to replace the stock fans. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Depends on how much you want to spend, how much noise you are willing to tolerate, and what your temps are now.
Need more info about your setup.
Did the fan controllers come back in yet? Still waiting for one to arrive.
I can't comment on unannounced products, Bruce.
But I'll give you a hint: Flux. Capacitor.
i5-2500k
Noctua dh-14
EVGA 580 GTX SC DS
ASUS P8Z68-V Pro
Seasonic 850W M12D
I'm willing to spend perhaps $75-$100 and I want to stick to air cooling. I'd like it to be as silent as possible but I'll be wearing a headset most of the time, anyway.
Currently, my GPU is about 38-43 degrees on idle and 78-85 degrees on full load.
Sorry this is off topic.
But Redbeard, Got a question about the H100.
Can you do a push/pull with this and use different brands of fans for all 4 or do you have to use the 2 fans that come with it?
Dude, honestly I think you can push, pull, and even yank 4 fans all at the same time, the H100 will mount 4 fans, 2 below and 2 above, the silent efficiency blows my mind. The photos show the stock fans as non-ribbed, so thats what I ordered from Sanyo-Denki for undervolting, oops sorry you were asking Redbeard, my apologies...we still cool fantomau?
fantomau,
I had the same multiple problematic issues with my first Asus 6870DirectCU. I placed an RMA for the card and they sent me an advance replacement program NEW card not refurbished in two days, and they even provided complimentary return shipping of the defective card FedEx. The new card has ZERO issues!
Sorry about your triple slot card man I want one of those so bad, but will wait for the die shrink coming soon, then lower temps and better performance. Still man thanks for the amazing photos, I am sold on that triple card!![]()
So after I find the above and decide that a sharpie will fix the problem and after I build my rig and do all of the cable management I find out that my far left (looking at the front of the case) USB 3.0 port/cable does not work.
Redbeard what do you suggest that I do? Can I just have a front panel sent to me?
We can send a replacement I/O panel I believe.
You might want to check and make sure there's no loose connection on the backside of the I/O panel, but if you still can't get it working email me: redbeard@corsair.com and I'l send you a new piece.
And I'll say this one more time: The H100 works on ALL Corsair cases from the $99 400R to the $299 800D.
How many lights are on the front pasnel?
I've hooked up both LED, PWR and HD, but don't find an actual HD LED.
2 lights on front - Power button and HDD Activity LED (Wish they were different colors though and not both the same color)
Theres:
PWR SW
RESET
SPEAKER
HDD LED
PLED +
PLED -
Just to chip in here, I just built my new rig in the 650D and I'm absolutely loving it. The cable management and size is fantastic. Definitely an upgrade from my P182.
Theres:
PWR SW
RESET
SPEAKER
HDD LED
PLED +
PLED -
Are you saying that your 650D case come with a built in speaker? Because my case doesnt have a speaker or a speaker connection wire.
Completely understandable Redbeard and your doing a excellent job too![]()