Corsair: 650D

Can anyone recommend a quality 3 to 4 internal RAID enclosure that will fit this case without any significant modifications?

Those are among the ones I've been looking at. I was hoping someone had actually used one of these or another brand in the 650D case. I want a product that fits properly. Thanks!

Those are among the ones I've been looking at. I was hoping someone had actually used one of these or another brand in the 650D case. I want a product that fits properly. Thanks!

Theres a nice external RAID enclosure by calvary. I didnt RAID it when I had it, But its nice, except drives tend to get stuck in it, nothing a few insert/remove/insert/remove doesnt solve

then theres 1 by mediasonic:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...22004&cm_re=mediasonic-_-16-322-004-_-Product

I dunno...the ATCS 840 is a damn fine case as well. It was a tie between that and the 700D back a few months ago for myself. All depends on what you want to do with said case, etc.

How heavy/cumbersome is the 650D relative to other cases? TBH, that's the only thing keeping me from slamming my fist onto my "purchase" key and calling it a day.

How heavy/cumbersome is the 650D relative to other cases? TBH, that's the only thing keeping me from slamming my fist onto my "purchase" key and calling it a day.

It's not heavy at all I would say. It was rather light until I put my Silver Arrow and 4 hard drives and PSU in it. Definitely easier to deal with than the Antec P180.

As for cumbersome, not really. I slide it out from under my desk, I pick it up, I lay it down to operate on, I put the side back on, and then I put it back into place. Nothing awkward about it at all.

It's not heavy at all I would say. It was rather light until I put my Silver Arrow and 4 hard drives and PSU in it. Definitely easier to deal with than the Antec P180.

As for cumbersome, not really. I slide it out from under my desk, I pick it up, I lay it down to operate on, I put the side back on, and then I put it back into place. Nothing awkward about it at all.

Nice! How about transporting it to LANs?

I may just have to go with this case for my current build... Are the handles actually useful in transporting it?

Nice! How about transporting it to LANs?

I may just have to go with this case for my current build... Are the handles actually useful in transporting it?

It doesnt actually have handles, But door latches. I dont think I'd use the latches to transport it.

I use the bottom front and 1 of the sections on the back to move it. Nothing at all bad either.

Uhh, this case is definitely heavy, it's not light by any means.
I'm not saying it's overly heavy, but because of it's size and weight, it is awkward to carry.

If you want a light case, you wouldn't be going with this, you'd be better off with a Lian-Li aluminum case.

Time to make my (decidedly modest) contribution to this thread.

First attempt at cable management. Above the hard disks you can see I routed the front USB3 ports to the extra USB3 bracket that came with the motherboard.

GPU is a Radeon 6950
PSU is a Seasonic X-series 760w
CPU cooler is a Cooler Master Hyper 212 plus
Asus Xonar DX underneath the CPU cooler
RAM is 16GB (4x4) Corsair Vengeance DDR3
All fans are stock
The 650Dw-1 has a near flawless finish, and was easy to install into.

Any tips on improving the airflow, cleanliness and cable management are greatly appreciated.

PCinternals01.jpg
PCinternals02.jpg

The black cabl.e into the middle of the board could get routed out of a closr gromet.

And try routing the [pci-e cables through one of them too.

Read a lot about this case and am thinking of buying it for my next build to replace my trusty P182. I'll look at the P280 when it is released but my friend is raving about the 650D. Couple questions:

1) Does the case support USB3 mobo headers yet? I know the early versions used pass-through to the back panel of mobo
2) Is Corsair selling a window-less side panel (or including it like the 600T special edition)? I don't really want a case window if I can avoid it.

Read a lot about this case and am thinking of buying it for my next build to replace my trusty P182. I'll look at the P280 when it is released but my friend is raving about the 650D. Couple questions:

1) Does the case support USB3 mobo headers yet? I know the early versions used pass-through to the back panel of mobo
2) Is Corsair selling a window-less side panel (or including it like the 600T special edition)? I don't really want a case window if I can avoid it.

1) No, not yet.
2) No, not yet.

Both are in the works as far as we know though.

The black cabl.e into the middle of the board could get routed out of a closr gromet.

And try routing the [pci-e cables through one of them too.
Thanks for the tips.

Second attempt (and possibly last, since I only had the cable ties which came with the 650D):

PCinternals03.jpg

If you just bought it on Tuesday you shouldn't have gotten a DW. Where did you buy it from? Take it back and just get a DW-1 from Amazon or something.

Good Luck on that one. I just got mine from Amazon and it's the old one. Was specifically advertised as a DW-1 but it was not! So beware. :(

Time to make my (decidedly modest) contribution to this thread.

First attempt at cable management. Above the hard disks you can see I routed the front USB3 ports to the extra USB3 bracket that came with the motherboard.

GPU is a Radeon 6950
PSU is a Seasonic X-series 760w
CPU cooler is a Cooler Master Hyper 212 plus
Asus Xonar DX underneath the CPU cooler
RAM is 16GB (4x4) Corsair Vengeance DDR3
All fans are stock
The 650Dw-1 has a near flawless finish, and was easy to install into.

Any tips on improving the airflow, cleanliness and cable management are greatly appreciated.

PCinternals01.jpg
PCinternals02.jpg

Shouldve gotten the blue vengeance to match mobo ;)

Thanks for the tips.

Second attempt (and possibly last, since I only had the cable ties which came with the 650D):

PCinternals03.jpg

ALOT better. Good job :)

Whats that box on front w/ the 2 USB connectors? I'm guessing its a USB3.0 port of some kind?

Ah much better, so is there any way you could hide that usb 3 adapter with double sided tape??

Something I was trying, Not the best, But better than that UGLY ass brown/orange or green SLI flex bridge:

img0795h.jpg

Good Luck on that one. I just got mine from Amazon and it's the old one. Was specifically advertised as a DW-1 but it was not! So beware. :(

Then Amazon owes you an explanation. It is false advertisement plain and simple.

Shouldve gotten the blue vengeance to match mobo ;)
They blue ones are new here, they're still asking a stupendous price premium for it.

ALOT better. Good job :)

Whats that box on front w/ the 2 USB connectors? I'm guessing its a USB3.0 port of some kind?
detail_3536_14G0001516101-M.jpg

It's an Asus USB 3.0 bracket that came with the motherboard. Usually mounted on the rear but since the front panel USB 3.0 ports don't connect to the motherboard I used that bracket instead. Just removed the metal part and connected it to the motherboard.

Ah much better, so is there any way you could hide that usb 3 adapter with double sided tape??
I actually placed it there on purpose to be able to access it easily. (Why exactly I'm not sure. :eek: )

Might eventually replace that hyper 212 plus with one of those fancy Corsair water cooled solutions. And I'll be able to put in another 6950 in there if graphics become an issue in the future.
And I want to thank all of you who posted here, got some great info and advice. Would have been a much more difficult build without the [H]ard|Forum.

Last edited:
detail_3536_14G0001516101-M.jpg

It's an Asus USB 3.0 bracket that came with the motherboard. Usually mounted on the rear but since the front panel USB 3.0 ports don't connect to the motherboard I used that bracket instead. Just removed the metal part and connected it to the motherboard.

Bitfenix is coming out w/ a USB3.0 Adapter next month that plugs into the mobo header.

Is Corsair customer service down or something? I got some defective parts with my case, sent them an email, got no reply at all. My experience with Corsair so far is not as pleasant as others claim to be.

I actually just found that my case is producing a small buzz (doesn't appear to be affected by the fan controller setting). If I put pressure on the underside of the case near the PSU it stops. Is this the buzz everyone is talking about, or is this potentially something loose that's buzzing?

Probably a loose part, as the buzz/whine is on the 200 fans.

I'd double check your psu support is tight.

Is Corsair customer service down or something? I got some defective parts with my case, sent them an email, got no reply at all. My experience with Corsair so far is not as pleasant as others claim to be.

Send me an email: [email protected]

I'll take care of whatever your issue is.

Back