cornelious is finally getting h2O!!!!!

cornelious0_0

[H]F Junkie
OMG, I'm so happy right now.....it's finally happening. I've spent so much time in the last year or so troubleshooting h2O setups for ppl around here without actually owning my own, and I'm finally getting ready to leave air cooling. :D

Some of you might be saying "What happened to the Prometia" when you read this, but let me explain. What happened is that my most recent paycheque was about $100 short of what I was expecting, and for starters, it was gonna push back the purchase of the Prometia by 2 weeks. Not only that, but I had a number of other things I was going to have to buy, including a Lian-Li body kit for the Prometia, for another $170 USD or so. All in all, it was going to end up being too much of a burden to make the Prommy fit into my build plan for the next 3 months, along with everything else i still want to do.

So, I sat down, and finally made a concrete decision.....I'm going water. :)

What I already ordered last night was the DangerDen TDX s478 waterblock, a DTek Pro Heatercore combo /w shroud, and the C-Systems CSP750 12v pump. Along with these I've also got a dual-bay 5.25" bayres and 5 feet of 1/2"ID tubing on the way. For the heatercore I'm gonna have a 120x38mm Panaflo that put out about 150cfm that I'm gonna be setting up as a "pull" fan with the shroud to have it exhaust out the top of the case.

I will have the TDX block, pump, tubing, and reservoir this week.....with the Heatercore on the way from DTek in the states. Along with the TDX block I picked up a lapping kit.....cus I want that bitch lapped and polished to a mirror finish before it gets rigged up.

I'm still going to be picking up a NB block and the NV68 (and possibly building a seperate loop for the NV68) a bit down the road to rig up the "other half" of my system on the h2O....but for now I'm concentrating on getting the CPU taken care of.

I was hardpressed not to go out and buy the 3.2E first.....because I'm getting a handpicked SL7KC chip that's gonna be a VERY nice overclocker. However, I am already running into case temp issues with my CPU HSF recycling so much hot air into the case.....and i figured that adding a hotter Prescott wasn't going to really help out my case temps, or my video card overclock.....which WAS already going downhill from the higher temperatures in the case.

So there you have it, your pal cornelious is finally getting his act togethor.....and the Lian-Li is going to look just a bit more [H]ard. ;) I'll do my best to get pics taken of all the parts as they start arriving....and some before and after shots of the lapped TDX.

I'll be sure to keep you all posted on the happenings, as the first 3/4 of the setup will be arriving this week.....with the heatercore (hopefully) shortly after.

Oh, and this post did have another purpose........6,000 posts baby!!! :cool:

1st - congrats man :D on the 6000 posts and the new h2o setup you are gonna have

2nd - inquiring minds want to know what happened to the Prommy deal that you had going? weren't you getting it for pretty cheap? i was just curious, since if it was a realllllly good deal, then i would be interested in it ;)

IceWeasel said:
1st - congrats man :D on the 6000 posts and the new h2o setup you are gonna have

2nd - inquiring minds want to know what happened to the Prommy deal that you had going? weren't you getting it for pretty cheap? i was just curious, since if it was a realllllly good deal, then i would be interested in it ;)

Well it was actually going to be more expensive then the water cooling....but the thing is that it was gonna take 2 seperate paycheques to pay for it....and then I had to get the Body kit seperately.....even though it was a very nice deal I didnt feel that I wanted to push everything else back....because I've still got a few other mods I wanna get done to the case in the next couple months.......one that's a little more pricey.

SWEET! I am joining ya soon and also picked up a YY0221 this week. :D I am thinking about going with at least one rad from 2fresh, swiftech 6002, ehiem 1250, and a dual 3.5" res or 5 1/4" res from dangerden. What ya think? Do you think the TDX is better than the swiftech?

isnt that so much fun. i love coming home from school and seeing 5 fedex express boxes outside my door, its like xmas all over again. keep us updated, tiger ;)

^^^i know what you mean...my d-tek box was like "wrapped with joy" in a plain ole' USPS box...:p

yeah, good luck dude, hopefully u'll pull ur OC a helluva lot higher!!

you'll dig water, good temps and quiet. i didn't have much of a problem with noise when i made the switch to water, but i lost about 15*C and was only able to hear the hard drives afterwards.

i prefer water to vapor because of one reason: condensation

it's kinda like having sex with a girl who has herpes. i mean sure it's possible to do it safely, but do you really wanna risk it?

Devilpup said:
it's kinda like having sex with a girl who has herpes. i mean sure it's possible to do it safely, but do you really wanna risk it?

Words of wisdom right there^^^^

LOL!!!

nice setup

you dont need the lapping kit for the TDX.. it's machine lapped and it's a great finish.

yeah, good luck dude, hopefully u'll pull ur OC a helluva lot higher!!

Yeah, it'll be nice to see how far I can go with the 3.2E SL7KC that I'm gonna be getting.....that stepping's hitting 3.6-3.6 on air cooling with minimal-no voltage adjustments.....what fun. :)

Oh my dear lord....I was sitting in my room all quiet and then I burst out laughing like an ass when I read that.....amazing dude, I'm gonna have to make that my MSN or throw it in my sig. :)

you dont need the lapping kit for the TDX.. it's machine lapped and it's a great finish.

Well in that case I'll maybe just see how it looks and maybe lap the NVSilencer to a mirror finish to hold me over until i get the NV68.....or i could lap my parents Volcano9 just for the hell of it. :p

Thx for the support guys, i can't wait for the stuff to start rolling in. :cool:

this thread has a ton of posts...and you haven't even gotten anything yet!! :p

Alex41290 said:
this thread has a ton of posts...and you haven't even gotten anything yet!! :p

Of course.....it's me. ;)

Seriously though, it's gonna be nice just to have the TDX block to hold, because I've never owned or even held a water block before....and it's gonna be so pretty.

Hmm, I wonder if i should just leave the NVSilencer on teh 6800GT, lap it....and do the cpu only on water cooling. having the h2O on the 3.2E will bring my case temps WAY down from what they are right now....because after one overclocked run of Aquamark3 i have to let me system sit and cool down teh case temps.....or the cpu overheats and locks up. I might be able to get a little more out of the GPU with the lower case temps, the lapping would help the NVSilencer a LOT....cus the finish was smooth and solid, but not lapped or shiny at all. I dunno, first I just wanna see where I can go with my 2.8C with the water......because who knows...the heat IS a huge hinderance right now.....and what if i COULD hit 4GHz with my 2.8C? That's be pretty pimpin.....might make me hang onto it and not get the prescott. ;)

yeah, my RBX is pretty sexy...:p

but, if i were you, don't get wcing for ur GPU yet, unless its that big of a deal to you...you will get more OCing with just a CPU...but thats my $.02

Alex41290 said:
yeah, my RBX is pretty sexy...:p

but, if i were you, don't get wcing for ur GPU yet, unless its that big of a deal to you...you will get more OCing with just a CPU...but thats my $.02

yeah, that's kinda what I was thinking.....I might go as far as to get a chipset block....but considering last week I succeeded in running my computer with no heatsink on the northbridge for about 5 minutes I really dont feel that the NB waterblock is THAT necessary....because i shut off the comp and felt the bare NB....and it was barely hot. :p

Alex41290 said:
lol is that legal/safe??

I wouldn't say it's safe, but I was surprised that it ran perfectly fine and was barely hot when I finally woke up and shut the computer down. :p

ST|FFY said:
grats man, remember to take pics when ur done :D

Don't worry, I wouldn't make an announcement like this and then deprive you poor souls of pics. :p

I'm super excited to just see how it looks all rigged up with the tubing going back and forth....cus it's gonna be routed quite well, and it's gonna be bitchin'. :D

i wanna see the "legendary" cornelious' WCing rig

Come now, now you're just trying to make me blush. :p

cornelious0_0 said:
I'm super excited to just see how it looks all rigged up with the tubing going back and forth....

Come now, now you're just trying to make me blush. :p

you sound like a little kid on christmas eve...:p

Alex41290 said:
you sound like a little kid on christmas eve...:p

Haha, yeah.....well, all year round is christmas season for me so w/e. :p

Man, I'm bored out of my mind and nobody wants to go do ANYthing....I guess I'll start on my Aquamark3 6800 scaling analysis testing. ;)

yea cornelious i know the feeling. im going with a full aquacomputer set up. and its my first time and i cant wait for everything to get here, a few items are on back order so i will have to wait till after the 12th.

corn, how old are you? and what is your employment? lol

you have a lot of awesome shit and it sounds like a lot of free time too

IceWeasel said:
corn, how old are you? and what is your employment? lol

you have a lot of awesome shit and it sounds like a lot of free time too

19 years old, working 30hours/week at a pet store. :cool:

Living at home with no car and only $240 (CDN) rent every month pretty much frees me up to mess with my comp a fair bit for someone my age. If I had my way and I was making more cash I'd be sitting with an FX53 s939 setup right now /w a brand spankin' new X800XT-PE.....but I guess that the h2O for my P4 will have to do. ;)

4GHz on the 2.8C would be pretty kick ass, but I don't know how realistic it is to aim that high right now. One thing is for sure though, I'm gonna have to be getting a new PSU.....cus this Enermax isn't cutting it. With my 6800GT overclocked to 450/1300 I can only get through Aquamark3 at like 265fsb....and sometimes even that's kinda iffy. If I clock the GT down to 350/1000 though I can get it to finish Aquamark3 at 270fsb.....which I'm not even CLOSE to being able to do with the GT's overclock applied. I'm either gonna be getting the Antec NeoPower with the dual 12v rails.....or I might just "break down" and get a PCP&C 510. :cool:

good set up, maybe a bigger heater core and run it all in big loop, and a more powerfull pump. i am not totally convince on the 750, one in my opinion is to weak for a system with 2 blocks, and 2 pumps are to expensive, a 600 or 650 can do a better job. do let us know how it turns out. i am curious to say the least. since you are only running one block, in that setup.
did dtek had the pumps in stock? good luck and enjoy them :)

thelostrican said:
good set up, maybe a bigger heater core and run it all in big loop, and a more powerfull pump. i am not totally convince on the 750, one in my opinion is to weak for a system with 2 blocks, and 2 pumps are to expensive, a 600 or 650 can do a better job. do let us know how it turns out. i am curious to say the least. since you are only running one block, in that setup.
did dtek had the pumps in stock? good luck and enjoy them :)

DTek did not have the pumps in stock, but www.bigfootcomputers.com in Canada has the exact same C-Systems CSP750 for sale without the DTek branding.....and I picked up one of those. I'll let you all know how it does, and if/when I put the NV68 and/or NB block on the same loop I'll let you know how the temps do with the CSP750, but I might be considering picking up a bigger, more capable multi-block pump down the road.

I want to get a Prommy too, but it takes up too much room. I have my PC in this built in desk spot, where its off the ground so it wont suck in too much lint, etc. And to stack my case on top of the Prommy it wouldnt fit. They need to make a low profile, low noise, version. Really I dont need 0C or less. I'd be happy if it was quiet and keep my CPU just a little under ambient. instead of 50-60C of aircooling. Then I wouldnt have to worry about everything greased up and sealed and heater coil working, (condensation) etc.

Anyway, I'm thinking about going to water too. But it will be when I make my next big upgrade, that I will turn my current PC in to a water cooling rig. (practice on the old computer when I get a new one) I might even try it on my old 1Ghz Pentium3 just for practice.

omg this is killing me...the rest of my WCing setup comes tomorrow and then i hafta wait for the weekend...and i don't even have the whole weekend! My aunt's wedding is on saturday, and that's the whole day gone...does anybody know if, with leak testing, can I just leave it unattended for like 8 hours or so? I mean, you leave it like that when you sleep, so would it be okay?

oh man, i get my tubing/clamps/GPU block/uv dye/zerex/rounded cables/uv CFFLS, etc. Honestly everything...

Leak test for now less then 24 hours dude.....and place the entire setup on some paper towel so you can tell when you come back if there's been any mishaps.

well, yeah, i have sunday free, i could do like 8-8 for 12 hours...good enough...i'll probly put it on some rags or something so I can tend to it as needed :p

24 hours bro.....24 hours. Don't try and convince yourself that 12 or so it gonna be alright just cus you wanna get it running, this is NOT a thing to rush. 12 is better then nothing, but go for 24.....I've still seen things happen down the road when ppl don't leak test for a full day, but it's up to you.

so, well, i'm kind of confused as to whether my question was answered or not...for that i will ask again:

can i leave it "alone" for like 8 hours? If i can, then 24 is doable (10am - 10 am)...if not, im gonna hafta wait a whole nother week, which will be torture...

Alex41290 said:
so, well, i'm kind of confused as to whether my question was answered or not...for that i will ask again:

can i leave it "alone" for like 8 hours? If i can, then 24 is doable (10am - 10 am)...if not, im gonna hafta wait a whole nother week, which will be torture...

Oh, sorry.....yeah....leaving it along like that should be alright.....but if it leaks during the first hour alone it might dry before you have a change to get back and take a look....in that case i might put in on a sheet of glass or metal or something so the water would settle and stay put for when you get back to it.

well, i don't hafta leave till 2, so that's about 3 hours that i can watch it, and just a little more where i can't

well, a rag (old towel) is thicker than a paper towel, so it could sop up the mess much better.

Alex41290 said:
well, a rag (old towel) is thicker than a paper towel, so it could sop up the mess much better.

It could, but if it's only a small leak it's still a big deal, and it might not leak that much.....maybe enough to dry in that time period that you're gone....tough to say.

yeah, but it could also evaporate...eh, that glass idea doesn't sound so bad, i'll think about that...and i'll ask my dad

Back