Corp AV - Kapersky or NOD32?

MrGuvernment

Fully [H]
So i am looking at a new AV solution for our office, which covers 33 workstations, i need of course central management and to be able to push out the install from a central location if possible.

I am debating between these 2 but really not sure which to go for in the end.....

after the workstations i could be adding about 20 servers to the mix as well....

Not a huge fan of Kaspersky business edition AV. The proactive defense causes too many alerts for the end user to understand, what is safe to allow and what isn't. I've had a couple of computers with KAV on them mark critical system files as a virus, thus fubar the workstation until I could do a repair windows install (couldn't boot into safe mode to run system restore). I've also had it mark LogMeIn as a virus and remove that. :mad:

I only use this software since my client knows a Kaspersky sales rep and gets free licenses.

I have been a big fan of Trendmicro Worry-Free Business security, but version 6 sucks. Way too resource intensive on the server and clients. They still have 5.5 available which works wonderfully. Version 7 came out a couple months ago, but I have not had a chance to try it out.

Trendmicro Officescan is a nice product as well, slightly more expensive though. Both have great centralized management interfaces. Few annoying prompts to end users. Licensing is easy to do.

just installed the Vipre trial and so far love the ease of install and deployment of clients.

Will check Sophos out and trendmicro, i am completly forgetting about these other companies! Glad you are all around.

just installed the Vipre trial and so far love the ease of install and deployment of clients.

Will check Sophos out and trendmicro, i am completly forgetting about these other companies! Glad you are all around.

Forefront Endpoint Protection

Can integrate with AD GPO to automatically push it out clients based on certain criteria.

I like Vipre, 7mb footprint vs 50-60mb with Nod, easier to deploy and ease interface, like how it has predifined templates where you can deploy and go. I am reseller of both if you neeed anything let me know, Vipre very very inexpensive

NOD and MS require you to go through resellers, what a hassle! why can't you just add something to a cart, buy it and be done..lol such a pain.

i am really liking Viper so far, it was using about %25 cpu usage though on a new Xeon Quad core doing a scan on a server, got it deployed to 5 test system in about 10 mins and up and running and scanning, i do feel weird in that it seems so simple and has a minimal look that it is missing something :)

our untangle UTM blocks most things, so this is that 2nd layer of protection.

Price is def right, would run me abou $550 for 33 seats.

Resellers = good. Buy below msrp.

We use NOD at work. Their enterprise console is busier than it needs to be. Way way too many config options. Moved from Trebd Worry Free for reasons stated above. Too resource heavy. Was using TMWF but v6 was too resource heavy.

Good but adds more time ;) also me being in costa rica, people here are clueless, i contacted the latin america ESET offices and i don't think they even know what product they are selling!

Seems trendmicro doesnt get much praise and isnt too great compared to NOD, i wish AV would do a comparison with Vipre, would be nice.

ill have more results on vipre in the next few weeks been installing on some home user

Older versions of Trendmicro Worry-Free Business Security are fine. It is the version 6.0 that I and a lot of others are having problems with resource usage. Again, I haven't tried out version 7.0 or read their community forums to see if anyone likes that version.

Yep, after having to stare at a dead Symantec install that is not fetching updates and is refusing to uninstall. I grabbed up a Vipre Enterprise install to start testing.

Shit product is shit, and Symantec can go DIAF

Vipre +1. We have been using it for most of our clients because of the ease of installation, management and pricing. Plus it is a good anti-virus.

Ya the ease of installation and price i think has me sold on Vipre so far, the run around with NOD i am getting with the local resellers has me turned off not to mention their annoying web site always defaulting back to a spanish page and not including a place to change the site back to english, and the pages that do, as soon as i hit buy, i go back to a spanish page.

Back