Corsair: 650D

Redbeard, we are pretty positive the Corsair Platinum Grade PSU Series is on the way, and will be Seasonic-Based, Corsair-Modified DC circuitry, Upgraded Heatsinks, Engineered to the 9s by you personally, Hybrid-Silent and Link-Compatible. Is there any other information even a little hint, just throw us a small bone without giving away the full details, keeping our interest peaked? Like the Wattages or the Form-Factors? 860w? 1050w? Please George, I'm dyin' here!;)

By the way George that Corsair twin-propeller 200mmX40mm double ring 40mm intake fan I threw together with some 3M silicon from Lowes, is still running great in the 650D as a top exhaust ultra-silent super-efficient at 460rpms off mobo software. I tell ya man this could/should be another new product line for Corsair, those Ferrari grade specialty fans sold separately, with deep pitch rotors, and long intakes. Switched out it works much better, more airflow CFMs and less noise than my Cooler Master megaflow, so something positive is going on here. Throw a sampling together in your labs, it’s a cheap build man, your engineers may be very surprised at what they find. My dad was an aeronautical engineer for NASA, Kennedy Space Center just up in Canaveral, always had propellers and turbines, and engine parts around the house growing up. I have a feeling Corsair could really take a huge market share away from Noctua, bring it back to the US!

Last edited:
I can't comment on unannounced products, Bruce.

But I'll give you a hint: Flux. Capacitor.

Well damn Joe, the Prolimatech website says the MK-13 supports the GTX460, check out the photo above, maybe you can mod the bracket with a dremel or drill man, thought it would be an easy mount up, I did have to get some extra small black washers for the bracket from the hardware store for a tighter fit, but other than that it was simple, well crap! Well if nothing else works out man save the cooler, it does not fit my Asus 6870 but that is due to the positioning of the components on top of the card, not the bracket mount, but it does fit other Asus cards the 6950 and 6970 and Nvidia models so when you upgrade then maybe it will work out. If you can't mod the back plate, give Prolimatech a call they might just send you out a new bracket for free or a nominal cost, they claim to upgrade ALL hardware for the cooler as new cards come out, so maybe worth a quick phonecall. All I can tell you is the cooler is so large 555grams so much surface area, well you know that, even in the summer your 460 should run in the 20s and that Noctua 6db is inaudible, it's a sweet mix, hope you find a way to use it.

maybe if you Don't use those extra washers, is it an alignment issue or a threading of the attachment posts issue?

I will look into what I can do with it. Maybe there is some sort of bracket or mounting element needed. In the meantime I gotta find a place for the leftover Noctua fan. Do I need the resistor on it no matter what?

I will look into what I can do with it. Maybe there is some sort of bracket or mounting element needed. In the meantime I gotta find a place for the leftover Noctua fan. Do I need the resistor on it no matter what?

Joe, the two Noctua NF-S12B ULN fans need NO resistors at all, at 12volts they only produce 6db, use those 5V Noctua attenuators I sent you to quiet down other fans, like your Cooler Master megaflow I sent you it works well at either 7v or 5v as a 650D intake or exhaust.

Try the Two Noctua 6db ULNs in your Silver Arrow as push-pull, they will reduce noise substantially that might be a great solution, and use the silver arrow 140mm fans as top exhaust for the 650D that will look cool as shit. Did you find a use for the Cooler Master Megaflow? They work VERY quiet with the 5v or 7v Noctua resistors.

My current ultra-quiet 650D 10db fan solution, if this helps at all. my office fridge 20feet away makes more noise.

Rear: Corsair 120mm attenuated to 5v with Noctua blue resistor as an intake to passive CPU heatsink
Front: Cooler Master Megaflow Black 200mm attenuated to 7v with Noctua black resistor.
Top: Corsair twin propeller 200x40mm as top exhaust 480rpm using Intel mobo software for attenuation.

Norman Healthy Human Breathing is 10db, that's the sound produced by my 650D 18inches from me on my desktop. Thanks to a Corsair AX850 psu fan that never spins up so produces 0db, and a video card that runs in auto mode at 15% fan speed. I am one happy silent enthusiast!;)

Hope you find something that works extremely well for you.
Stay cool man, don’t do anything crazy!;)

Last edited:
Hey guys,

I just bought this case and I want to improve my GPU temps; however, I do not know what fans I should get to replace the stock fans. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Hey guys,

I just bought this case and I want to improve my GPU temps; however, I do not know what fans I should get to replace the stock fans. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Depends on how much you want to spend, how much noise you are willing to tolerate, and what your temps are now.

Need more info about your setup.

Depends on how much you want to spend, how much noise you are willing to tolerate, and what your temps are now.

Need more info about your setup.

i5-2500k
Noctua dh-14
EVGA 580 GTX SC DS
ASUS P8Z68-V Pro
Seasonic 850W M12D

I'm willing to spend perhaps $75-$100 and I want to stick to air cooling. I'd like it to be as silent as possible but I'll be wearing a headset most of the time, anyway.

Currently, my GPU is about 38-43 degrees on idle and 78-85 degrees on full load.

Best way to reduce the temps on your video card is to replace the stock cooling.
Unless of course that card already has aftermarket cooling, although with those temps, I highly doubt that.

Sorry this is off topic.

But Redbeard, Got a question about the H100.

Can you do a push/pull with this and use different brands of fans for all 4 or do you have to use the 2 fans that come with it?

I can't comment on unannounced products, Bruce.

But I'll give you a hint: Flux. Capacitor.

And a Delorean to? in silver metallic? Now that sounds off the charts Redbeard!

I sat down this morning and added up what I am spending this year, already so far, and purchases planned for 2011 on just Corsair Products. $1400.00, and I don't mind at all. thanks George!!!;) Just keep the great stuff coming man!

Last edited:
i5-2500k
Noctua dh-14
EVGA 580 GTX SC DS
ASUS P8Z68-V Pro
Seasonic 850W M12D

I'm willing to spend perhaps $75-$100 and I want to stick to air cooling. I'd like it to be as silent as possible but I'll be wearing a headset most of the time, anyway.

Currently, my GPU is about 38-43 degrees on idle and 78-85 degrees on full load.

I would recommend one of these: http://www.prolimatech.com/en/products/detail.asp?id=159&subid=688

I would say that the Accelero Xtreme GTX Pro would be an option, but a lot of people have issues with VRM cooling which would be extremely problematic.

The MK-13 plus a Thermalright TY-140 fan, or maybe even a lower RPM Noctua if you want something super super quiet should fit your budget and do what you need. And don't forget to replace the stock thermal paste.

That will give you much better results than simply changing case fans, which you can always do after you tackle the video card on its own.

Sorry this is off topic.

But Redbeard, Got a question about the H100.

Can you do a push/pull with this and use different brands of fans for all 4 or do you have to use the 2 fans that come with it?

Dude, honestly I think you can push, pull, and even yank 4 fans all at the same time, the H100 will mount 4 fans, 2 below and 2 above, the silent efficiency blows my mind. The photos show the stock fans as non-ribbed, so that’s what I ordered from Sanyo-Denki for undervolting, oops sorry you were asking Redbeard, my apologies...we still cool fantomau?

Last edited:
fantomau,

I had the same multiple problematic issues with my first Asus 6870DirectCU. I placed an RMA for the card and they sent me an advance replacement program NEW card not refurbished in two days, and they even provided complimentary return shipping of the defective card FedEx. The new card has ZERO issues!
Sorry about your triple slot card man I want one of those so bad, but will wait for the die shrink coming soon, then lower temps and better performance. Still man thanks for the amazing photos, I am sold on that triple card!;)

Last edited:
Dude, honestly I think you can push, pull, and even yank 4 fans all at the same time, the H100 will mount 4 fans, 2 below and 2 above, the silent efficiency blows my mind. The photos show the stock fans as non-ribbed, so that’s what I ordered from Sanyo-Denki for undervolting, oops sorry you were asking Redbeard, my apologies...we still cool fantomau?

Cool, Then I'll get 4 nice fans.

Ya, I dont see why we wouldnt still be cool :D

fantomau,

I had the same multiple problematic issues with my first Asus 6870DirectCU. I placed an RMA for the card and they sent me an advance replacement program NEW card not refurbished in two days, and they even provided complimentary return shipping of the defective card FedEx. The new card has ZERO issues!
Sorry about your triple slot card man I want one of those so bad, but will wait for the die shrink coming soon, then lower temps and better performance. Still man thanks for the amazing photos, I am sold on that triple card!;)

I couldve gotten a rma, But I dont know, I'll give 2 570s a try :)

how do i get a replacement fan controller for my 650D? Mine is making that weird noise, and I checked the model number and it doesnt have the "-1" at the end.

Fantomau, thanks for the info on the Asus Mobo Advanced Return Program, I am itching to get out of my Intel 775 mobo and pick up an Asus Rampage 4 Extreme LGA2011 as soon as they are available. So far working with Asus, my video card rma has been totally cool, they do put a hold on your credit card, but they remove it as soon as they receive the defective card back, I am sure it works the same for mainboards, so thanks for the info. Going with the Rampage 4 Extreme, Intel LGA 2011 3.6Ghz Sandy-E Quad core and Corsair Quad Channel memory, but it looks like Sept/Oct before they are released. Hope your two new 570s in SLI are kicking ass!;)

So after I find the above and decide that a sharpie will fix the problem and after I build my rig and do all of the cable management I find out that my far left (looking at the front of the case) USB 3.0 port/cable does not work.

Redbeard what do you suggest that I do? Can I just have a front panel sent to me?

We can send a replacement I/O panel I believe.

You might want to check and make sure there's no loose connection on the backside of the I/O panel, but if you still can't get it working email me: [email protected] and I'l send you a new piece.

And I'll say this one more time: The H100 works on ALL Corsair cases from the $99 400R to the $299 800D.

Redbeard

After telling me this and me sending you two emails and no response I am starting to lose respect for Corsair and there CS.

Redbeard, with all respect due, the Asus live chat for resolving issues for defective components is so much easier for the consumer than the Corsair forums, you can chat with a tech member live and then just call the same person on the phone, and the case is solved so much more personally, and faster. Corsair is leading in every other aspect of Customer Support, why not this?

Last edited:
Maybe because of the number of staff they have at hand? It's easier to handle a bunch of emails rather than a ton of chats (that could all come in at once).

I sent emails about my power LED not working anymore, checked connections, and even plugged up a power led wire i have and the led works.

Its no big deal, But would like for the led to work. What if if left my pc on and was doing something, went to sleep and woke up and forgot that the led didnt work and i thought the pc was off and pressed the button and oops, i was turning it off, not on :)

Still no word on the fan controller kit either :(

I do know corsair does a AWESOME job on CS, At least they have always did for me.

Last edited:
Yeah the fan controller I was told was 'going to be in stock soon'. Soon didn't happen. So I ended up returning my 650D (yay return policies at Microcenter) and got a 650D-1.

How many lights are on the front pasnel?

I've hooked up both LED, PWR and HD, but don't find an actual HD LED.

How many lights are on the front pasnel?

I've hooked up both LED, PWR and HD, but don't find an actual HD LED.

2 lights on front - Power button and HDD Activity LED (Wish they were different colors though and not both the same color)

Theres:

PWR SW
RESET
SPEAKER
HDD LED
PLED +
PLED -

Hi just signed up i need a new fan controller for my 650D my model number is "CC650DW" just bought on tuesday thought it would of been sorted by now :(

All so got corsair H60 with free akasa apache fan got another one for push/pull have 2500k & 4.8ghz at 1.320v can't complain at that :cool:

Anyway redbeard do u have email or something so i can give u my address

pease
skudd.

If you just bought it on Tuesday you shouldn't have gotten a DW. Where did you buy it from? Take it back and just get a DW-1 from Amazon or something.

That's crazy not sending it back now over a fan controller its all setup now its from overclockers.co.uk

2 lights on front - Power button and HDD Activity LED (Wish they were different colors though and not both the same color)

Theres:

PWR SW
RESET
SPEAKER
HDD LED
PLED +
PLED -

Yha thats why I thought...... Guess i gotta look better.

Just to chip in here, I just built my new rig in the 650D and I'm absolutely loving it. The cable management and size is fantastic. Definitely an upgrade from my P182.

Guys I'm really sorry for the delays - I'm taking care of it as fast as I can - please be assured I'm not ignoring you on this.

We're trying to make sure the replacement parts are all shipped out on a first-request, first-received basis. So people that emailed me first will get their controllers first, etc. I'm not customer service - I'm just trying to get the right info to them to make sure it's handled right. Again, I apologize for the delay. I promise anything I've promised you will be delivered - it's just a matter of time.

Again, sorry for the delay.

Completely understandable Redbeard and your doing a excellent job too :)

We all know George Rocks!;)

Will the soft grommets from the fantroller capacitor fix ever become a Corsair part number that we can just order a bag of from the website? Ever?

Just going over the impressive stats for the new Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD. Going to order it same day as the new LGA2011 mobo since it will support sata 6GB which the Force GT needs for 500/500 read/writes. That ssd should help create some kick ass spreadsheets and word docs!;) Porsche fire engine red won’t go with any color scheme in my 650D, have to hide it in an ODD bay OR behind the mobo tray, but still performance should be awesome.

Last edited:
Back