cornelious is finally getting h2O!!!!!

Update: I got my reservoir and tubing today!!! :D

The dual bayres is actually very nice, I just had to get it assembled so I could go fill it wit water in the sink, just for a taste of things to come. ;) I'm going to be getting some black aquarium sealent to cover the "plugs" that're in the extra holes, and to line my inlet/outlet barbs with around the base.....just as a little bit of re-assurance that everything'll be alright in that department.

The heatercore/shroud left LA yesterday night so I'm hoping that late this week or sometime next week I'll have it.....along with the TDX block and pump that're gonna be here in about 2-3 days. :D

It's really happening guys, and it's gonna be great.

I'm gonna start taking apart my comp now to install it in an old case temporarily.....cus I wanna leak test the h2O inside the Lian-Li so that if everything checks out I can just slide the mobo tray back in and be done, and ready to go. :p

Ahh, god bless Lian-Li and their case designs. I now have my computer sitting assembled on my desk, with no case whatsoever. This was made possibly by the fact that my DFI mobo has power and reset button built onto the board that work just fine. The PSU is sitting on a box beside my desk, and the hard drive cage and cdrom are stacked ontop of each other. The really nice thing here is that when you remove my cases motherboard tray, not only the tray comes out.....but the entire back of the computer too.....too handy. This meant that I basically didnt have to uninstall anything, and the entire mobo plate/back panel is in one peice sitting on my desk.....and it's doin fine. I've gotta get started on getting my mods done to the case that I want to do, because I'm not putting the comp back in until the water cooling has been fully leak tested and the mods are all done. Looks like my next cheque will be paying for my case handles, new fan grills, and modders mesh.

I actually had a really cool idea today before i left for work. What I'm gonna do is because the bayres takes up two cdrom bays in the front of my computer I'm gonna put some mesh over that space, so that the mesh is infront of the reservoir when it's installed....i figure it'll look pretty nice with the mesh/case painted all teh same black. ;)

I'll be sure to post back when I get the pump and TDX block this week.

Update 2: The TDX block, lapping kit, and CSP750 pump arrived today....problem is that I forgot I did COD and didnt have the cash ready. :(

I'll be pickin' up the stuff tonight on my way to work.....that is gonna be one long ass 4.5 hour shift. :p

The h2O gear is ALmost all here, but even after it is I'm waiting until I get the case cut and painted before the water cooling gets installed. I'm leak testing it installed in teh Lian-Li before I xfer the comp back.....to try and minimze the amount of work I gotta do later on.

I'll letcha guys know when the heatercore shows up, and what I gain outa lapping the NVSilencer.....it needs it. :)

cool, bet ya can't wait for the heatercore ;) lol

yeah, tomorrow is gonna be the longest school day ever...considering that my zerex is supposed to come tomorrow, its the final thing I have left to do!!!

Then sunday-monday is leak-testing, and voila!

must...wait...another...day

wow, i went through my "box" of my watercooling parts...i honestly think i was ready to bang my head on a table...

AND, i just read that you can buy water wetter in an automotive store...wow...if i would've known that, i could've gotten that in the mean time for the zerex...but oh well...

and cornelious, i'm waiting for ur pics, so post them when u get the rest of the stuff! just post pics of the stuff in general...it makes my life feel like it has meaning :p

Alex41290 said:

and cornelious, i'm waiting for ur pics, so post them when u get the rest of the stuff! just post pics of the stuff in general...it makes my life feel like it has meaning :p

The thing is that I don't have easy access to a digital camera, not of my own, and not of a friends. I wanted to get pics of the individual parts as they arrived to show you guys, but it looks like I'm gonna be limited to maybe one "group shot" at the end before I install it....and a finished shot of everything in the modded/painted Lian-Li.

The thing is that I'm getting the case cut for a few mods on the 15th or so and getting it painted on the 30th when I get paid. I'm going to leak test the h2O inside the Lian-Li so that I'm good to go if it checks out......so the entire rig won't actually be up and running until the first week in November.....but i should still be able to get pics of the parts sitting in wait, and of the case after the cuts are done so you guys can see what I'm doing with my Li-Li to help out the airflow/wiring in the case.

Peace out, I'll let you know how impressed I am with the TDX block on saturday when i actually have time to pick it up....and I'll be sure to note any temperature drops I see after lapping the NVSilencer.

Alex41290 said:

yeah, tomorrow is gonna be the longest school day ever...considering that my zerex is supposed to come tomorrow, its the final thing I have left to do!!!

Then sunday-monday is leak-testing, and voila!

must...wait...another...day

wow, i went through my "box" of my watercooling parts...i honestly think i was ready to bang my head on a table...

AND, i just read that you can buy water wetter in an automotive store...wow...if i would've known that, i could've gotten that in the mean time for the zerex...but oh well...

You know you can get Zerex at automotive stores too since its automotive coolant in the first palce? you can get an auto version of practically anything in a WC setup but the waterblock as that is a bit more specialized..

Well not really that much of an update, but as of 6pm October 6th the tracking info for my DTek heatercore/shroud is saying "left the United States from Los Angeles AMC....." and I'm assuming that it's gotta be getting close. I'm gonna be expecting the heatercore to arrive sometime next week, and I'll be sure to let you guys know when it does show up.

Also, not really related to the water cooling, but I recently did some cutting with my NVSilencer and managed to bring my temps down a bit. What I did was basically remove the back section of the duct that leads out of the case, so that 1/3 of the heatsink is exposed. With my Vantec Fancard turned up full tilt I managed to bring my idle temp on the card from 50C down to 46C and the max load from 68C down to 63C. I'm gonna be lapping the Silencer to 1500grit this weekend and re-doing the AS5....so I'm gonna aim for a max load of 60C I think at this rate. :) This is just to keep me kinda held over until I can pick up a block for the 6800.....but I'm having fun with the Silencer, so i guess that's what counts. ;)

EDIT: even though I never go by what the autodetect tells me, it IS now actually detecting teh core clock 5MHz higher then before....and an extra 30 or so on the memory...so I'd say somethign must have worked. :p

EDIT 2: Hehe, just realised that when I tested the new temps on the modded Silencer I had the core clocked at 400MHz. At 350/1000 /w 1.4v on the GPU I now Idle at 46C, with a max load of 61C. :D

cornelious,
you are really lucky. I wish I could order stuff from DTek and have watercooling setup. PM how it goes. We want pics!!! :p
REMOVED for Specific reasons. :p

Finsta said:
cornelious,
you are really lucky. I wish I could order stuff from DTek and have watercooling setup. PM how it goes. We want pics!!! :p
edit:Didn't you tell me that you were going to attempt to get a X800 XT-PE and sell the 6800GT?

Guy, when I say little stuff like that in passing to you I expect that it will stay there....I don't know exactly what I want to do quite yet, and I would appreciate it if you could just PM me if you have questions about general, unrelated stuff like that, to keep the thread a bit cleaner, and to keep things where I bring them up, in the PM's.

cornelious0_0 said:
The thing is that I don't have easy access to a digital camera, not of my own, and not of a friends. I wanted to get pics of the individual parts as they arrived to show you guys, but it looks like I'm gonna be limited to maybe one "group shot" at the end before I install it....and a finished shot of everything in the modded/painted Lian-Li.

The thing is that I'm getting the case cut for a few mods on the 15th or so and getting it painted on the 30th when I get paid. I'm going to leak test the h2O inside the Lian-Li so that I'm good to go if it checks out......so the entire rig won't actually be up and running until the first week in November.....but i should still be able to get pics of the parts sitting in wait, and of the case after the cuts are done so you guys can see what I'm doing with my Li-Li to help out the airflow/wiring in the case.

Peace out, I'll let you know how impressed I am with the TDX block on saturday when i actually have time to pick it up....and I'll be sure to note any temperature drops I see after lapping the NVSilencer.

already tried the "pics?" question to no avail :p

Damn son, about time you take the plunge. It will be nice to see someone who knows as much about H2O as you do actually have an H2O system. :) Congrats! Also, if your not going to be moving this system around a lot, I seriously suggest factoring in some sort of waterchilling apparratus. Window AC units can be found for fairly cheap and the cooled water will give you great performance capabilities as well as inhibit corrosion. ;)

I feel your pain cornelious. I'm still waiting on my video card so I can put the NV68 block on it and complete the loop. Glad to see you are joining the ranks of the H2o enabled!

cgrant26 said:
Damn son, about time you take the plunge. It will be nice to see someone who knows as much about H2O as you do actually have an H2O system. Congrats! Also, if your not going to be moving this system around a lot, I seriously suggest factoring in some sort of waterchilling apparratus. Window AC units can be found for fairly cheap and the cooled water will give you great performance capabilities as well as inhibit corrosion.

Thx bro, it does feel great to finally be making the move to h2O. Today I finally have a day off work where I can run to the post office and pick up the TDX, pump, and the lapping kit. Also, more good news includes the fact that I got a friend to stop by work yesterday and lend me his dremel and some cutoff wheels.....so between today and Monday (other day off) I'm gonna get all the cuts done that I have to so that the case is more or less ready to be painted. I think I'm just gonna do some simple cuts like removing the stock fan grills and cutting a couple holes to help my wiring.......cus I had a bit to much to drink last night and I'm gonna leave the 120mm hole ontop and the window for Monday. ;)

I'm not sure when I'll be able to make the switch to water cooling on my video card, so I went ahead and started modding the NVSilencer yesterday. I came across a thread on OCForums where a guy simply cut a hole in the plastic shroud and placed a 60mm fan ontop of the heatsink, lowering his load temps by a good 5-10C. Seeing as I already had the Vantec Fancard installed under the 6800 I decided to do something a little more creative with my card. What I did was basically cut off the back half section of "ducting" leading to the back of the case so that about 1/3 of the heatsink is exposed. This now allows one of the fans on the Fancard to blow directly on that section of the heatsink. The funny thing is that even though it's only blowing on 1/3 of the heatsink, my load temps at 350/1000 1.4v went from 68C down to 61C. :D I'm going to be lapping the Silencer today with the goal of getting my air cooling load temp on the card below 60C.....and I'm gonna use the dremel to clean up the cuts to the plastic and maybe expose a bit more of the heatsink.

Just thought I'd let you guys know what's gonna be goin' on, and that I'm having some further success with my NV5.....voiding warantee's is fun. :D

Oh, and about the AC idea....I had considered it when I was still thinking about staying on air cooling...getting a portable AC unit modded onto my chasis somehow and ducting it onto my CPU.....but I DO move my computer around a lot. Gotta make it to every LAN I can with this beast, it's just too fun. :)

Well guys, Thxgiving is over for me, which means that shipping should have resume'd on my heatercore by now. ;)

I got WAY to bored and anctious today and ended up just rigging up the TDX, pump, and res to have it doing SOMEthing. :p

Oh yeah, I did get TDX on saturday.....lapped it, and she's lookin' much better now. :cool:

I have completed the necessary cuts to the Lian-Li to get my mesh windows installed and mount the WC except for the 120mm exhaust up top....so as soon as I can get to my friends place to use his holesaw I'll be ready to get the case painted.....and I'll have the entire setup up and running by the end of the month in the fully modded case.

I'll be sure to get you guys more updates as things start to get wrapped up in the next week or so here.........it's getting close. :D

lol, awesome...i'm sure its gonna ROCK!!!

now, since my pump died, i'm unable to use "my" computer, and i'm stuck on the family shuttle...:(

cornelious, i know u posted in my thread on the best pump (u did, right :p), but could anyone else give me insight?

btw, if you can, post pics of ur li-li...

Alex41290 said:
lol, awesome...i'm sure its gonna ROCK!!!

now, since my pump died, i'm unable to use "my" computer, and i'm stuck on the family shuttle...:(

cornelious, i know u posted in my thread on the best pump (u did, right :p), but could anyone else give me insight?

btw, if you can, post pics of ur li-li...

The Li-Li pics will be up closer to the end of the month....as I am sadly not in possesion of a digicam at ALL....and this is ridiculously awkward. :rolleyes:

alright, i'm now officially confused...not that its hard to do

awkward cuz so many ppl have asked about pics and you don't have a camera?

lol, sorry to be dumb

Alex41290 said:
alright, i'm now officially confused...not that its hard to do

awkward cuz so many ppl have asked about pics and you don't have a camera?

lol, sorry to be dumb

No problem....by awkward I mean that I dont have a camera and ppl are always like "take pics take pics" and "can i see your wiring" and stuff.......and.....i cant. :(

these are the times that you wonder..."should i buy a digital camera?"

you know there are like 100 people on the [H] forums screaming (nonorgasmically :p) "YES!!! YES!!!!"

but then, you realize you just spend $200+ on your watercooling, and you give them the finger :p lol
finger.JPG

well, hey, if you have a scanner or something, then u could get some cheapass disposable...

well, good luck with getting pics and also more luck with ur watercooling...i'm sure there are many people looking forward to this, including me :p

Alex41290 said:
well, good luck with getting pics and also more luck with ur watercooling...i'm sure there are many people looking forward to this, including me :p

Well, it's nice to know that I've actually got some fans.....and I promise I won't dissapoin with the pics.....they'll be here one way or another. :p

I'm thinkin' that It might be a better move to spend the $160 - $200 canadian plus taxes on a decent digicam as opposed to the OCZ PowerStream 470W and sleeving......the PSU can come later.....cam next month. :D

Alex41290 said:
lol, next month...:eek:

who can wait that long???? :p

Well you're all gonna have to just sit and wait now aren't you? I'll be borrowing a camera to get pics taken of the water cooling and case mods and all before the end of the month....but anything after that to have to do with the power supply will have to come sometime next month at the absolute soonest. ;)

Update: Hehe, I just had a great idea. With the case interior/exterior painted all black with the black mobo and black sleeved wires I've got a very fitting name for the mod/case.

I give you............

"Perfect Dark"

:cool:

hmm...now correct me if i'm wrong, but (sorry) i think i saw someone in the case mod section with a mod titled that...but i could be wrong

Alex41290 said:
hmm...now correct me if i'm wrong, but (sorry) i think i saw someone in the case mod section with a mod titled that...but i could be wrong

Better not be, I was pretty set on that name..... :mad:

How about "Perfect Hype"? lol, sorry, I couldn't resist. Good luck on that thing. I'd like to suggest avoiding a 2nd loop, since the extra pressure from a 2nd pump in series will help out a lot, and not impact gpu temps much (since the water is just a few degrees hotter after the cpu). The bigger impact would be felt by running a 2nd rad in that now-unified loop. It sounds like you'll have time to test it out before the case is ready though, don't leave us hanging ;)

HiProfile said:
How about "Perfect Hype"? lol, sorry, I couldn't resist. Good luck on that thing. I'd like to suggest avoiding a 2nd loop, since the extra pressure from a 2nd pump in series will help out a lot, and not impact gpu temps much (since the water is just a few degrees hotter after the cpu). The bigger impact would be felt by running a 2nd rad in that now-unified loop. It sounds like you'll have time to test it out before the case is ready though, don't leave us hanging ;)

Don't worry, I wouldnt do that to you guys. ;)

Hehe, I went and picked up a $200 cheapo HP Digicam that I'm not even sure I'll keep.....

Here's a little quicky shot of the mockup water loop that's been running now for about 3 days without any leaks.....there's only one hose clamp on the res cus i just got these really nice screw-down chrome clamps at Canadian Tire and I just wanted to test fit it.

The pic really shows you how small the pump really is, and you can get a little bit of a look at the lapping job I did with the TDX. I'll go for a closeup of the block in a sec. ;)

Picture 001.jpg

This HP is decent enough that I'd probly be happy with it....but I'm gonna see if I can get approved for like a $500 loan from my bank on Tuesday....and If I do I'm taking home either a Panasonic LC70 or a Fugi E510.

what pump is that? jw, cuz i do really need a new pump...and a new case....

jeez, expenses expenses (for me) lol, they pile up...

but hey, at least u got a cam...thanks! lookin good...

Fine fine..... :rolleyes:

This cam kinda does suck at close up shots and such....so I'm trying, but you can at least get a better look at the TDX after my lapping.....and some of the sandpaper in the back after it served it's purpose. ;)

Picture 007.jpg

Here's another shot to give you an idea on how small the C-Systems CSP750 pump really is. :cool:

Picture 008.jpg

How is that Pump? I was thinking of getting the Danger Den D4 12v or this one. I have no clue when it comes to pumps. I just assume more money equals more performance.

Are those fittings 1/2" OD? and tubing, if I correctly recall is 1/2" ID? And u dont have any clamps or something else to secure the tubes on fittings? Just curious how it works, I am thinking about watercooling myself.

Oh, yeah, what else is good about the pump (beside it being small)? I wonder how it compares to the Danger Den D4 12v someone referred to above.

Cornelious,
what model of the HP camera is that? I think we may have the same camera. I have the Photosmart 435.
EDIT: Now you can show me your uber wiring skills. :D

TehQuick said:
Are those fittings 1/2" OD? and tubing, if I correctly recall is 1/2" ID? And u dont have any clamps or something else to secure the tubes on fittings? Just curious how it works, I am thinking about watercooling myself.

Oh, yeah, what else is good about the pump (beside it being small)? I wonder how it compares to the Danger Den D4 12v someone referred to above.

The fittings are for 1/2" ID tubing....which yes, is what I've got. I have clamps....look at the one barb on the reservoir....i had just put one on to test fit it, and it works great....I've got the rest of 'em on now....looks nice.

The pump is small....VERY quiet....and in a single block setup performs on par with the Eheim 1025 and a couple other nice 300GPH pumps out there.

what model of the HP camera is that? I think we may have the same camera. I have the Photosmart 435

yep, 435....but if I get approved for this loan on tuesday I'll be getting a Panasonic LC70....4MP with an AWSOME screen and very nice leika lens system.

I couldn't find my sheet of 800grit when I went to do the TDX so that was just with 1000, 1200, 1500 grits. The entire process with all three grits only took about 5 minutes and I'm VERY pleased with how it turned out for my first time lapping anything.

Back